allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So... if I had multiple playthroughs with both a Good MC and a Bad MC, does that mean I have a split personality?
Ah, yes ... the duality of man.
Had a good day of writing and rendering, so I wanted to do a few just-for-fun renders showing what Mason's up to while MC's busy with Ashe.

6 AM -- Wake up.

View attachment 2764653

7 AM -- Read.

View attachment 2764651

11 AM -- Clean apartment. Find new clothes. Wait for Daddy to come home.

View attachment 2764652
In these times when the thread is in incoherent chaos, you always come to us and drop those fire renders.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Didn't say that, didn't suggest that, didn't even think that. Don't put words in my mouth please.
I think you got caught in the crossfire, while I was baiting others. My condolences. ;) :ROFLMAO:
I kill thousands of sentients all the time in games like Stellaris, or I pick up a gun and shoot people in ww2. I have no desire to do these things in real life. Nor would I treat people like dark guy does .
So... if I had multiple playthroughs with both a Good MC and a Bad MC, does that mean I have a split personality? Or that I'm caught in a time loop? :unsure:

It's possible a player's choices in a game could perhaps say something about their mindset if you squint hard enough, but in practice I think the noise would drown out the signal. Sure, a fascination with dark content might stem from dark impulses. But then again it might stem purely from curiosity or a cathartic desire to see such behavior punished in the end. At the end of the day no one is actually getting hurt from our actions in the game so it's not in any way comparable to real life.

Personally I haven't even enabled Taboo content on my saves, but I still think it would be a good thing if the MC faced harsh consequences for his actions on the dark path - especially when he's unrepentant and stupid about it.
I didn't think I'd catch this many fish while being facetious. :ROFLMAO: It was just a bit of fun. Carry on and play the game the way you guys want. I'm just more like Joshy92. I rarely play the bad guy and sometimes it's just fun to tease the people who do. :ROFLMAO:

obitus

Nov 22, 2020
I don't understand why the community strongly dislikes Nikki to the extent that Neonghost had to create an anti-Nikki patch in response to numerous negative reviews and angry messages (that's hilarious). Well, initially, I also disliked Nikki because she seemed to be using the main character for money alongside that jerk. However, as the story progressed, I grew to appreciate her character development and how she evolved alongside the main character. She has now become one of my favorite characters in the game due to her intriguing story.

P.S. I despise Brittany's/Gabby's boyfriend to the core. That guy is terrible. I felt extremely frustrated after watching those private videos.

Last edited:

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
I don't understand why the community strongly dislikes Nikki to the extent that Neonghost had to create an anti-Nikki patch in response to numerous negative reviews and angry messages (that's hilarious). Well, initially, I also disliked Nikki because she seemed to be using the main character for money alongside that jerk. However, as the story progressed, I grew to appreciate her character development and how she evolved alongside the main character. She has now become one of my favorite characters in the game due to her intriguing story.

P.S. I despise Brittany's/Gabby's boyfriend to the core. That guy is terrible. I felt extremely frustrated after watching those private videos.
In a game with forced sex having a character to despise isnt a bad thing dont you think? I like her love path too but the dark one takes the cake :))

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Most people here either like Nikki or are okay with her character.
It was just some very vocal haters who kept bothering everyone else on this thread until Neonghost decided to make fun at them doing that "anti-Nikki patch". :ROFLMAO:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Most people here either like Nikki or are okay with her character.
Yea, by the time I started looking at the thread more most of them were already gone. At this point, I'm starting to get tired of the people who don't like the people who hate Nicki. LOL. I don't care. It may have given Neon some initial setbacks but that hasn't stopped him so I feel like we're just beating a dead horse now.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020

I think Nikki is a great character even when you don't like her. She's layered, deeply flawed, sometimes plain selfish yet frail, relatable and ultimately good natured.

As i said, if someone wants a game were every single girl exist only to be an ego booster for the player, this is not the game. And this is why i sincerely love this game and i eagerly wait for updates.

Pretty much all characters in this game works very well for their role and they feel like real person, which is a remarkable archivement for any form of story telling.

Of course, MC is the exception, since he is the player's proxy, so he needs to be as much as 'nondescript' as possible, so the player can poor himself in his shoes and according to game choices he can act in a totaly different way in the situations. And this is not a minus, it's just how it is supposed to be.

elthaun

Jun 18, 2018
where can i get the patch that provides additional choices mentioned in the walkthrough? is it a subscriber only thing?

edit: nevermind, i forgot 'taboo' means more than just incest and had assumed the taboo patch just made someone a sister or mother

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Eland51298

clown48212

Feb 27, 2020
It's ironic or maybe it isn't lol
I don't want to share my chosen girl in this game even with another girl
It would make me too angry

And yet my favourite visual novel girl of all time is in a loving relationship with another girl and the mc (A throuple)
And I never want that throuple to break up.
It's also my favourite relationship storyline in any game ever

So make of that what you will
Sometimes I confuse myself.
Hey Joshy,

The VN you mentioned with the throuple sounds really interesting. What game is that?

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Hey Joshy,

The VN you mentioned with the throuple sounds really interesting. What game is that?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think Nikki is a great character even when you don't like her. She's layered, deeply flawed, sometimes plain selfish yet frail, relatable and ultimately good natured.
I totally agree, Nicki is amazing, she's not perfect, she has made mistakes, and yet is one of the most loyal, kind, and down to earth characters out there. She is definitely one of my favorites and I'm ready to see more Nicki in the future, for now though, I'm ready to have an undoubtedly wild night with Ashe. :devilish:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

I totally agree, Nicki is amazing, she's not perfect, she has made mistakes, and yet is one of the most loyal, kind, and down to earth characters out there. She is definitely one of my favorites and I'm ready to see more Nicki in the future, for now though, I'm ready to have an undoubtedly wild night with Ashe. :devilish:
Yeah I like Nicki as well
But I'm not doing anything naughty with Ashe because I don't want to cheat on Nicki

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

As i said, if someone wants a game were every single girl exist only to be an ego booster for the player, this is not the game. And this is why i sincerely love this game and i eagerly wait for updates.

Pretty much all characters in this game works very well for their role and they feel like real person, which is a remarkable archivement for any form of story telling.

Of course, MC is the exception, since he is the player's proxy, so he needs to be as much as 'nondescript' as possible, so the player can poor himself in his shoes and according to game choices he can act in a totaly different way in the situations. And this is not a minus, it's just how it is supposed to be.
Agree with you about Nikki. She is a great character. :love:

About Guy since he does have a well know past that guides his current actions in one way or the other (depending on player choices). To be fair i like it this way over the blank slate protagonists with no past and who never develop a personality, either through the story's progression and/or via player choices.:cool:

Reactions: SlapE

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Yeah I like Nicki as well
But I'm not doing anything naughty with Ashe because I don't want to cheat on Nicki
In my perfect world, Nicki and Ashe are two of the characters that are okay with a Poly relationship and I will be with both of them... If not I'll just have to make multiple saves, but I'm definitely optimistic that I won't have to. :cool:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
In my perfect world, Nicki and Ashe are two of the characters that are okay with a Poly relationship and I will be with both of them... If not I'll just have to make multiple saves, but I'm definitely optimistic that I won't have to. :cool:
In a perfect world i would also add Mason to that poly romance. :p

clown48212

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks for following up SlapE. You're right, I haven't tried being a DIK yet, mainly because I wasn't a fan of Acting Lessons.

Actually now that I think that I about it, Acting Lessons also had a throuple as well depending on player choice, so maybe it's something the dev is into.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Haha i would agree with you but I am not sharing Nicki lol
In this game i'm a one woman dude.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes