Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I've only played the dark and corruption paths in this game, but in both of those you can pursue ALL the girls in the same playthrough. Are you saying that in the romance path the MC has to be monogamous, so you need a different playthrough with its own saves depending on which girl you are with?

That seems complicated for a game and too similar to real life.
If only there was a search function...which could answer something that's been asked a thousand times before....even perhaps as recent as a couple of days ago....ohhh...hmmmm....

I'll get back to you if I figure it out.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Are you saying that in the romance path the MC has to be monogamous, so you need a different playthrough with its own saves depending on which girl you are with?

I'm pretty sure the dev said at one point you will have to choice but some girls will have a throuple path I believe. Even if this game was a harem / all the girls were fine with you playing the field. Personally I would of still make a save for each girl at some point as personally I think this game would feel off if I didn't commit to only one girl at some point. but that's just me.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I've only played the dark and corruption paths in this game, but in both of those you can pursue ALL the girls in the same playthrough. Are you saying that in the romance path the MC has to be monogamous, so you need a different playthrough with its own saves depending on which girl you are with?

There will be poly paths that go to the end. Some of the girls will be more involved with each other, while one girl in particular has an attitude more like, "You're my boyfriend, and you're her boyfriend, but that doesn't mean she and I need to be girlfriends."

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I disagree with what you said about people wanting to change things in games, not this game specifically, but games in general. Some developers have subscription tiers where supporters pay more to have their ideas put into the game, as in they can actually request scenes or storylines and have those implemented. Others, such as Friends in Need, have tiers that allow supporters to participate in polls, which is a similar but more controlled concept. It seems very reasonable for a subscriber to expect their preference to happen if that was what the developer specified they would get for their money.
I am not talking about supporters on patreon, I'm talking about people doing it here, and let's be honest, even if those trying to pressure devs here, claim to be supporters, doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
When a dev offers polls about decisions in their game, they should hold to that, at least as long as they don't realize it would ruin the planned story completely. You've got to let anyone working creatively an option to say, "I'm sorry, I thought this would work, but it really doesn't."
Besides, it's not even about giving your opinion and wishing for something different I have a problem with, I give constructive criticism all the time, no, it's people demanding significant changes in a game, because they just don't like part of what is offered.
Frankly, that is a ridiculous idea. Don't like something, just don't fucking play it.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Don't let Mason hear you say this DS! You will hurt his feelings. :(

:LUL:
That's actually something I found a little bit of a dilemma, I'm not interested in guys, trans or not, and I would have wanted to address Mason as a girl, but it just felt so mean. I couldn't do it.
Even though his disappointment isn't even that extreme, it was like hitting a mistreated puppy which comes to you for protection.
What a wiener I can be. :)

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
You know me, bro. I talk that ignore shit, but I never do it. I just wasn't expecting it this early in the morning. I guess I need to get used to it.
I did it shit makes me sick. I empathize too much, don't even go on killing sprees in GTA. Here the girls have too much "realism" to even stomach reading the horrors on the dark path.

Reactions: Dark Silence

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
It's always astonishing to me, how many people here are intolerant of other people's kinks and interests.
Personally, I normally like to play the good guy, and thus I am a complete softie in this game to all the ladies, but even if I don't understand how you could ever try to attack Viola (except to just check how the scene would play out) and continue the story on that path, if someone wants to play the dark path, let them.

Even if you personally have a problem with certain content, others just enjoying it, doesn't hurt you.
IMO, playing something in a game has nothing to do with reality, except as a fantasy, and for some people it might even be a way to relieve a bit of pressure.

I mean, obviously we live in a time when even just saying something that others find offensive can get you into trouble, but intolerance and kink-shaming here always seems like the weirdest shit, considering all except the guys who only like single LI vanilla romance have their own diverging interests.

BUT OF COURSE, EVERYONE WHO CAN HURT MASON OR VIOLA OR ANY OF THE OTHER SWEET GIRLS IN Friends in Need IS A PSYCHOPATHIC MONSTER!!! :)
just kidding

Edited to add: This isn't a response to Dark Silence at all, I got that he wasn't serious.
It's not an intolerance of them having the kink, it's reading what they post makes me physically distraught. They can carry on posting, but I'll be ignoring it, just like I do all the fucking gore subs that are still on r/all post reddit's titty purge.

Last edited:

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
It's not an intolerance of them having the kink, it's reading what they post makes me physically distraught. They can carry on posting, but I'll be ignoring it, just like I do Ll the fucking gore subs that are still on r/all post reddit's titty purge.
I get you, I feel the same way reading the romantic stuff people post from 'good' paths. It kinda ruins the fantasy.

Of course, as a mod, can't really put em on ignore :p

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I get you, I feel the same way reading the romantic stuff people post from 'good' paths. It kinda ruins the fantasy.

As a romance preferred player, people can be pretty cringy with what they post, second hand embarrassment is a thing I have to deal with as well. The calls there are coming from inside the house though, and at least second hand embarrassment isn't as physically disruptive as the dark path stuff is, for me. My condolences though on your burden.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I only caught the beginning of the kerfuffle last night, but I was too tired to respond. I'll just say this: nobody owes me their support or attention. I have no hard feelings if anyone ever needs to dip out, for whatever reason. There are certain movies I don't watch. I can't handle anything with a dog dying, for instance. And I have a thing about gory injuries, due to *~* trauma. *~* I say it every week in my blog posts, but take care of yourself.

As for Viola? She's fine, she's at a ren faire, living her best life.

Vi Best Life.png

"You see sword? Is so sweet!"

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I only caught the beginning of the kerfuffle last night, but I was too tired to respond. I'll just say this: nobody owes me their support or attention. I have no hard feelings if anyone ever needs to dip out, for whatever reason. There are certain movies I don't watch. I can't handle anything with a dog dying, for instance. And I have a thing about gory injuries, due to *~* trauma. *~* I say it every week in my blog posts, but take care of yourself.

As for Viola? She's fine, she's at a ren faire, living her best life.

View attachment 3152598

"You see sword? Is so sweet!"
I love the render of her giving me a skyrim vibe expecting her to yell fuz ro doh at any moment. If I saw her as a character someone made in Skyrim id spend the next 2 weeks modding it just to play as her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Not at all. I only like 2 girls and I like keeping them on seperate saves.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016

Well, I as a regular user can't put mods on ignore (and believe me, I checked), so that's a bit of poetic justice. :)

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
just fyi, I got really high yesterday and I don't fully remember what I posted that got deleted, but apparently there was some thread argument or something that happened? I guess it was political. Anyways, hope I didn't start anything... and I hope what I said wasn't offensive... if it sounded really bad or in poor taste or something, I can promise I didn't mean it the way it sounded... I was just really out of my brain :censored: I had diarrhea of the mouth, constipation of the brain as a child and young teen, and when I get high or drunk enough, it comes back with a vengeance and I have to backpeddle my poorly thought statements. If it had nothing to do with me, then what a relief :oops: But if it did, sorry guys :cry:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
just fyi, I got really high yesterday and I don't fully remember what I posted that got deleted, but apparently there was some thread argument or something that happened? I guess it was political. Anyways, hope I didn't start anything... and I hope what I said wasn't offensive... if it sounded really bad or in poor taste or something, I can promise I didn't mean it the way it sounded... I was just really out of my brain :censored: I had diarrhea of the mouth, constipation of the brain as a child and young teen, and when I get high or drunk enough, it comes back with a vengeance and I have to backpeddle my poorly thought statements. If it had nothing to do with me, then what a relief :oops: But if it did, sorry guys :cry:
Well you did cause me to go on an off-topic rant on my Discord (but in agreement with you) so I'd say no harm done. Besides my poor patrons having to mute me while I gnashed my teeth. :D

FYI: Current build is right around 450 images total. I'm aiming for 800 images for a Christmas release, but may fall a little short. I'm definitely going to end up bifurcating this release, because I just won't get it all done in time. I thiiiink I'll be able to get all the scenes done for Ashe, Nicki, Risa, Carolina, Alex, and Brittani. But, that still leaves Mason and Gabby's to complete to actually finish the chapter.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes