NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Although, it'd be adorable if one of them had military aspirations, like Mason or something.
Funny thing! Mason was originally created as a guest-appearance character for The Regional Manager, where he had a military background! The dev of that game has a tier where you can commission a scene from him, and I wrote a full scene that introduced Andrea's old friend Mason, who was struggling to find employment. The player learns that Mason is trans and had been serving in the military, until being unceremoniously discharged under the rules of the then-administration. Following his experience in TRM, Mason would be left homeless and stranded in an unfamiliar city, which is where we'd find him in FiN.

Yadda yadda yadda, things happened, the event got scuttled, and I re-appropriated Mason for use in FiN, after some reworking. Here's some of the concept art that was done for the character. TRM's render on the left, my art on the right.

mason_new_hair5.png IMG_1975.jpg

Aaaaand here's something else I found that may be of interest to people. This was a bit of fanart for Banking on Bella I did, which also served as kind of a test for how I'd do a traditionally drawn VN. I'd still like to do a hand-drawn VN one day, but I don't think my hands are up to the task anymore. But, this character would eventually go on to be the inspiration for Viola!

Amanda.png

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
redeployed
Despite what the dictionary says, and common sense, ime this was only used when coming home from a deployment. If you were stateside heading to the "sandbox" no matter what iteration you were on, it was just deployed, and if it was to a non combat zone it was either a PCS (permanent change of station) or a TDY (temporary duty). So in character she'd probably not say redeployed.

- This pointless factoid brought to you by the 'tism, pedantry, and lived experience. All pointless factoids are subject to reevaluation if disputed and may be amended in light of such.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

mrmistoffelees

Mar 20, 2019
I don't usually comment on game pages . Don't usually have much to say. However, I'm amazed by the amount of content you put into each update. I just had the first scene with Jacuzzi. As it's only version 0.4 I've been expecting to reach the end of current content. The fact that the story keeps going has me pleasantly surprised. Keep up the goo work.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Funny thing! Mason was originally created as a guest-appearance character for The Regional Manager, where he had a military background! The dev of that game has a tier where you can commission a scene from him, and I wrote a full scene that introduced Andrea's old friend Mason, who was struggling to find employment. The player learns that Mason is trans and had been serving in the military, until being unceremoniously discharged under the rules of the then-administration. Following his experience in TRM, Mason would be left homeless and stranded in an unfamiliar city, which is where we'd find him in FiN.

Yadda yadda yadda, things happened, the event got scuttled, and I re-appropriated Mason for use in FiN, after some reworking. Here's some of the concept art that was done for the character. TRM's render on the left, my art on the right.

View attachment 3076532 View attachment 3076531

Aaaaand here's something else I found that may be of interest to people. This was a bit of fanart for Banking on Bella I did, which also served as kind of a test for how I'd do a traditionally drawn VN. I'd still like to do a hand-drawn VN one day, but I don't think my hands are up to the task anymore. But, this character would eventually go on to be the inspiration for Viola!

View attachment 3076530
I guess that it would be too dark if Mason's backstories were blended and his TBI was caused by combat (like mine!) or worse an assault by fellow service members. There was a significant period of the time when the military had an abysmal record of protecting female and trans service members. I wish I could say that awareness has made it better but my last job in uniform was as a SARC (Sexual Assault Response Coordinator) and at the time I left it only seemed to be getting worse.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022

View attachment 3076530
Hah! What are the odds, huh? Fuck dude, that's really awesome, thx for taking the time to post all that! That's some really hot drawings and renders there. So maybe there's some potential later down the line, then? At least seeing Mason in military garb, even hand-me-downs from his mom or dad or something, would be super hot :D Or maybe we can steer him in that career direction? Obviously you will do w/e you want and it will be cool either way, but just fun to think about for me at least :D

And I like your drawing style a lot and would love to play a 2d VN from you in the future. I'm guessing it takes much longer than 3d renders, though? :(

Despite what the dictionary says, and common sense, ime this was only used when coming home from a deployment. If you were stateside heading to the "sandbox" no matter what iteration you were on, it was just deployed, and if it was to a non combat zone it was either a PCS (permanent change of station) or a TDY (temporary duty). So in character she'd probably not say redeployed.

- This pointless factoid brought to you by the 'tism, pedantry, and lived experience. All pointless factoids are subject to reevaluation if disputed and may be amended in light of such.
Interesting, I didn't know! My bad haha

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I guess that it would be too dark if Mason's backstories were blended and his TBI was caused by combat (like mine!) or worse an assault by fellow service members. There was a significant period of the time when the military had an abysmal record of protecting female and trans service members. I wish I could say that awareness has made it better but my last job in uniform was as a SARC (Sexual Assault Response Coordinator) and at the time I left it only seemed to be getting worse.
Aww, damn, now I'm sad :( Too many fuckers out there

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
sounds like Joshy:unsure::unsure:
Lying,cheating and be dangerous,Joshy ? :unsure:

He would follow all the women like a lap dog,
waiting until they got back from their gang bangs and happily listening to how it was,
and meanwhile hoping with longing that one of them got pregnant from all those wild BBC orgies.
these are more his fantasies and qualities.
The romantic cucking kind,but definitely not the dark,dangerous path !!

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Lying,cheating and be dangerous,Joshy ? :unsure:

He would follow all the women like a lap dog,
waiting until they got back from their gang bangs and happily listening to how it was,
and meanwhile hoping with longing that one of them got pregnant from all those wild BBC orgies.
these are more his fantasies and qualities.
The romantic cucking kind,but definitely not the dark,dangerous path !!
Exactly, I am very romantic
These wonderful ladies are getting nothing but love from me

I would especially like to marry Mason & Nicki

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

View attachment 3076530
That was a nice story of how Mason's character came to be. And that first version of Viola's char. :)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I so want to make love to Mason
It's like I said once before
If I was the mc we wouldn't be leaving my apartment for days

And yes, everyone
The marathon sex session would include lots of cuddles & handholding

And so we don't starve to death I'll simply ask Nicki to bring us food every day

Last edited:

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
I so want to make love to Mason
It's like I said once before
If I was the mc we wouldn't be leaving my apartment for days

And yes, everyone
The marathon sex session would include lots of cuddles & handholding

And so we don't starve to death I'll simply ask Nicki to bring us food every day
The Joshy92 I know would never hold hands with anyone but Nicki. Who are you and how did you steal his account?

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well, I've got severe symptoms of Friends In Need Withdrawal Syndrome. I guess I'm going to start a new gameplay.

:D
Yea, I sometimes replay the game too
It's so good I kind of wish I didn't find the game until it was finished
Because I am always wanting more

It's one of the best games not just on this site
But that i have ever played
especially when it comes to the writing

Neonghosts has done a good job of making the characters feel like real people
It's impossible not to fall in love with these sweethearts

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yea, I sometimes replay the game too
It's so good I kind of wish I didn't find the game until it was finished
Because I am always wanting more

It's one of the best games not just on this site
But that i have ever played
especially when it comes to the writing

Neonghosts has done a good job of making the characters feel like real people
It's impossible not to fall in love with these sweethearts
I agree with most of this. Except for "wish I didn't find the game until it was finished". I'm not that addicted. When Neon said something about Gabby and Mason's path would be spread out over time(Which is as it should be. Not complaining.), I tempered myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I agree with most of this. Except for "wish I didn't find the game until it was finished". I'm not that addicted. When Neon said something about Gabby and Mason't path would be spread out over time(Which is as it should be. Not complaining.), I tempered myself.
Yeah, I sometimes get addicted to these games
Which makes the wait feel longer than it is

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
That's actually a pretty good way to describe the branching. It's interesting but also makes replays sort of confusing.
I'm not sure I would say confusing; just not straightforward :D

I think we're too used to really simple binary writing in VNs where more than two paths for any given LI, or maybe even more than two paths period, can feel overwhelming, especially if you're OCD about knowing the consequences for any given choice. Some people really, really hate replaying a game, which is understandable considering the average game, but I think that's why a lot of players look at a game like this as a puzzle to be figured out in order to get the most scenes/LIs rather than a game where you can just go with the flow, pick what you feel like, and see what happens. I had the same adjustment, though my OCD still gets the best of me sometimes :cautious:

• Red Heart
Reactions: allanl9020142

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I actually prefer games where you can't have everything in a single playthrough
If I wanted to see everything in one playthrough I would play kinetic games

But I absolutely love games like this that give us different options
And choices on how we interact with the girls

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes