Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
She's prolly the most important character besides the MC so you will have to deal with it.
I don't like chocolate brat and still I have to deal with her because she's a central character.
I just need to be careful about juggling such a big cast, or it may start to feel like the story is spinning its wheels a bit.
How many girls are you planning to make good/bad routes for?

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Generally speaking the game allows you to play as a good guy, a charming sleaze, a terrible sleaze or a bastard/raper.
The story goes out of its way to allow you to justify your chosen path. That's why many characters are purposefully flawed. This is especially true for Nikki, but those flaws are by design.

The main theme of the game is exploitation. You constanly find yourself in a position where you can exploit fully or partially your power over others. You can, or you can chose not to and be a superior man.

Nikki has been exploited by her boyfriend that set her after you. She was then exploited by you, in all the paths (take notice of how even in the good guy path she basically gives her consent to be exploited). She's then exploited by the weirdo rich photographer and finally once again by her boyfriend. She's in a high stress situation and comes to you.

Why? Cause she's desperatly hanging on to your past bond and the idea she has of you in her mind.
Is that a character flaw? Yes.
Does that makes her a bad character? No.

More importantly she once again positioned herself in a way to be exploited. But this time not with your money but emotionally, cause she wants the stability you offer more than anything.

The story is set up in a way that you can be her lover or her exploiter. If you're not interested in neither then, I'm sorry but this is not the game for you.

Anyway this is just my opinion, peace.

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
Generally speaking the game allows you to play as a good guy, a charming sleaze, a terrible sleaze or a bastard/raper.
The story goes out of its way to allow you to justify your chosen path. That's why many characters are purposefully flawed. This is especially true for Nikki, but those flaws are by design.

The main theme of the game is exploitation. You constanly find yourself in a position where you can exploit fully or partially your power over others. You can, or you can chose not to and be a superior man.

Nikki has been exploited by her boyfriend that set her after you. She was then exploited by you, in all the paths (take notice of how even in the good guy path she basically gives her consent to be exploited). She's then exploited by the weirdo rich photographer and finally once again by her boyfriend. She's in a high stress situation and comes to you.

Why? Cause she's desperatly hanging on to your past bond and the idea she has of you in her mind.
Is that a character flaw? Yes.
Does that makes her a bad character? No.

More importantly she once again positioned herself in a way to be exploited. But this time not with your money but emotionally, cause she wants the stability you offer more than anything.

The story is set up in a way that you can be her lover or her exploiter. If you're not interested in neither then, I'm sorry but this is not the game for you.

Anyway this is just my opinion, peace.
it makes since but it will still be better if you can AVOID characters in some form. it will then start feeling kinetic imo. But like I personally said 1 character isn't a dealbreaker for me, just gonna cold shoulder her and keep moving. The game obvious gonna use nicki as the man plot armor imo so she is there and will stay there regardless. even if you treat her like crap which i am doing it's no way to get rid of her which still imo sucks but it is what it is. maybe in the future when you once again save her from herself we can finally kick her to the curb depending on the route you took for her. she is needed. she is one of the key parts of the story that is obvious LOL. what makes her a bad character is the fact you are the REBOUND. She made dumb choices and you constantly forced to bail her out. it makes her characer not only dumb, but foolish when see seen the writing on the wall with the dude she was dating. I don't think she is the worst character ever but imo not good. can she be salvaged? MAYBE, it's to be seen down the line. Out of all the people the mc is helping hers is the most self inflicting which is the problem imo.

overall game is still good and enjoyable. if we are forced to be the pillow or the jailer of the crying maiden then so be it, It is what it is.

And with that, offically done talking about her lol.

bye thread.

Last edited:

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
I take the Nicki stuff in stride, but I am always kind of confused by the same handful of people showing up every so often to trash her, the game, the choices I've made, etc.
Well, I think I actually said that in the past but I like her. The whole story for me make her more real and believable, I like she is far from perfect, kind of struggle with life and making wrong choices, but she is not bad person at heart, at least that what I feel from what I saw so far.

I also feel that when judging some of her action people tend to forget that she and MC had something between them for quite some time that was more than just normal friendship.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Well, I think I actually said that in the past but I like her. The whole story for me make her more real and believable, I like she is far from perfect, kind of struggle with life and making wrong choices, but she is not bad person at heart, at least that what I feel from what I saw so far.

I also feel that when judging some of her action people tend to forget that she and MC had something between them for quite some time that was more than just normal friendship.
There is a lot on their past that is so adorable that it kinda makes me want to puke. The dancing in the candy aisles and the dressing up for Halloween both come to mind. They were basically work spouses and as far as her dirtbag boyfriend was concerned MC was probably "That guy."

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I don't like chocolate brat and still I have to deal with her because she's a central character.

How many girls are you planning to make good/bad routes for?
Gabby.png

Girls with full romance/corruption/submission paths planned, in no particular order:
  • Nicki
  • Ashe
  • Gabby
  • Madison
  • Brittani
  • Viola
  • Carolina
  • Pepper
  • Alex
It's always possible that Pepper or Alex's roles may be reduced to supporting cast members, and replaced by other girls, if I fail to find a good angle on them. But, I have loose arcs for them planned out, and we'll see how they go. Everyone else has a fairly defined plan as to where they can wind up, by the end of the game.

I think this is something that people really tend to forget, or brush past. They were friends for two years. Per MC, she was basically his only friend. And given Brent was pretty controlling, we can surmise the same was likely true for Nicki. A rebooted Chapter One will have more of a front-loaded opening, where we see a day in the life of MC and Nicki before he became wealthy, so we can appreciate the enormous change the money makes in his life.

People also get hung up on the $20k MC gives her. Yes, it's a lot of money for any normal person. But, MC's crypto assets were worth 26 million when he cashed out, per the image we see on his phone. So, $20k represents roughly 0.00077 worth of his net worth. Even if he just had that 26 million sitting in a savings account earning 2% interest, he's still clearing $520,000 a year - or something like $43,000 a month, just sitting on his ass. Granted, this is all in a magical world where taxes and crypto fees don't exist, but let's just pretend, for simplicity's sake.

So, let's say you have $1000 and your best friend asks for $0.77 cents, to get them out of a potentially life-ruining situation. That's the dilemma MC found himself in. The point of that scene is to demonstrate the enormous gulf between working-class people, and the obscenely wealthy. For Nicki, it's a hole so deep she can't imagine a way out of it. For MC, it's fun money.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 2171753

Girls with full romance/corruption/submission paths planned, in no particular order:
  • Nicki
  • Ashe
  • Gabby
  • Madison
  • Brittani
  • Viola
  • Carolina
  • Pepper
  • Alex
It's always possible that Pepper or Alex's roles may be reduced to supporting cast members, and replaced by other girls, if I fail to find a good angle on them. But, I have loose arcs for them planned out, and we'll see how they go. Everyone else has a fairly defined plan as to where they can wind up, by the end of the game.

I think this is something that people really tend to forget, or brush past. They were friends for two years. Per MC, she was basically his only friend. And given Brent was pretty controlling, we can surmise the same was likely true for Nicki. A rebooted Chapter One will have more of a front-loaded opening, where we see a day in the life of MC and Nicki before he became wealthy, so we can appreciate the enormous change the money makes in his life.

People also get hung up on the $20k MC gives her. Yes, it's a lot of money for any normal person. But, MC's crypto assets were worth 26 million when he cashed out, per the image we see on his phone. So, $20k represents roughly 0.00077 worth of his net worth. Even if he just had that 26 million sitting in a savings account earning 2% interest, he's still clearing $520,000 a year - or something like $43,000 a month, just sitting on his ass. Granted, this is all in a magical world where taxes and crypto fees don't exist, but let's just pretend, for simplicity's sake.

So, let's say you have $1000 and your best friend asks for $0.77 cents, to get them out of a potentially life-ruining situation. That's the dilemma MC found himself in. The point of that scene is to demonstrate the enormous gulf between working-class people, and the obscenely wealthy. For Nicki, it's a hole so deep she can't imagine a way out of it. For MC, it's fun money.
i think from your perspective it is totally right but you as a dev with background knowlege of the chars tend to forget that the player only sees what is shown ingame. and the fact that a lot of people like to roleplay the mc (thats why you play a game and not watch a movie) it often happens that the mc´s thought process/dev idea for mc dont align with the players perspective.

more info on theyre past may be good for a book or movie but for a game where choices matter it will likely not really change the players mind. i for myself really dislike it when the game tries to railroad me into a direction when my peronal taste just dont alignt with the devs intendet taste for the mc.

so from the story standpoint it may make sense but for the gaming experience and player standpoint it may be more interesting to experience the character interactions for himself to mold the mc´s tastes to his/her playstyle.

Reactions: mofonistik

Serkana

Aug 6, 2017
View attachment 2171753

• Nicki
  • Ashe
  • Gabby
  • Madison
  • Brittani
  • Viola
  • Carolina
  • Pepper
  • Alex
No path for the sister?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
View attachment 2171753

• Nicki
  • Ashe
  • Gabby
  • Madison
  • Brittani
  • Viola
  • Carolina
  • Pepper
  • Alex

What does the taboo content patch change? :unsure:

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Well, I mean the money thing goes both ways doesn't it? It was a big deal to Nicki and she wasn't fully honest about it. She used something that would be a big deal to MC, his feelings for her, to get something she needed. Maybe they both made mistakes (he could have been honest about getting all the money and they both had feelings for each other they didn't talk about) but that means they BOTH made mistakes which means Nicki made mistakes.

There's no way a game is going to be able to present all the possible ways two people might react to each other's mistakes *or just actions if you don't want to call them mistakes. Without trying to be dismissive (this is a discussion forum, people should share their opinions) some people are just not going to have how they would react represented. Another subset of those people are going to feel so bothered by that fact that they won't enjoy playing the game. I'm glad I'm not in that group. I have some issues with things Nicki has done but I'm willing to forgive at least within the story. I think I'll be happier when I can take my frustrations out on Brent, Vaughn, etc.

Just a thought: Maybe someday down the line we (players and MC) could get a look at some of Nicki's Onlyfans material from before she went full tatt. Maybe she even saved some nudes she thought about sending MC but never did (might be a stretch but I can dream). I know that would take time away from the main story so I wouldn't want it to be a priority, but I think it'd be a little treat for people who don't love the tattoos while still allowing the canon to be upheld.

Last edited:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Just a thought: Maybe someday down the line we (players and MC) could get a look at some of Nicki's Onlyfans material from before she went full tatt. Maybe she even saved some nudes she thought about sending MC but never did (might be a stretch but I can dream). I know that would take time away from the main story so I wouldn't want it to be a priority, but I think it'd be a little treat for people who don't love the tattoos while still allowing the canon to be upheld.
Good idea! I did something similar when I first started the Patreon, but I've learned a lot about Daz since then. I'll put a little photoset up this weekend.

Nicki001.png

ohgodmyeyes

Jun 27, 2017
Liked this game a lot so far. Surprisingly touching moments here and there (played as a mostly good natured dude. I try to go down the bad path in games from time to time, but never last long. My default just isn't that sociopathic I suppose). Especially at the end of the Halloween special, staying up late watching movies "alone". Pretty emotionally resonant.

This game (and Nothing is Forever) both are really well written, especially for erotic games. Not only in the kind of natural depth of the side characters and their characterization, but also the huge moral range of the main characters choices, and how they blend for the most part seamlessly into his "personality" and how the story doesn't immediately fall to pieces when choosing wildly different path responses. And the hot scenes are indeed hot.

You hooked me. Can't wait to see what you've got rattling around in there next.

Realized this first serious bit should be in the reviews, so it is

Also, I went to this pizza place the other day, because I was hungry for sushi, and these assholes were trying to give me baked dough and sauce and cheese. What kind of sushi is that? I didn't want that, probably allergic. Would have died if I tried it, most likely.

I'm no chef, actually never cooked at all. Or been a waiter. Or had a job in the service industry. But at the very least they could have asked for my advice on their menu. Because that pepperoni pizza was the worst sushi I ever had.

So after a week of eating this garbage I'd had enough. I've never managed a restaurant, or been burdened by the experience of working in the food industry. I have however, eaten a lot of food, and buoyed by that (which is pretty much the same right?) and the conviction that my opinion was right for everyone, I gave them plenty of advice on how they should be improving this shit they called pizza (even in the sign!) but I knew was really terrible sushi.

I didn't even have time to stop at the Japanese place right next to my apartment because I had to rush home to post this as quickly as possible. I'm sure some of you in this forum will understand.

Aaaaaaanywayy... Good job dev, keep on keepin on.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Well shit, this is only reminding me how much I liked Nicki's look better pre tattoos. Just when I was getting accustomed to her new look. :cry:
I think that old hair Nicki + tattoos Nicki will eventually bridge that gap. Who knows though, I may eventually decide to do something totally random with her look. :unsure:

Nicki005.png Nicki006.png
Nicki007.png Nicki009.png

Liked this game a lot so far. Surprisingly touching moments here and there (played as a mostly good natured dude. I try to go down the bad path in games from time to time, but never last long. My default just isn't that sociopathic I suppose). Especially at the end of the Halloween special, staying up late watching movies "alone". Pretty emotionally resonant.

This game (and Nothing is Forever) both are really well written, especially for erotic games. Not only in the kind of natural depth of the side characters and their characterization, but also the huge moral range of the main characters choices, and how they blend for the most part seamlessly into his "personality" and how the story doesn't immediately fall to pieces when choosing wildly different path responses. And the hot scenes are indeed hot.

You hooked me. Can't wait to see what you've got rattling around in there next.
Thanks for the kind words, and the totally random anecdote that's applicable to no situation I've ever been in. :'D

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: Boobs Lover

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I had no idea what a Romper was until Daz Studio :LUL:

I like Nicki's look now, chiiilll :KEK:
I first learned what a romper was, when a girl I went on a date with explained she had to take the whole thing off to pee. Really impractical article of clothing..

And no worries, Nicki's going to keep the choppy cut for a while. But, it never hurts to plan for the future. :p

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes