Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I wonder what Alex's story will be?
What will be her problem that we can help her with?

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
View attachment 3159962

General FYI: Added 43 renders today. I still need to finish Nicki's opening scene, and then two small 'bridge' scenes -- one that's needed if you left Ashe asleep in your condo, and another featuring Risa.

If I can get those done over the next few days, I'll have everything completed for the first 1/3 of the game. Then it's onto some stuff featuring Risa and Alex. I'm hoping I get through all of Alex's content in time for Christmas, but I'm planning to get through all of Risa's. Anything after that is just a bonus.

Current build is just over 500 images, and I'm still aiming for 800 for the Christmas Day release.
With this upcoming episode have a decent amount of Gabby content? Cause we haven't seen much of her in the last few updates.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
That's why it's often an advantage not to be a native speaker, then you don't really notice the worst failures.
Yep. I remembered really enjoying this fanfic a long time back, then I decided to re-read it some months ago. My opinion went from "This some gud shit" to:

Reactions: GokutheG

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Honestly I wish I could see all of that in writing / dialogue. Sometimes I do get jealous of people that can see the small details like that in things that are well written or are able just to see writing being bad or good and be critical about it. As it does feel weird at times of having the inability to judge writing like that it's something i'm not able to really do.

For me I think it honestly comes down more to my personality as when it comes to things I do for entertainment I have more of a carefree personality so I find it much easier to enjoy things probably more than alot of people. I even enjoy things some would consider bad. That and well I didn't read many books throughout my life just played video games. Still not to old to try to change that but I do think my personality when it comes to entertainment will get in the way of me noticing those things still.

I will say this tho when I last played Friends in Need , the game did feel like it was better than your average AVN out there. So much so that it quickly became one of my top 10 favorites even if it's not a top 10 AVN for me. Might be because of the good wiring and dialogue like you said never was able to figure out why I loved this game so much other than being too attached to Nicki as a character.
Well, I definitely also struggle when it comes to pinning down what a problem is with a work because I really don't have a deep understanding of writing or film, just a greater understanding than I did in my youth; I basically just piggyback on what people who know more than I do say (I don't just blindly agree with them or anything to clarify, but experts are inevitably convincing). But, I do definitely feel when there's a problem. I think everyone at least has that, as you do with this game :)

While I think that tastes are obviously heavily subjective, I still do think that there are aspects of writing that are completely objective; i.e., it's possible to write something that, no matter what people say or how big of a fan they are, will not grip most people's interest in any meaningful way; and then of course it goes the reverse as well. It can amount to a lot of seemingly minor subtle things all adding up to an important whole that a layman will probably struggle to explain in detail, or it can be some major big-picture things that most people will notice and comment on.

Either way, it's really not a big deal :) You like what you like and there shouldn't be any shame or regret about that. I know a guy whose range of film he appreciates goes from the Star Wars prequels all the way to The Lighthouse, and he enjoys both of them, which I personally find odd and baffling haha. My gut would think it's one or the other, but nope. Sometimes I wonder if it does actually come down to personality; some people just seem less critical and more easy-going and easy to please. Maybe that's you :D

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
View attachment 3159962

General FYI: Added 43 renders today. I still need to finish Nicki's opening scene, and then two small 'bridge' scenes -- one that's needed if you left Ashe asleep in your condo, and another featuring Risa.

If I can get those done over the next few days, I'll have everything completed for the first 1/3 of the game. Then it's onto some stuff featuring Risa and Alex. I'm hoping I get through all of Alex's content in time for Christmas, but I'm planning to get through all of Risa's. Anything after that is just a bonus.

Current build is just over 500 images, and I'm still aiming for 800 for the Christmas Day release.
dude, please dont burn out yourself. :-*

RainbowRobo

May 9, 2023
I'm starting to judge other games against this one
And when comparing them I find myself dissapointed in the other games most of the time

This game has so many good things about it
Lots of branching and meanigful choices
Beautiful LI
We mostly get to shape our version of guy how we want him

There are plenty of other good things but those are the most important things in an AVN imo

I'll flat out admit this is one of the three games I do compare others to. If I could afford to support all three I would. The meaningful choices here is the gold example. I don't know of many games that have such narrative weight on how you interact across the story.
I'm not so much about graphics, but this one does look good. Great even. But it is entirely the writing and the way choice shakes out.
It's funny, all three games are about the characterization more than anything, the writing of the dialogue mixed with the reactivity of the characters in response. Neon Ghosts could teach a class on that. Maybe should, after finishing this game, of course. Heh

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
dude, please dont burn out yourself. :-*
No worries! This is pretty typical for my dev cycle. The first two months are mostly writing, setting up scenes, etc. followed by a month of casual rendering, and then one of frantic work.

That said, I am planning to take a month or two off, following the reboot of Chapter One. That's a little ways out still, but at that time I'd like to pause my Patreon/SubStar, and take some time to myself. Between the day job, game development, and managing the social media component of FiN, I do get a bit fatigued. :'D Plus, I'd like some time to work on comics, and my prose novel.

It's funny, all three games are about the characterization more than anything, the writing of the dialogue mixed with the reactivity of the characters in response. Neon Ghosts could teach a class on that. Maybe should, after finishing this game, of course. Heh
That's terribly kind, thank you. I'm always very flattered when people connect with the writing and characterization.

With this upcoming episode have a decent amount of Gabby content? Cause we haven't seen much of her in the last few updates.
So, the original plan for this update was basically to end with a non-sexual Gabby scene. As was set up previously, MC needs to go bail her dad out of jail. So, the sequence of events was basically going to be..
  • One of several possible openings, with Nicki, Ashe, Risa/Carolina, or MC alone.
  • A Brittani scene.
  • An extended Risa scene.
  • An Alex scene.
  • A Mason scene.
  • Gabby's scene.
And of course there's several smaller scenes of MC dealing with this or that. Unfortunately, I underestimated exactly how much work it'd be to do those opening scenes. As a result, I'm over 500 renders in, and haven't even gotten to Risa's stuff yet.

Soooo.. I'm working towards the goal of getting through everything but Mason and Gabby's scene, and doing another Part One/Part Two release. As a result, Part One will likely be 800+ renders, and Part Two will likely be around 350+. I'd rather hold off and do everything at once, but I don't like the idea of waiting too long between updates. So, Part One on the 25th, and Part Two for late January - mid February?

But, I miss Gabby, and I think her first set of big scenes will be worth the wait. :3

Gabby1.png

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
I'm glad NeonGhosts is taking some time off once the chapter one rework is out
He is one of my favourite devs I don't want to see him get burnt out
Agreed. This is a rare gem of a game that the choices really effect the outcome in vastly different ways. I'm one who always goes for the good side of things and I love the story picking the kind options. and yes I like Nicki.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
lol the last week or 3 I been wanting to replay this especially reading how much you guys like the choices in this one. But then I recall the next update isnt to long off.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
lol the last week or 3 I been wanting to replay this especially reading how much you guys like the choices in this one. But then I recall the next update isnt to long off.
I would probably wait for the next update
It's going to be out soon

Rorikon215

Dec 18, 2021
In all seriousness I'm fine with NG taking a break and all, but there's one very important character we still haven't met and I've been waiting what seems like years now. You guys complaining about wanting more Gabby or Brittani have at least something already. It's not fair.

So can we have a scene where we drag that little sister into an alley or at least give her a bare bottomed spanking in front of her hot Asian girlfriend for acting like a brat? You can't go on hiatus without us having *some* Cassie content!

Or for normal people a scene where they reconcile and drink tea or whatever. Then Guy gifts her the swimsuit we bought ages ago, but doesn't want to see her wearing it because nice Guy isn't into seeing his sister like that. That's probably what the non-dark path people want.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes