TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Don't hate me guys but I kinda love cheesy soap opera romance in games
The more relationship drama before a couple iive happily ever after the better.
So that we can prove love conquers all
Who's with me?
Nope it drives me absolutely batty.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
General FYI: I put out a new test build to $15+ patrons today -- it's only on Discord for now, as I'm currently at my day job and unable to do any Patreon/SubStar posts.

But, current image total for the update is over 1,000. I have four distinct endings for the chapter fully rendered/completed, and the remaining hurdle is some Risa content that I snuck in at that last minute, as well as the core path, with Ashe's sex scenes and subsequent endings. Hoping I can bull-rush the rendering over the next few days, and have a working Beta available next Friday.

Until then, here's a little Gabby from the update.

View attachment 2772839

I promise not to burn any houses down. >_>

Honestly, when it comes to my approach to tragedy and such, I try to avoid melodrama. It's really easy to go big, whether with plotlines or personalities. But, I like to subvert the familiar beats and tropes when I can. Nicki's early plotlines are about as close as I want to get soap opera. And I'm hoping/planning to reel some of that in when I redo the first chapter, and touch up the following ones.
Guess Gabby and Guy will make peace (and some sex) in this update too. :p

ps: don't get me started on Dr.pinkcake and his overestimated stories...

Last edited:
Reactions: snakeplisskin

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
when will the rework of episode 1 comes out?
NeonGhosts
I try not to make predictions anymore, because they are often wrong. :’D

But, before the reboot I still need to publish this current update, and then one more that *should* be smaller and faster to come out. But, I said that about this current update, and now the thing is probably going to top 1200 renders by the time I’m done.

Then at some point I need to pause my Patreon/SubStar and take a month off to give myself a little break.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Exactly. Your opinion. We all have them. While BaDiK is a good game, MY opinion is AL is better. I'm not talking about renders, BaDiK is superior in that regard. But AL had choices that actually mattered and had real consequences. BaDiK, not so much.
I'll give you that one but mostly because i could only stand to play it once myself lol. I've played BaD over 24 times and many times without an update going different routes without needing the skip function.
But the choices do matter in BaD they are just very subtle and you need to look for them. But they are in my opinion "Again" fun to find and speculate apon.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I'll give you that one but mostly because i could only stand to play it once myself lol. I've played BaD over 24 times and many times without an update going different routes.
I originally quit playing BaDiK in season 1 ep5 or 6, don't really remember now. Just went back to it the other day and ran it through. Interlude and 9 were total shit for me, compared to the other eps.

Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Who's with me?
I disagree. I think we can both agree that Neon's writing style is better than DPC's (right?). Let's just establish that.

It's just that I'm okay with soap opera crap but I don't love it. It gets tiring. The only purpose that stuff serves is to draw out a story to its absolute length without really putting in anything interesting or new.

Marvin likes Candice. Candice's rich acquaintance one-sidedly loves her. Marvin and Candice overcome all obstacles to be together and theeennn ... something happens and they start back from square one. You're left there thinking, "The side characters seem a lot more fun right now because at least there isn't this much drama I have to deal with".

Reactions: Machete

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Who's with me?
There's nothing wrong with stories like that and when they are written well, they can be enjoyable... But when 90% of the games on this site essentially use that formula, it gets old and people get starved for anything else.

Add to that, many, many, MANY games on this site the writing just suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, and then you find the one game that's unique and well written and it's like standing in a crowd of people and feeling completely alone as you wait for that next update. lol

So yeah, it's a nice sentiment, but dammit, I need some spice in my life every now and again, like this game when I can just kinda do whatever depending on my mood and I don't have to be a lovey, dovey, nice guy cause the story requires it.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Honestly, when it comes to my approach to tragedy and such, I try to avoid melodrama.
The whole Nikki story when she came back is the very definition of melodrama though! (In a good way) I like it.
Man, that was memorable!

And i played the game without the patch. I didn't really realized there was a patch. So i just play the wholesome version of the game.
You can write good story, and good story writer is pretty rare in the AVN genre

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

But, before the reboot I still need to publish this current update, and then one more that *should* be smaller and faster to come out. But, I said that about this current update, and now the thing is probably going to top 1200 renders by the time I’m done.

Then at some point I need to pause my Patreon/SubStar and take a month off to give myself a little break.
Do it. Every worker deserves vacation, but if this is your main source of income i would recommend against pausing patreon/substar. ;)

Oct 10, 2022

No no, we cannot accept this. You need to suffer to deliver update after update, then quality should drop, not long after that you should burnt out and abandon game. We do things like that here.;)

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
General FYI: I put out a new test build to $15+ patrons today -- it's only on Discord for now, as I'm currently at my day job and unable to do any Patreon/SubStar posts.

But, current image total for the update is over 1,000. I have four distinct endings for the chapter fully rendered/completed, and the remaining hurdle is some Risa content that I snuck in at that last minute, as well as the core path, with Ashe's sex scenes and subsequent endings. Hoping I can bull-rush the rendering over the next few days, and have a working Beta available next Friday.

Until then, here's a little Gabby from the update.

View attachment 2772839

I promise not to burn any houses down. >_>

Honestly, when it comes to my approach to tragedy and such, I try to avoid melodrama. It's really easy to go big, whether with plotlines or personalities. But, I like to subvert the familiar beats and tropes when I can. Nicki's early plotlines are about as close as I want to get soap opera. And I'm hoping/planning to reel some of that in when I redo the first chapter, and touch up the following ones.
Hey, Gabby isn't Worthless D:<

• Sad
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Exactly. Your opinion. We all have them. While BaDiK is a good game, MY opinion is AL is better. I'm not talking about renders, BaDiK is superior in that regard. But AL had choices that actually mattered and had real consequences. BaDiK, not so much.
I remember AL for its stiff and awkward dialogue. I didn't notice it back then, but it really stopped me from replaying the game once I did.

I really want to try out BADIK, but from what I've played, the dialogue quality still hasn't changed much. Adding voice acting to read those dialogues only exacerbates the flaw.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Do it. Every worker deserves vacation, but if this is your main source of income i would recommend against pausing patreon/substar. ;)
Fortunately(ish :'D) I have a day job that takes care of my basic needs. And I ultimately I feel a responsibility to all my supporters to make sure I'm actually working, if I'm being paid. But, that's a little ways off. I'll likely schedule that break for the period between the Chapter One reboot, and the following chapter.

Hey, Gabby isn't Worthless D:<
Nothing but love for the sweetest cinnamon roll!

Gabby Composite.png

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Fortunately(ish :'D) I have a day job that takes care of my basic needs. And I ultimately I feel a responsibility to all my supporters to make sure I'm actually working, if I'm being paid. But, that's a little ways off. I'll likely schedule that break for the period between the Chapter One reboot, and the following chapter.

Nothing but love for the sweetest cinnamon roll!

View attachment 2775539
That picture is awesome
Gabby is a sweetheart
But then all the girls are imo

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I really like how the story in this is more mature and well written
Than a lot of games I have played

If you just look at the surface you might think this is one of those games where
The mc just rescues the girls and uses his money to solve all there problems
But when you start playing you can see straight away the story is way more than that

The girls aren't just there for the mc to bang
they feel like real people. the game is still young but I already feel emotionally connected to the characters

Also, I know I was kind of aggressive about defending Nicki when I first found this thread
(I still kinda am)
But I saw all the mean things written about her so I felt I had to defend her.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes