albul

Jun 8, 2017
What does this update even have? I loaded my past game and it went immediately to the chapter end screen.
Happened to me as well, then noticed that the game version I had downloaded was 0.4, and it's supposed to be 0.55. Looks like all the links from the DOWNLOAD section in the OP are 0.4, not 0.55. Don't know why.

Reactions: FloridaNed

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
I'll admit, I'm a little flummoxed nobody seemed very excited by the totally free 'teaser' version I made, available on both Patreon and SubStar, that contained almost half the total images of the update. SHRUG!

Anyways, the $5 version out on Monday will have an extra couple of small scenes, and the public version on the 7th will have a bit more. A couple of small art improvements too, but nothing that's overly noticeable.
Most people play dozens of games and only come back to games when updates are released. I doubt people understand your whole split of releases and platforms. Just confusion.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
what is so "dark" about the non "vanilla" route that it has to be played in another route?
Because based on the tags the only dark thing that comes in mind is rape
Ignoring the rape, There's the implied pedo stuff, the banging a transexual and forcing them to be whatever gender that guy wants, forcing the Russian chick to degrade herself for money, etc.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Yeah and she also did not score braniac points for then going back to that asshole who just pimped her and paid a way too high price for that. Though in a way her not again running to MC and trying to solve her shit (if not at the right time, she realy did need help at that time) and her at least feeling bad about it, makes me feel there is hope for her in future. Just needs to learn to make a bit better decisions and improve taste in men. :)

Fully gets if MC sees enough in her to want to get her either back on her feet or enslave her in a sick way to keep her save. Def not all bad in her, but hey we need drama for the game and if Nicki had chosen MC before he had gotten his millions as MC was setup , the story would have been very short. Kudos to dev actually that he managed to make her lovable enough instead of just bad or complete victim.
She strikes me as a survivor. She did what she had to do. He wrecked her self-worth to the point that it got to when she offered herself to Guy, and she's building herself up. I like that she's a capable assistant. I even get that she probably degrades herself because she feels like she deserves it for the shit that she did with her ex.

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
I'll admit, I'm a little flummoxed nobody seemed very excited by the totally free 'teaser' version I made, available on both Patreon and SubStar, that contained almost half the total images of the update. SHRUG!

Anyways, the $5 version out on Monday will have an extra couple of small scenes, and the public version on the 7th will have a bit more. A couple of small art improvements too, but nothing that's overly noticeable.
sorry, didnt mean to sound ungrateful for an early release, i just didnt want to have to play it multiple times, and i definitely want to play as much content as possible, so im ok waiting till the 7th. thanks for clearing it up. great game by the way. id subscribe if i could, but do to a disability i work 12-18 hours a week at a min wadge job, so it doesnt really leave much for things like this unfortunately.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She strikes me as a survivor. She did what she had to do. He wrecked her self-worth to the point that it got to when she offered herself to Guy, and she's building herself up. I like that she's a capable assistant. I even get that she probably degrades herself because she feels like she deserves it for the shit that she did with her ex.
Yeah we are saying the same thing in different ways I suspect, not disagreeing as such. :p She allowed him to wreck her self worth though, she is not 15 yo and had other options as dating him or staying with him even if discard MC, while first scene we saw him it was already clear he was an asshole by the way he treated others. Like said she def needs a better taste in men. I suspect that will be her good route. her getting back on her feet and having learned some lessons and protecting herself and self worth better, or that is what I hope. There is enough to like about Nicki.

Last edited:
Reactions: MilesEdgeworth

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Happened to me as well, then noticed that the game version I had downloaded was 0.4, and it's supposed to be 0.55. Looks like all the links from the DOWNLOAD section in the OP are 0.4, not 0.55. Don't know why.
The game exists on 2 separate tracks, a sanitized Patreon friendly 'Friends Indeed' that has most of the taboo content excised from it. Then there is the Subscribestar friendly Director's Cut 'Friends In Need' that is the full-fat experience with all of the content as the dev originally intended.

Now, this is a recent development, and the OP desperately needs some additional text to explain this to anyone else who doesn't bother with following the thread here to see the developer scuttlebutt.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Yeah we are saying the same thing in different ways I suspect, not disagreeing as such. :p She allowed him to wreck her self worth though, she is not 15 yo and had other options as dating him, while first scene we saw him it was already clear he was an asshole by the way he treated others. Like said she def needs a better taste in men. I suspect that will be her good route. her getting back on her feet and having learned some lessons and protecting herself and self worth better, or that is what I hope. There is enough to like about Nicki.
Apologies, I wasn't being clear, I was agreeing with you.
But yea her choices are comically bad all throughout the game. Probably among the worst I've seen among any LIs in this type of game.
There's even a part of me that wants to see her eventually stand up to evil Guy.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yes, it's a joke and I know it, but it becomes real at the point where you hate a character and want to delete the whole game. That's the point that makes you feel at least a little good before you delete the whole fucking thing. Now it's you who's missing the fucking point.
says more about you not being able to handle fictional characters. I've never came close to deleting any game or dropping any tv show because I found someone annoying , If there is other redeeming qualities to said game or tv show.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The ONLY thing that pisses me off about Nikki is that she will disappear if you keep degrading, using and abusing her. I thought this vn was for fantasy and wish fulfilment not morals and consequences.

Looking forward to when the good version gets here. Disappointed it popped up for the lite version. Don't mind the wait just was excited to play.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes