mikoko67

Jan 26, 2021
I discussed this in the comments of that post, but I'd probably make a specialty version of Friends in Need that kept most of the morally dubious content (corruption, roleplay, etc.) but just relegated most of the extreme content to a patch file. That way there'd still be a version of FiN that had a lot of moral wiggle room, while being a little more palatable for a mass audience.
I play/sub your game only and because of the dark path that is so well written. In fact there isnt any game here that has this kind of hard content (and believe me, there's none unless you like gore/hentai stuff with nymphomaniac submissive girls which is totally not my kink). So i still hope you'll keep the balance
BUT, i also know that my tastes are clearly not what most people like and i also understand how steam is a graal for every developer (visibility, easy access, income...) despite their binding rules,so only thing i can do is congratulate you, hoping you continue this way :)

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Neon write so good I'm torn between full throttle grape and Ashe boyfriend, Viola hopefully boyfriend and lastly Britt pimp obviously.

Reactions: mikoko67

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
The thing about crypto is that its value is still based on how many "dollars" it is worth. Alone its value is more nebulous.
The dollar, like the other FIAT currencies, used to be backed by gold but now it's just airy fairy made up numbers that the government and various financial institutions manipulate for their own purposes. The whole system is ripe for a collapse and you can guess who'll be expected to pick up the pieces again.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
The dollar, like the other FIAT currencies, used to be backed by gold but now it's just airy fairy made up numbers that the government and various financial institutions manipulate for their own purposes. The whole system is ripe for a collapse and you can guess who'll be expected to pick up the pieces again.
Heh... The government doesn't even own them anymore. They borrow them from the Federal Reserve. Lots of people think the Fed is part of the government. It's not. It's privately owned.

K.T.L.

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Been trying this one out for a while, I'm liking it so far. Only negative is that it's *infested* with 'snicker' and 'giggle' nonsense.
-Edit-
It's a bit high on the conflict scale as well. There's always something 'bad' going on.

Last edited:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Been trying this one out for a while, I'm liking it so far. Only negative is that it's *infested* with 'snicker' and 'giggle' nonsense.
-Edit-
It's a bit high on the conflict scale as well. There's always something 'bad' going on.
?????????????????

Not sure how characters displaying emotion is nonsense. Also, the 'always something bad going on'... the game is called Friends in Need, the whole point of the game is for our protagonist, guy, to help out all these people he meets with their problems. These problems do often times consist of something pretty awful or worrying, yes... but that's the premise of the game, so it shouldn't be surprising.

K.T.L.

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
?????????????????

Not sure how characters displaying emotion is nonsense. Also, the 'always something bad going on'... the game is called Friends in Need, the whole point of the game is for our protagonist, guy, to help out all these people he meets with their problems. These problems do often times consist of something pretty awful or worrying, yes... but that's the premise of the game, so it shouldn't be surprising.
The occasional snicker or giggle is fine but, IMO, there's far too much of it. I had a quick look through the files, there's nearly 600 of the things. Used sparingly, they add a bit of interest to the text. Overdone they start to look childish. Massively overdone and it gets annoying.

Reactions: Mint-ER#

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
-Edit-
I honestly think " it's *infested* with 'snicker' and 'giggle' nonsense." is great. To me it makes the dialogue feel more natural / realistic after all the characters aren't witches they are bound to show some kind of emotion. If it's over done well that's personal opinion. It's not something I even noticed or realized that's in the game alot until someone else does, as it comes across pretty natural to me so never felt over done.

Might not be your game if you dislike the conflict it pretty much the reason for the game and what makes the characters great and feel more real and the entire premise of the game. Even if this game had 1 or 2 LI that didn't have any real issues that they needed help with or the MC to be there. I probably have zero interest in them compared to the rest as in comparison they would feel boring.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Something that drew me to this game was the name and how the plot sounded.
I really like when games give us the option to help beautiful ladies.

My version of Guy is certainly on his way to being a good friend to these babes.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I'm getting to ready to go to bed soon and I thought of a simp post. If Nicki was real I would love if Nicki tried to keep me awake and I feel asleep on on her lap while holding her hand and playing with her hair as I look her in the eyes and tell her how much I love her. I think that would be really cute

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
hmm also I think lights from the lamp to the left are wrong :geek:
Friends in Need will return in 2030, after I fix all the lamps and bad hair. u_u

Just to address this, I try to be as conservative as I can with renders, and that often means distant shots where the characters' faces aren't super visible. At times like that, I need a way to make it clear how a character feels.

Like, if Nicki says, "I fuckin' hate you," to Guy, that reads pretty clearly as animosity.

If she says, "I fuckin' hate you - snicker," it's obvious she's just busting balls.

I've also been trying to tone down a lot of narrative dialogue. So, where once I might have written something like, "The little brunette rolls her eyes, an exasperated smile stretching across her face. 'I fuckin' hate you,'" now I just go with the more succint "snicker."

Ultimately, I'm still kind of figuring out how to work in this format. It's a weird one! I'm expected to be more brief than writing pure prose, but more long-winded than something like a comic book. Finding that balance can be difficult.

Then, add in the fact that I have to write multiple paths at once, and it's easy to fall into the trap of repeating myself, without really realizing it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
They say a good writer direct the scene with visuals, camera/photography , body language and so on.

Try to not second guess yourself into madness bro. You're already doin gods work.
The self reflection and willingness to interact with us is already a fucking boom in my opinion.
I like to joke around most of the time but for now I'll be serious.
You are right bro the game kicks butt.

I wouldn't call giggles or snickers nonsense.
I will stand by my opinion that this is one of the best written games on this site.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
-Edit-
Ah, that's part of the charm. If all the giggling and snickering wasn't there it just wouldn't be the same. It's kinda like how in University of Problems a few folks were complaining about the girls going "Tee Hee" until the author removed them all and Sancho had to write a mod to put them all back. The writing here is way better than UoP when it comes to the characters expressing their mirth.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes