Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I can understand people thinking Ashe is dumb. I thought she was dumb as a box of rocks until I read these posts. Why? Because she acts fucking braindead at first, and I have not made any effort to pursue her because she is not my type. It's just my personal taste, she is too big/curvy/whatever in my opinion and I don't think her face is pretty, plus I don't like her dialogue/personality/etc. She also comes off as a whore as others have said, she just blatantly agrees to do home with the MC and fucks him like it's nothing - overall she reminds me a shitload of strippers I've known IRL.

I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE ASHE, MORE POWER TO YOU - I AM NOT SAYING THIS TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS SO RELAX LOL.

I am just saying, there are likely some non-zero number of players out there who haven't gotten to the later dialogue with her that apparently makes her sound less braindead.
I know none of this will change your mind or anything and im not trying to. But Ashe was one of those characters i couldn't appreciate how good her character was until my second play of the game. That's when I started to like Ashe alot before I was uncertain how I ranked her cause I wasn't into her either. Tho I will say I dont really play any LI path for their looks or kinks cause I don't care about lewds. I'm more into getting to them and their characters more than anything else. Which yes I know not many people are like that when it comes to AVN's. Just wanted to share my perspective.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I hope we can meet Mason's dad in the future.
I know he is a bit of an arsehole but I would still like him to approve of my relationship with Mason.

And I think it would help Mason if he was supportive as well.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Just out of interest, how did you make the determination that Ashe is dumb as rock, considering she is educated woman with degree, doing job where you do have to have functioning brain?
Like Dessolos said, my first impression of her after meeting her at the bar. The ditsiness, the like-speak. At first, I thought she was more of a wall-flower and clumsy in social interactions, but seeing that part of her job is public speaking, that wasn't the case.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Like Dessolos said, my first impression of her after meeting her at the bar. The ditsiness, the like-speak. At first, I thought she was more of a wall-flower and clumsy in social interactions, but seeing that part of her job is public speaking, that wasn't the case.
I'm not attracted to blondes and so when I saw her, I was all "No thanks." then when she opened her mouth, whether or not she has brains or not, I noped out of there.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
You'll never get an appreciation for Ashe's intelligence until you corrupt her and she doesn't give a shit about impressing you anymore.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
Wow, I'm impressed that seemingly every potential LI is hated and the MC is hated. Makes you wonder why people even post in here.

However, on topic, it seems like a lot of people just base the entire judgement instantly on the first introduction of a character. People say that Ashe is fucking stupid for following MC, disregarding the fact that she was openly engaging with him at a charity event in front of a LOT of other people, meaning that if something happened to her then people would INSTANTLY know who did it. MC isn't "fuck off" rich either, so he's in a lot more shit than people would fathom if any of the dark path shit he does happened in real life. He's a philanthropist that only makes smaller investments and dislikes/isn't buddy-buddy with the people with REAL fuck off money and connections, so he can't get away with shit.

Moreover, Ashe might be a bit naive at times but she's a lot smarter than people gauge her for and it's literally incredibly easy to spot through the later dialogues. Like come on, she isn't my cup of tea and I friendzoned the shit out of her, but demonizing a character because you don't like her or how she initially came off is fucking mindblowing.
It's a game. I'm not even defending her way of speech or how she comes off, I'm just questioning how you the player just goes head-in-sand and only read what you want to read out of her dialogue.

Though I will say, just more evidence that the characters really are well-written in this game.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Wow, I'm impressed that seemingly every potential LI is hated and the MC is hated. Makes you wonder why people even post in here.

However, on topic, it seems like a lot of people just base the entire judgement instantly on the first introduction of a character. People say that Ashe is fucking stupid for following MC, disregarding the fact that she was openly engaging with him at a charity event in front of a LOT of other people, meaning that if something happened to her then people would INSTANTLY know who did it. MC isn't "fuck off" rich either, so he's in a lot more shit than people would fathom if any of the dark path shit he does happened in real life. He's a philanthropist that only makes smaller investments and dislikes/isn't buddy-buddy with the people with REAL fuck off money and connections, so he can't get away with shit.

Moreover, Ashe might be a bit naive at times but she's a lot smarter than people gauge her for and it's literally incredibly easy to spot through the later dialogues. Like come on, she isn't my cup of tea and I friendzoned the shit out of her, but demonizing a character because you don't like her or how she initially came off is fucking mindblowing.
It's a game. I'm not even defending her way of speech or how she comes off, I'm just questioning how you the player just goes head-in-sand and only read what you want to read out of her dialogue.

Though I will say, just more evidence that the characters really are well-written in this game.
I don't hate any of the LIs. I just have my preferences.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Certainly, I wasn't talking specifically about you nor anyone else who dislikes certain LI's, more the ones who are rageposting like rabid.
Oh I can rage post with the best of them. :ROFLMAO: I know some of my posts make it seem like I don't like most of the girls, but it's just how I talk. I like all of them except one and apparently this last update, well, if you played it, you know what happened and who it is. I haven't played in awhile, been waitin on Gabby and Mason's updates to play again. But I have to reassess how interact with Risa later. But am leanin towards puttin her on the dark path. I'm not a fan of that path. Not judgin people who like it, it's just not for me.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
On the arguments regarding ashes intelligence, someone can be well educated but still be very stupid, all a degree proves is you probably have debt and can play by the rules. Intelligence is a dynamic thing that everybody has but is seldom consistent in how it manifest itself or is utilized.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
So uh.. not sure if you've played through the game, but she explains that.
If you continue her path? The way I saw it, first impressions matter, and Guy has not enough time in a day already.

she is too big/curvy/whateve
ngl, this played a role in me avoiding her as well.

Yes it does. I'm old school. Sex shouldn't be taken as lightly as a handshake. It's also pretty foolish with all the sickos out there nowadays, she goes back to a guy's place after spending what like maybe an hour with him? That's pretty fucking dumb. You're playing the date rape / serial killer gambling game pretty fucking loose at that point.

And from a 'selecting a long-term relationship partner' perspective, I am firmly in the camp of, tigers don't change their stripes - a chick that fucks dudes that readily will not stop doing so. At some point you will have a big fight and she will go out and boink some random dude, if you don't think this happens that's your own naivete.
I would go as far as calling her promiscuos, not a whore. AFAIK she never asked for money, unlike Nicki.
That said, I mostly agree with you. One-night-stand LI are things I try to avoid, and if their character don't speak to me, I'll leave them be (if the game lets me). I can also imagine that from Ashe's perspective, getting to sleep with a rich guy is an opportunity. Mind you, I'm not calling her a gold digger, just stating fact that associating with Guy could open doors for her. It doesn't necessarily mean she's DTF with any guy she talks to for an hour.

First you shame girls who fuck on first dates, now you shame a dude, because he fucks a lot? I think you're on the wrong site, buddy. I think you're lookin for the christian broadcastin network.
At least he's consistent! :ROFLMAO:
He isn't wrong either, though. In a harem game I expect the LI to be monogamous to me. That is a double standard, albeit a fun one.

Aaaand there goes another award for one of the ugliest sex scene shots ever. Crippled male feet , the asshole and ass crack of the MC and his balls right in your face, while the lady is in the background, barely visible in the dark.
I agree! That ass needs a lot more hair, and there isn't even a wet spot under the girl.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
At least he's consistent! :ROFLMAO:
He isn't wrong either, though. In a harem game I expect the LI to be monogamous to me. That is a double standard, albeit a fun one.
Agreed. I'm too damn greedy to even share my girls with my other girls. Which is what gets me the most facepalms. Well, used to get, before they removed that reaction. Now I get a few angry faces. :ROFLMAO:
1a2b9f83-afa9-444a-8630-a5f9b7deee44_text.gif

• Haha

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Being able to dislike an LI for their choices or personality is evidence of good/strong writing. For me, it's not about the lewds, they're a bonus. A good story with characters who evolve, that's where it's at for me.

However, on topic, it seems like a lot of people just base the entire judgement instantly on the first introduction of a character.
Like in real life, a first impression and the way you carry yourself will make people judge you. Might not be fair, but it is what it is.

Demonizing is a bit strong, I agree. I don't hate her, and will try her path on a next playthrough. Just based on my first impression and her general look, I wasn't interested. Though, if I met her in real life, I'd probably try to get to know her better on a 2nd date. She does come across as really sweet. This being a game does limit those options, and with not having finished it yet, I don't have the hindsight to know if a 2nd date is even possible.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Honestly, the problem with the 18-year-old/ older person dynamic is it's hard to tell if they met the person when they were 18 and decided whether or not they were groomed. That being said, shit's none of my business, so I don't go all Karen on anybody, but to say it's only Redditors that care is to underestimate the audience against it.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
However, on topic, it seems like a lot of people just base the entire judgement instantly on the first introduction of a character.
Yeah I used to be against anti slutty / one night stand LI when I first started playing AVN's. But as I played more AVN's I learned never good to judge them on a first impressions as they might end up being a character I love. To use this game as a example Nicki is kind of a good example of this actually. I disliked Nicki initially cause I wasnt into her looks cause of her short hair ( im picky when it comes to short hair). But after getting to know her she is my favorite character and in my top 10 LI list.
So I no longer write those kind of LI off right away anymore even if they are still my least favorite if there is a nice slow burn LI but ill still make an effort to get to them a bit until I decide which solo path I want to take. unless it's a harem but as you can guess from this comment it's probably rare for me to play a harem game.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes