PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
There's nothing more pathetic than a guy pretending to be a friend of a girl he's sexually interested in.
Pathetic? That's something every guy can identify with lol. I'd call it completely normal.

Personally, I'm not completely convinced the 1st chapter fully reflects Neon's goals for the character. Unless he changed them mid development, which is possible. 2nd chapter forward is honestly like night and day compared to chp 1. Unless that itself is intentional, I'm not sure. But the MC from what I've seen can be as normal and as nice as you want to make him, for the most part.

In the 1st chapter, I don't at all recall him being "cowardly, pathetic, and toxic". Those are far too strong words, I think, and kinda mean and unfair towards our Guy :( (unless ofc we're discussing the blackmail/grape routes, obviously). I'd say he's lacking in confidence, unsure of himself and his future, and perhaps deficient in experience and perspective. Money appears to have shored up those issues for him, or at least improved them greatly anyways. Not trying to gang up on your opinion btw.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Pathetic? That's something every guy can identify with lol. I'd call it completely normal.

Personally, I'm not completely convinced the 1st chapter fully reflects Neon's goals for the character. Unless he changed them mid development, which is possible. 2nd chapter forward is honestly like night and day compared to chp 1. Unless that itself is intentional, I'm not sure. But the MC from what I've seen can be as normal and as nice as you want to make him, for the most part.

In the 1st chapter, I don't at all recall him being "cowardly, pathetic, and toxic". Those are far too strong words, I think, and kinda mean and unfair towards our Guy :( (unless ofc we're discussing the blackmail/grape routes, obviously). I'd say he's lacking in confidence, unsure of himself and his future, and perhaps deficient in experience and perspective. Money appears to have shored up those issues for him, or at least improved them greatly anyways. Not trying to gang up on your opinion btw.
People need to remember that if the MC came off like that, it's because they made the choices for him to act that way.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Grown men can't be insecure around women?
Of course they can. But I’m not talking about just grown men, but about mature men. And not just about insecurity, but about the friend zone. And yes, there are different forms of extremes, but I'm talking about the most common things.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Wait the game is getting rebooted?
Only Chapter 1.

Ch1 art was commisioned and not done by Neon, you can easily tell it's quite different. Nicki's model is also different from the one in the following chapters. Ch1 was planned to be a stand-alone game, but has since evolved in a full and much bigger game.

Neon also complained a lot about having coded Ch1 wrong and many player choices weren't saved properly and that's biting him in the ass now.

He also plans of expanding the intro to show more important details and adding more paths for Nicki in Ch1 (like lending her the money without having sex with her) and different consequences in the following chapters depending on how you handled her.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I'm wondering if the remake of chapter 1 will change the MC's one sided love for Nicki. I'm thinking just showing that they're best friends and that he feels that her boyfriend doesn't treat her well is a good point to start their relationship for the story and it could also tie into him giving her the money without anything in return.

Reactions: Birdnman993

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I'm wondering if the remake of chapter 1 will change the MC's one sided love for Nicki. I'm thinking just showing that they're best friends and that he feels that her boyfriend doesn't treat her well is a good point to start their relationship for the story and it could also tie into him giving her the money without anything in return.
It's been talked about the dev making it to where we can get on her friend path in the rework, but not sure if that will happen. I can only hope.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Yes, Neon said the new intro will show better their friendship before MC becomes a millionaire.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I just cant wait for the rework so I can give her money with no strings attached since I wish I could of gave her the money without having sex with her as it makes her seem like a prostitute and that isnt something a real friend would do. Even if they do have a sexual desire for their friend.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I just cant wait for the rework so I can give her money with no strings attached since I wish I could of gave her the money without having sex with her as it makes her seem like a prostitute and that isnt something a real friend would do. Even if they do have a sexual desire for their friend.
willing to try this wholesome path to navigate how branching into love path is going foward. Also
if Nicki is going to Idolize Mc futher into Friends path, I loved how she feels inadequate of MC love after her mistakes, and would like to explore a submission esque Nicki without dark themes, just good misguided affection, Opening a cuckqueen scenario.
A man can dream right.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I will also be giving Nicki the money without sleeping with her in the chapter one reboot
I will do whatever I can to help her and make her happy

Reactions: Bombmaster

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Speaking of the rework I forgot is it planned to be the next update or the one after?
I try to avoid setting hard deadlines, because I invariably miss them. We'll get at least one more chapter before the end of the year, though, followed by the Chapter One rework. And I'm going to try to do another holiday special, with a limited number of renders.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes