mikoko67

Jan 26, 2021
Same, tbh :’D

I'll be honest, though. I think most Daz animations suck, to be blunt about it. They always look stiff and lifeless, and I think they're commonly done in a way that's less in service to the story, and more to avoid making a compelling sex scene. Just my opinion, but when I finally get to a sex scene in an AVN, and then my 'reward' is a single stiff animation of a girl's butt while our hero thrusts in and out of her, until we choose where to come, well.. *sad trombone sounds*
100% agree. Don't do animations :)

Sep 3, 2020
Same, tbh :’D

I'll be honest, though. I think most Daz animations suck, to be blunt about it. They always look stiff and lifeless, and I think they're commonly done in a way that's less in service to the story, and more to avoid making a compelling sex scene. Just my opinion, but when I finally get to a sex scene in an AVN, and then my 'reward' is a single stiff animation of a girl's butt while our hero thrusts in and out of her, until we choose where to come, well.. *sad trombone sounds*

I've animated things in 2D, using both Procreate and the pixel art generator Asprite. So, what I'd like to do is try to use Daz assets as part of a 2D animation process, using a lot of squash and stretch. Basically rendering a figure independent of the background, and then doing something like artist does. To me, their stuff looks way more lively than 90% of the Daz animations I've seen.

I actually called that door out as a problem on my Discord, too. :'D

The fact is, 90% of the condo is a single object, with limited customization available. I can't shrink the doors without shrinking the whole set. So, I normally just frame the image in such a way that it's not so obvious, but this time I.. Didn't. But, it's been a visible problem, before. View attachment 3240776
I'll likely just have Guy make a joke about it in the redone Chapter One, when we see him move in.

Guy: "Nice place, but what's up with the doors?"

Carolina: "Well, the builders were Dutch. They're a very tall people."

Guy: ".. not sure if you're fucking with me or not."

Carolina: "Mm, I do get that a lot.."
okay brother I'm going to ask you something and please don't judge me but please tell me she's a love interest

and before you say anything I like them tough and a little Mean

I can fix her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
okay brother I'm going to ask you something and please don't judge me but please tell me she's a love interest

I can fix her
I don't think an actual LI (all those have been revealed already)...but action with her? Would be very surprised if not.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

I can fix her
I haven't played through the last couple updates, waitin on Gabby and Mason updates. But I've read what people have said and I can fix her also and that would include puttin her over my knee and spankin the shit outta her.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Great update. Guy was doing some nice detective work out there. Also it ends on a interesting cliffhanger. :cool:

Will try to make a more detailed post later. (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Following the instructions from badmustard on how to add the abililty to name your saves :

i edited the \game\screens.rpy and added the required images folder for the icons so it's possible to give a name to your saves, can be usefull when you're on a lot of playthroughs with each very different routes, as it can be hard to remember which save is which when you have so many

I suggest you to backup first the file screens.rpy that is found in your ... \FriendInNeed\game\ in case you want to go back to not having the ability to name your save.

Download :

Just open the downloaded "SaveNaming-FriendInNeed.zip" archive , take the "game" folder from it and drop it in your ...\FriendInNeed\ directory, accept replacement of file of the same name (the screens.rpy in that case)

Make sure to enable the new "Save game names" option in the Preferences so next time you'll save you'll be asked to give it a name.
01.jpg 02.jpg
To remove that option and lose the ability to name save, you'll have to replace the ...\FriendInNeed\game\screens.rpy by the original one that you'll have backed up previously.

Note : no idea if it is compatible with any WT mod you may have installed on your FriendInNeed as i don't use any.
Note 2 : There's no problem with using the "taboo" patch or not.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
When it comes to animations I have a mixed opinion. I'm so used to animations it does feel weird when I do play a game that doesn't have them cause im so used to seeing them. When it comes to the animation it's self I don't mind if it's bad but as long as it's an animation and I can see effort was made even if it's a bad stock Daz3D one. Now when the animation just feels like a poorly looped image that's when it feels like should of been left for more still renders.

With that being said while yes I wish there was some but I don't mind not seeing them either as animations only make up of a small part of any AVN for me and it's all about the story, characters and relationship building that makes a game good or bad.

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Just played the update.

Sure, it's light on sexual content, but I really like the direction Britt's plotline is heading to.

Like I said previously ITT, Gabby + Mom could have a lot of potential, if it wasn't for the fact I find Gabby's model unattractive. Britt + Mom could fill that gap for me, and in an even better way. Please don't disappoint me NeonGhosts

Apr 27, 2023
Hello! I am a bit confused, could you help me please?

I just downloaded the Ep8 here a day or two ago, and it said "Vanilla version" in the page here. So, as I had some darker path active before in Ep5 full, I presume that's why I got black screens in a number of scenes when I started Ep8 (I loaded an Ep5 save a bit before its finish and continued from that). And the Ep8 content seemed reasonably vanilla indeed.

Now it looks like the notice vanilla is moved to v.055 down, and the main DOWNLOAD version is unmarked with anything except version 0.57.

Is it now Ep8 full, or am I mixing something up?

And if Ep8 is still vanilla, is there a full version on Substar?

TIA.

Gatorbeef333

Sep 7, 2022
Well here it is, a gallery mod to replay scenes in the game

Compatible with: Friends in Need
Game version: 0.4
Mod version: 0.4.1

Installation: place all files into the game folder and overwrite

Can you update this plz

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I just downloaded the Ep8 here a day or two ago, and it said "Vanilla version" in the page here. So, as I had some darker path active before in Ep5 full, I presume that's why I got black screens in a number of scenes when I started Ep8 (I loaded an Ep5 save a bit before its finish and continued from that). And the Ep8 content seemed reasonably vanilla indeed.

Now it looks like the notice vanilla is moved to v.055 down, and the main DOWNLOAD version is unmarked with anything except version 0.57.

TIA.
Vanilla version is from patreon.

It seems mods already updated this thread with the public version from Subscribestar, so you could download it from here (they usually already put the taboo patch inside). ;)

Reactions: santiago_campanella

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

TIA.
I downloaded 0.57 off his subscribestar since it went public release then applied the patch from here haven't played the new content but seems to work.

Reactions: santiago_campanella
4.50 star(s) 193 Votes