NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I admit, I was hoping for a bit more of a chunkier update. Something to really sink my teeth into.
I might just skip the Halloween special and wait for the full update if it is really coming in November.
Very much looking forward to it, you are making great strides so far. Really aiming for those 5 stars, aren't you? :)

I actually replayed the game each time a new chapter hit, not because I had to, when I had to, but also just because I wanted to check it again.
That's fair! That's why I was initially reticent to even advertise it. But, I figured I might as well let people know about it, especially since it provides a few code improvements and bug fixes, and provides a bridge into Chapter Four. It directly stems from the calendar idea you discuss with Brittani, in Chapter Three.

Plus, it's an opportunity to get it in front of some eyeballs ahead of the next full release, which never hurts.

>the game you like just got an update!
>it's Halloween / Christmas / New Years mini-update that's completely unrelated to main plot
Not so! It's actually designed to function as both a Halloween special, and a direct bridge between Chapters 3 and 4.

I am sorry anyone's bummed out it's not a full update, but I literally did it in two days, while I was writing Chapter 4. So, it didn't significantly impact the development cycle for Chapter Four, and I'm still on track to deliver an update this month, fitting my basically-bi-monthly release cycle.

Oh hey, and while I'm thinking of it, if anyone's curious to get a sneak peek at some of the NSFW content for next chapter, I'm doing where I tease NSFW renders to all patron tiers.

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
I admit, I was hoping for a bit more of a chunkier update. Something to really sink my teeth into.
I might just skip the Halloween special and wait for the full update if it is really coming in November.
Very much looking forward to it, you are making great strides so far. Really aiming for those 5 stars, aren't you? :)

I actually replayed the game each time a new chapter hit, not because I had to, when I had to, but also just because I wanted to check it again.

i read the update info in the OP and burst out laughing....honest :LOL:

i truthfully cannot think of a worse advert for reputation promotion, something all small devs need for increasing funds, than the smallest numbers of any update i have seen since i started using this site when the site was still new. i was incredulous with laughter :LOL:

and why bother with holiday specials?
is there a Christmas special halfway through in fallout, halo or the Witcher games? no. possibly there is a bloody good reason big devs don't do it. they just get on with the main game development and save wasted time

i agree with you fully that updates should have enough content to sink your teeth into, even if it requires longer update times, as supporters will wait longer and appreciate much more, an update they can spend time on. so long as the wait is justified.

it's funny to see developers give so little thought to perception when it is their stock and trade

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
i read the update info in the OP and burst out laughing....honest :LOL:

i truthfully cannot think of a worse advert for reputation promotion, something all small devs need for increasing funds, than the smallest numbers of any update i have seen since i started using this site when the site was still new. i was incredulous with laughter :LOL:

and why bother with holiday specials?
is there a Christmas special halfway through in fallout, halo or the Witcher games? no. possibly there is a bloody good reason big devs don't do it. they just get on with the main game development and save wasted time

i agree with you fully that updates should have enough content to sink your teeth into, even if it requires longer update times, as supporters will wait longer and appreciate much more, an update they can spend time on. so long as the wait is justified.

it's funny to see developers give so little thought to perception when it is their stock and trade
that feeling when you make a free update for people and they complain

Ho-Hum.png

Man, not to be too blunt about this, but I'm not worried about making an "advert for reputation promotion." The fuck would I even want to do that? I made something fun for my subscribers, and players here at this site, because I wanted to share my love of Halloween. I didn't paywall it, even though I probably could've made a few bucks. It's literally just something I rendered in a single (long) day, to share the holiday spirit. I got up at 3 AM on a day I had to go do my actual job so I could finish the update, and get it uploaded in time for people to enjoy on Halloween.

I'm not concerned with goosing my reputation. I'm in this to have fun, share this story with people, and make cool stuff. So far, I'm succeeding on all fronts.

And "perception" of me is not my stock and trade. The people who support me, be it financially or even just with encouraging messages, are the ones who keep me going. Like every other dev on this site, I've had people telling me the various decisions I was making were dumb or doomed to fail from the very beginning. And yet, I keep growing my subscribers, and gaining new fans. So, I appreciate the advice, but I'll keep doing me, thanks.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
That's fair! That's why I was initially reticent to even advertise it. But, I figured I might as well let people know about it, especially since it provides a few code improvements and bug fixes, and provides a bridge into Chapter Four. It directly stems from the calendar idea you discuss with Brittani, in Chapter Three.

Plus, it's an opportunity to get it in front of some eyeballs ahead of the next full release, which never hurts.

Not so! It's actually designed to function as both a Halloween special, and a direct bridge between Chapters 3 and 4.

I am sorry anyone's bummed out it's not a full update, but I literally did it in two days, while I was writing Chapter 4. So, it didn't significantly impact the development cycle for Chapter Four, and I'm still on track to deliver an update this month, fitting my basically-bi-monthly release cycle.

Oh hey, and while I'm thinking of it, if anyone's curious to get a sneak peek at some of the NSFW content for next chapter, I'm doing where I tease NSFW renders to all patron tiers.

I for my part wasn't exactly bummed, because I didn't expect the update so fast anyway, so don't worry.
I actually decided to give it a go, because I just wanted to play through the game once more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
that feeling when you make a free update for people and they complain

View attachment 2152051

Man, not to be too blunt about this, but I'm not worried about making an "advert for reputation promotion." The fuck would I even want to do that? I made something fun for my subscribers, and players here at this site, because I wanted to share my love of Halloween. I didn't paywall it, even though I probably could've made a few bucks. It's literally just something I rendered in a single (long) day, to share the holiday spirit. I got up at 3 AM on a day I had to go do my actual job so I could finish the update, and get it uploaded in time for people to enjoy on Halloween.

I'm not concerned with goosing my reputation. I'm in this to have fun, share this story with people, and make cool stuff. So far, I'm succeeding on all fronts.

And "perception" of me is not my stock and trade. The people who support me, be it financially or even just with encouraging messages, are the ones who keep me going. Like every other dev on this site, I've had people telling me the various decisions I was making were dumb or doomed to fail from the very beginning. And yet, I keep growing my subscribers, and gaining new fans. So, I appreciate the advice, but I'll keep doing me, thanks.
But, but, but, you're supposed to agree, with those who do not agree with you on this site. That is a sign of a great dev, don't you know nothing? I mean, what is it with you devs now a days.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I have only recently started catching up with all the games on here, since I have been away from this site for a while, so I'm a bit late in saying this but I loved chapter three especially Gabby's love path. She is just too adorable but I really like Viola now as well, since she needs money any chance the MC can offer her a job as a housekeeper/maid, to play into the whole Russian maid kink, asking for a friend:BootyTime:.

You did a good job making me feel a bit sorry for Nicki though I still prefer friend zoning her. I'm kind of disappointing there was no Ashe I need more scenes with that kinky bitch.

Any chance you can say when the muscular woman is going to appear. I love muscle girls a lot.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
NeonGhosts Not sure how long this has been in the game because this is my first time letting Gabby go in Chapter 2 but it looks like if you're "Just Friends With Gabby" then when you visit Barron's Books in Chapter 3 and she tells you Madison is in the back it shows you standing in the hallway but gives you the options for the left door (the bathroom: Examine the medicine cabinet, Check the trash, and Leave)) without letting you choose which door to go through.

Other than that, enjoyed the new scene in Chapter 2 and the additions to the Halloween special.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I have only recently started catching up with all the games on here, since I have been away from this site for a while, so I'm a bit late in saying this but I loved chapter three especially Gabby's love path. She is just too adorable but I really like Viola now as well, since she needs money any chance the MC can offer her a job as a housekeeper/maid, to play into the whole Russian maid kink, asking for a friend:BootyTime:.

You did a good job making me feel a bit sorry for Nicki though I still prefer friend zoning her. I'm kind of disappointing there was no Ashe I need more scenes with that kinky bitch.

Any chance you can say when the muscular woman is going to appear. I love muscle girls a lot.
Hey, first of all, welcome back! I'm glad people continue to enjoy Gabby, as she remains one of my favorite girls to write. I actually played her "dark love" path today, where you gaslight and manipulate her.. Got me thinking about some of the fun that could lead to. But, I like playing her sweetheart path, too.

I definitely have plans for Viola in that direction! There's a line of dialogue in the Brittani event in Chapter Four that hints at it.

Ashe will be back in Chapter Four for a proper date (and even more kinky content), so you won't need to wait too long. Between her and Brittani, it's going to be a good update for people who love well-endowed blondes.

As for the muscle girl, she'll be in the next update! Her name's Alex. There's actually a demo up under the $15 tier on my Patreon right now, which allows people to play through the prologue of the next update - it features content with Nicki, Alex, Carolina (not much, just a brief scene), and Pepper. Though, the sexual content is contained exclusively to Nicki. Here's a little teaser for Alex, who now has pink hair. I'd based her on this fitness influencer I have a crush on, and she changed her hair from blonde to pink, so it felt appropriate. :LOL:

4AD005.png

Ok hear me out... It kinda kills the fuck out of me to say it but the tats kinda grew on me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really like how the tattoos and shaggy brown hair look on her. Big, big tomboy energy.

NeonGhosts Not sure how long this has been in the game because this is my first time letting Gabby go in Chapter 2 but it looks like if you're "Just Friends With Gabby" then when you visit Barron's Books in Chapter 3 and she tells you Madison is in the back it shows you standing in the hallway but gives you the options for the left door (the bathroom: Examine the medicine cabinet, Check the trash, and Leave)) without letting you choose which door to go through.

Other than that, enjoyed the new scene in Chapter 2 and the additions to the Halloween special.
Ack! That's the result of one of those incorrectly written if/elif statements I mentioned in one of the last few pages. I thought I fixed them all, but I found a couple more after your comment prompted me to go line-by-line looking for more. If you download and extract it into your 'game' folder, it should overwrite your script files, and correct the problem.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Did any actual content got added or is it just Halloween stuff?
It's a direct continuation of the existing story, so you'll have to play it before playing the next chapter anyway. But, you're free to just wait until the next update.

I looked at it as kind of an intermission, giving the player a chance to slow down and just chill. You get a little background on MC and Nicki's friendship, a little history for some of the various girls which will actually be important later, and some insight into what Nicki brings to the table as MC's assistant.

Dav1dBlak3

Apr 12, 2018
great game dev! but how can I get the new scene in ch 2? I tried many things and did not see anything different

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
NeonGhosts

Bug report:

When selecting the top choice Ashe.
friends in need bug report 2.jpg

I get this:
friends in need bug report 1.jpg

No errors with the other choices.

I'm also using that patch you just linked recently in this thread. Just FYI.

Reactions: Λvipray_x
4.50 star(s) 194 Votes