yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/friends-in-need-ch-9-v0-60c-neonghosts.112500/post-13933356

Not gonna lie, reading posts like this, where the author communicates with the audience, explains some non-obvious points of the game and answers questions, complaints and even the negative posts of the public, is perhaps no less interesting than the game itself.

The only thing that’s a little frustrating is that the dev admits by himself that such openness, including to negativity, unreasonable demands and simply trolling, affects his motivation. I'm a selfish guy, so a less motivated developer means less content or longer waits for updates for me. This is unacceptable! :Kappa:

I may or may not like the game, but I definitely can't stand it when players start dictating to the developer how they should make their games and what content they should or shouldn't include there.

And I don't agree with bro ename144 that it's author's job is to listen the audience's feedback. Let's say yet another guy doesn't like Nikki, he wrote about it in the thread, left a negative review. The developer, if for some reason this information may be useful to him, has increased Nikki’s dislike counter. That's it, feedback received. But the guy won't stop there and will write post after post about how crappy Nikki and the game are, and the author doesn't understand a damn thing about it. What kind of feedback is this? To me it sounds like an annoying noise which no one is obliged to listen to.

I'm not even talking about the fact that for some developers their games are passion projects; they make them primarily for their own fun. Yes, it's great if other people like it too and want to support the developer, but the wide support isn't a requirement for those developers to continue working. This forum provides a great place for developers and players to find each other and communicate. But if someone, even after numerous explanations and answers from the developer, continues to think and write that the game is moving in the wrong direction, the story is wrong, the developer doesn't know what he's doing, adds the wrong content for the wrong characters, maybe then it's time to just admit that this game is not for you, and move on instead of crapping on someone's passion?

abgazil

Jul 27, 2018
Getting away from the negativity for a bit.. I've been doing these little photosets over on , where I imagine how a certain scenario may have played out differently. Playing on the old What If comics I loved as a kid.

View attachment 3708262

View attachment 3708263
I would appreciate it if you could make these less tempting. Thanks in advance from my wallet

• Haha
Reactions: HiP1

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
Shall I download it finally, someone said to wait for a week or two after release for the full experience is it here?

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
So when will the full version be out ?
i was wondering this too. i thought i read somewhere that he was releasing a version on the 6th, today, but i cant find that info anymore. can anyone confirm? and will this be the final/patreon version, or whatever its called, for the next few months?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
i was wondering this too. i thought i read somewhere that he was releasing a version on the 6th, today, but i cant find that info anymore. can anyone confirm? and will this be the final/patreon version, or whatever its called, for the next few months?
unless he releases a version with a few fixes that needs be done it's out now since he released it for public release already. I doubt he would do that if it wasn't

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
60c is the final version, for the moment. I’d hoped to get some more additions to the scenes completed prior to release, but it wound up mostly just being little fixes.

When I realized I wasn’t going to have time to make any meaningful additions, I just released it a little early. :)

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
60c is the final version, for the moment. I’d hoped to get some more additions to the scenes completed prior to release, but it wound up mostly just being little fixes.

When I realized I wasn’t going to have time to make any meaningful additions, I just released it a little early. :)
ah ok cool. by the way i just wanted to say, this is the best game currently active on f95 right now....despite the lack of brittany content...

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I love Alex's small breasts they are so perfect.
Honestly I'm not a big fan of Alex yet then I saw her naked and damn she is so hot. To me she is the 2nd hottest character to me. Only beaten by Risa I just loved Risa's boobs especially with the nipple piercing , and the bush she has was really cute and hot at the same time . I know most think Brittani is super hot and the hottest character and im crazy putting Alex and Risa above her but eh boobs aren't everything to me. i'd rank Brittani as the 4th or 5th hottest to me

Reactions: Joshy92

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Not enough small-medium breasts in most AVNs. IMO.
ain't that the truth. What's worst is alot of times I will find a character with smaller boobs I like but then I won't like their character nearly as much as another that is more filled out lol. So it becomes more disappointing to me sometimes but that tends to happen when I dont listen to my dick haha.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
You already know my feelings about Risa, so bias aside(I hope:Kappa:), this was the first time in this game when I rolled my eyes at the over the top try-hard storyline and justifications she was throwing. I feel like the game tries way to hard to make her appear more complex than she is and it kinda makes her look like she has split personality when she switches from tragic damsel to manipulative flirt. I also saw 'the twist' coming a mile away and still didn't believe it will be this :HideThePain:

From downplaying her fault in the trafficking, to the fact that she is mostly portrayed as smart and resourceful, yet was too dumb to realize what was going on, to the interesting detail that she seems to be the only Junkie girl Lucien doesn't sexually abuse, everything seems so far fetched that it takes me out of it. The game really, really wants you to like and care about Risa.
Why can't a character be complex? Victims of trauma can't revert to their bubbly personality during normal moments? Bubbly characters can't drop the playfulness during serious moments? Humans experience the full range of emotions, I don't see why she has to be one or the other.

And why would Lucien assault Risa? She's the daughter of a very wealthy family and Lucien is smart enough to know this. He clearly goes for women that are helpless and won't bring him trouble.

The guy is a serial abuser of women that he meets in person and he records his crimes, some might have families as powerful, or more than Risa, but now is the first time he acts with self preservation in mind?
Why assume only to the benefit of your own argument? We know only of 2 women he's captured. And none of them are wealthy or 'important' enough to cause him trouble. Can easily assume Lucien is smart enough to just not go after more dangerous prey..

And as for why Risa is still scared and accommodating if Lucien will only go so far; well, does Risa know that? We can imagine for Lucien that the mere threat is enough for someone like her, especially after all of her outs were shot down (cops etc.). Markus also said he will still make rich people disappear (ofc from our perspective, these are all just threats at this point, we don't know how real they actually are); while Risa's disappearance would certainly still attract too much attention, it seems to me that it would be harder to link them to that than it would be to link them to her trafficking, especially if they can't even find a body. Video evidence getting circulated + 'privileged' wealthy men having their way talking about it, perhaps even recognizing her.. I think that's too much for Lucien to be confident in containing.

Raping her might not bring repercussions, especially if Risa keeps it to herself, but given she wasn't super keen with the details on their 'falling out', the player can honestly imagine w/e they think is more believable...

I would quibble with the way you phrased that, Neon. It is absolutely the job of an author to listen to the audience; that's the only way to learn how your art functions outside the confines of your own head. That does not mean, however, that an author needs to act on the audience's feedback, or even agree with it. But I do think you need to listen.
Don't think he meant it literally. Think he indeed meant acting on it.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes