Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
Play the game, or if you want to just completely unlock it, change the return value of is_locked method in class GalleryScene in gallery/gallery_python.rpy
And how do you do that? I've located that, but I don't know what I have to change exactly.

DrivesYouToObey

Aug 12, 2023
And how do you do that? I've located that, but I don't know what I have to change exactly.
If you don't know how to proceed you shouldn't actually.
If you insist:
1) MAKE A BACKUP of gallery_python.rpy
2) Open the file gallery_python.rpy with Notepad in Windows (or similar program in Linux)
3) Locate is_locked within the section GalleryScene (you can use Notepad's find function Edit > Find and input is_locked, make sure you're in the GalleryScene section in case there's another variable with the same name in another section)
4) Change it's value (I don't have access to the file right now but if it's true change to false, if it's 1 change to 0 and so on)
5) Save the file
6) Start the game

If something goes wrong, you can restore the file using the backup.

gjrfgjrf

Aug 30, 2023
Not a bad game, unironicly. Noteworthy and sympathetic characters, quite beautiful. Somehow it reminds me of the game WVM, only if there almost all, if not all, of the female cast were virgins, here they are all damaged goods, as if you are in a secondhand. Every story is - let me tell you what an asshole my ex was, how great our fuck was and how he taught me to suck cock.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Not a bad game, unironicly. Noteworthy and sympathetic characters, quite beautiful. Somehow it reminds me of the game WVM, only if there almost all, if not all, of the female cast were virgins, here they are all damaged goods, as if you are in a secondhand. Every story is - let me tell you what an asshole my ex was, how great our fuck was and how he taught me to suck cock.
You're insulting this VN by comparing it with the idiocy of WVM.

gjrfgjrf

Aug 30, 2023
You're insulting this VN by comparing it with the idiocy of WVM.
Why not? Conceptually it's all the same - the mc, who has one exceptional trait, meets ladies in distress on his life path, helps them, then sex happens. IF in WVM it was all about - "oh look, he's a rising basketball star, I want him to fuck me", here it's all about money - "oh look, he's a millionaire, I want him to fuck me". It's the same thing.
And in WVM most of the girls were virgins, and a virgin is always > not a virgin.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
would love to see a dark path with Carolina
It'll happen eventually! Her date with MC has the potential to go wrong. Or right. :eek: At this point we don't really know what Carolina's pressure point is.

Hey NeonGhosts, do you still plan on remaking the 1st Nicki interaction and her surprise visit? If you do, any chance of old saves breaking? I forgot the details.
Yup! That'll be what follows the next update, and it'll definitely require everyone to start a new game. It's annoying, but it's my best chance to fix some things, and add features. I'd like to add a little content here and there to existing chapters, as well. For instance, I floated an idea over on my Discord about allowing Friend Gabby to come with you to pick out a swimsuit for Cassie, instead of only Love Gabby. And I obviously want to flesh out some of Ashe's dark content from the last update, that I had to cut short due to time constraints.

I don't think any of the girls talk explicitly about their past sex lives, really? I'm searching my memory. Nicki obviously discusses Brent being a bad boyfriend, but nothing overtly sexual. Gabby brings up the things her boyfriend would do that made her uncomfortable, which is a far cry from talking about how good he was in bed. Viola's inexperienced. Ashe drops a line about how she hasn't dated anyone since she and her ex broke up, but that was about it. Risa, Carolina, Wren, Pepper, Madison..

But, everyone perceives things their own way! Thanks for playing. :D

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Why not? Conceptually it's all the same - the mc, who has one exceptional trait, meets ladies in distress on his life path, helps them, then sex happens. IF in WVM it was all about - "oh look, he's a rising basketball star, I want him to fuck me", here it's all about money - "oh look, he's a millionaire, I want him to fuck me". It's the same thing.
And in WVM most of the girls were virgins, and a virgin is always > not a virgin.
You clearly have not played Friends in Need.
Also the whole virginity thing you got going smells like incel talk to me.:FacePalm:

=========================

Anyway to change things here is the newest update.:p

Public post

Dev Update! 10/9/23
Hey, folks!
Work on the next update continues, but I had to switch my focus from art to writing this week. Long story short, I realized I needed to move some stuff around to avoid doing multiple variations of a scene. See? I did learn some lessons from the last update. :'D

0155abbd-e7e1-46a2-accc-f4172ccabce2.png
I *didn't* learn my lesson about how annoying it is to have people doing stuff while they talk though. Win some, lose some.

But, that does leave me in the position of not having much to talk about this week. As you can see above, I've been working on Nicki and MC's scenes. It's always a joy to write Nicki, and in this update we'll get to see the two discuss some things they've been putting off for a long while now.

At present, the update stands at 15,636 words and 203 images, and I've got a good bit of road ahead of me. But, I'm going to keep trucking along. I always get a bit doubtful and discouraged early into a chapter, but eventually it starts to coalesce into something resembling an actual story. Right now I'm just in the banging-my-head-against-the-wall stage. :p
Until next time, take care of yourselves -- and thank you for your support.
2185585d-abda-4ffc-9071-bca46cac7b88.png 62804f77-851c-4098-84b4-52d8359b4c32.png

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
WTF are you talking about, dude.

As RC-1138 Boss just wrote, "you clearly have not played Friends in Need".

Enough said.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Even just sitting down to eat Nicki looks gorgeous
I don't think she realizes how amazing she is

gjrfgjrf

Aug 30, 2023
I don't think any of the girls talk explicitly about their past sex lives, really? I'm searching my memory. Nicki obviously discusses Brent being a bad boyfriend, but nothing overtly sexual. Gabby brings up the things her boyfriend would do that made her uncomfortable, which is a far cry from talking about how good he was in bed. Viola's inexperienced. Ashe drops a line about how she hasn't dated anyone since she and her ex broke up, but that was about it. Risa, Carolina, Wren, Pepper, Madison..
Everything reads between the lines - they're good in bed, good at sucking cock on demand, which means they've fucked their exes a lot, even if they were total scum. There's a saying- tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are, here it can be rephrased for exes and it doesn't speak in favour of all these girls.

Oct 10, 2022
Why just pointed out that Maya as Carolina's daughter would definitly be a weakness the mc could exploited, not like I suggested there should be a dark path for Maya.
First of all, you are convinced there should be an evil path for Carolina in my book it's an unforgivable sin. Secondly you suggested Maya should be the leverage for her dark path and that is true evil.

All in all, it was a joke. :whistle:

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes