Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
Realistic =/= likable and/or tolerable. That said, Nicki is pretty interesting, and I hope Neon will cook better with her remake.
That's very true, but there's also a difference between unlikable and outright hating a character. But, it's a good point and I can't disagree with it.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Personally i can't fathom why are people hating/disliking her so much. Yeah she made bad mistakes that deserve criticism, but we all make mistakes, especially if situation is something you can't really handle at the moment mentally. With her the situation was quite bad, partly due to the emotional abuse her partner gave to her, partly because the whole loanshark thing that threatened her and partly because the immediate situation changed with her best friend MC quitting the job. So she lost the one breather moment she had for the situation she was in, when she came to MC, semi-forced by her partner. It can easily overwhelm someone that is not of the strongest mental health at the moment.

Edit. I'm not saying you need to pick her up as LI, but considering MC's history with her, he would not most likely abandon her as a friend. And to be honest, neither would i abandon her as a friend, sure i might not be interested romantically anymore, but i would still support her as a friend.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Honestly I have a lot of understanding for Nicki and why she ghosted us for what was it 3 or 6 months and the reasons why. The scene when she comes back and explains everything to us is my favorite scene in the game right now.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Personally i can't fathom why are people hating/disliking her so much. Yeah she made bad mistakes that deserve criticism, but we all make mistakes, especially if situation is something you can't really handle at the moment mentally. With her the situation was quite bad, partly due to the emotional abuse her partner gave to her, partly because the whole loanshark thing that threatened her and partly because the immediate situation changed with her best friend MC quitting the job. So she lost the one breather moment she had for the situation she was in, when she came to MC, semi-forced by her partner. It can easily overwhelm someone that is not of the strongest mental health at the moment.
Wasn't sure about picking up this game after stalking Maviarab, but if it elicits this type of discussion, then it might be a game for me.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i hated Nicki at first too, but after hearing about all the shit she went through cause of that fuckface Brent, i decided to forgive her and give her a proper example of a good boyfriend. since Guy was madly in love with her anyway, just makes sense to me..

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
i hated Nicki at first too, but after hearing about all the shit she went through cause of that fuckface Brent, i decided to forgive her and give her a proper example of a good boyfriend. since Guy was madly in love with her anyway, just makes sense to me..
...that fuckface Brent, who she repeatedly chooses to be with lol...

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
...that fuckface Brent, who she repeatedly chooses to be with lol...
Just started the game. Nicki isn't behaving like a friend, at all. When Brent insults the MC, she doesn't stand up for him or anything. Now she has invited herself over to the MC's place, which seemed more out of curiosity rather than caring for him. Then she shows up at the door all dressed up, which feels manipulative to me.

Also, nitpick time. Dev, please, show, don't tell.
1708233207104.png
Nicki isn't laughing in the image or side-image.

Reactions: hoshimota

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Just started the game. Nicki isn't behaving like a friend, at all. When Brent insults the MC, she doesn't stand up for him or anything. Now she has invited herself over to the MC's place, which seemed more out of curiosity rather than caring for him. Then she shows up at the door all dressed up, which feels manipulative to me.

Also, nitpick time. Dev, please, show, don't tell.

Nicki isn't laughing in the image or side-image.
Yeah it's either you sympathize with her explanation or you don't I think if you like her or don't. I fall into the camp of I do cause I can understand where she is coming from and honestly I feel bad for her and believe and trust her even if it's alot of bad decisions. Her explanation is my favorite scene in the game.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Nikki works my last nerve, but the more she proves herself a competent assistant the more my anger towards her dwindles.
Honestly she probably just makes a ton of bad decisions

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm a tad surprised at all the Nicki hate as, honestly speaking, she's one of the most realistic characters I've seen in a VN or game in a while. People underestimate what lack of experience and a trusting nature can land you in aswell as the unwillingness to let go of consistency, even if that consistency is something bad (i.e dipshit boyfriend she had). Plus, humans are prideful in general and a lot of people have a hard time taking handouts if they've already been helped a lot. As someone who's been in the shitter back in the day, I've seen almost identical stories take place in real life with "friends" I've had.

Overall though, I thoroughly enjoy the story and I like that it gives an option to go full grim-dark, even though it's not my thing. I also just really like Gabby, she a cutie.
Renders are also good, writing is solid and has good pacing.
I agree completely.
The writing in this is some of my favourite in any game on here.

And Nicki is such a sweet & lovable woman.
I really want to protect her.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
even if it's alot of bad decisions.
she probably just makes a ton of bad decisions
Oh, that much has been clear to me already, and I've only just finished chapter 1.

Some notes I made:
"So what if she was stuck in a crappy job she was way too smart for?"
Why is she stuck? Why can't she find another job, or attend evening classes?
"So what if her boyfriend was a jackass?"
Then she could break up with him and stand on her own two feet?
Being complacent isn't the same as being optimistic. An optimist will take risks, trusting in a positive outcome. She has agency, a bad job or bad boyfriend isn't a hand that life dealt her. Every day she actively chooses to stay in her situation.

That said, making bad choices seems to be theme in this game. :ROFLMAO:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I just fucked her in the ass. Nobody comes into my home to disrespect me like that. She came under false pretenses, the friendship was over as soon as she agreed with Brent's idea to doll herself up to prey on the MC's feelings for her.
Dude.

Safe sex lesson 1, by Dr Ottoeight:

- never have anal sex without a condom. Do I need to explain that most likely she didn't have an anal douche before she went over to your place?

• Haha
Reactions: 7_lJzWy3XxoEyow7
4.50 star(s) 194 Votes