NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Any plans for Madison?
Yup, next chapter! I know her plot's been pretty slow up until now, but Chapter Four will see a sharp progression.

If it is the Russian girl (Viola) I am more than happy without a doubt one of the characters that I like the most along with Gabby
;) I'm really happy to see how much everyone's taken to Viola. The Halloween Special foreshadowed some future developments for her, which we can expect to see come to fruition sooner than later.

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
I'm really happy to see how much everyone's taken to Viola.
Honestly, it's hard to not like her, she seems nice, sadly I made mistake looking at all her scenes (if you know what I mean :p), still feel bad about it. :(

Funny thing, I really liked the money domination scene (it was kind of hot), but at the same time I hated it (or myself?). :p
As hot as degradation renders were she didn't deserve that, if I ever replay that path only hug from me :p

Looking froward for her as maid and good path scene, shame it will take a while.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yup! There should be some news on the Subscribestar, soon.

I mentioned this to my $15+ subscribers on Patreon, but once Chapter Four is fully wrapped (late December/early January), I’m probably going to suspend active development of the game for a month, so I can do a lot of the stuff I've been putting off. That means stuff like launching Discord/Itchio/Subscribestar, cleaning up code, getting ahead on scripts, implementing animations into earlier chapters, etc.

Render total is around 450. Renders for Brittani's scene are at 64. Gonna be a big, big scene.

View attachment 2184209
Animations are a double edged sword. While some scenes can be better with it if done right, they're time and resource consuming compared with static renders. And don't get me started about stupid animations like hair movement or some shiit some devs do.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Animations are a double edged sword. While some scenes can be better with it if done right, they're time and resource consuming compared with static renders. And don't get me started about stupid animations like hair movement or some shiit some devs do.
Yeah, in the near term I’m only doing simple 2-3 frame animations, similar to what I did in The Student Loan. Chapter Four of FiN already has a handful of them.

But, I have similar frustrations as you regarding animations, in some of my favorite games. I’d gladly take a few more static images, in exchange for a single janky, stuttering animation. But, I can’t deny that when done well, they add a real sense of polish to a game.

The ideal scenario would be to do simple animations while the game is being serialized, and then go back and replace them with better ones, once it’s all wrapped up.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, in the near term I’m only doing simple 2-3 frame animations, similar to what I did in The Student Loan. Chapter Four of FiN already has a handful of them.

But, I have similar frustrations as you regarding animations, in some of my favorite games. I’d gladly take a few more static images, in exchange for a single janky, stuttering animation. But, I can’t deny that when done well, they add a real sense of polish to a game.

The ideal scenario would be to do simple animations while the game is being serialized, and then go back and replace them with better ones, once it’s all wrapped up.
Idk about your money situation but some devs like Perverteer outsource animation work.
Anyway you do what what you think is best for your game.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I've almost never seen animation add something to a game other than stutter, even in games with good animations
Then they aren't good animations :geek: Desert Stalker does indeed have great ones; Light of My Life also does; I think this game as well; Radiant's I seem to also remember being good; Banking on Bella mostly decent too. There are certainly other games with pretty good ones and obviously sometimes the quality can fluctuate, even in the ones I just mentioned, but I guess I'm saying that I definitely don't agree with your statement :p

Reactions: benny7

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Idk about your money situation but some devs like Perverteer outsource animation work.
Huh, I didn't know they outsourced it. Makes sense, animations take some serious render time.

A bad animation can kill a scene. A still image is always "safe". Preferably from different angles of course.

Reactions: NeonGhosts

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I'd actually really like to look into this at some point. Thanks for the tip!

FYI:

BrittGel.png

The demo features the first of Brittani's photoshoot costumes, comprising 138 new images, as well as some text-only gameplay featuring the rest of the photoshoot, as well as some stuff with Ashe. Currently, Chapter Four stands around 500 in-game images total, with a couple dozen more rendered but not yet in-game.

I'm already working on the next costume event, trying to wrap up Brittani's event in full. Once that's done, I'll start packaging the whole thing for release to patrons. I keep referring to the release as Chapter Four: Part One, because it's really designed to be read/played as one big unit. But, Part One should be in the neighborhood of 700 renders, making it pretty substantial in its own right.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I'd actually really like to look into this at some point. Thanks for the tip!

FYI:

View attachment 2196062

The demo features the first of Brittani's photoshoot costumes, comprising 138 new images, as well as some text-only gameplay featuring the rest of the photoshoot, as well as some stuff with Ashe. Currently, Chapter Four stands around 500 in-game images total, with a couple dozen more rendered but not yet in-game.

I'm already working on the next costume event, trying to wrap up Brittani's event in full. Once that's done, I'll start packaging the whole thing for release to patrons. I keep referring to the release as Chapter Four: Part One, because it's really designed to be read/played as one big unit. But, Part One should be in the neighborhood of 700 renders, making it pretty substantial in its own right.
the shadows look great, man. getting some 70s/80s music video vibes, sans the groovy colored lights, in a good way :D(y)

oh, right, and the girl looks great too :LOL:

Jun 30, 2021
;) I'm really happy to see how much everyone's taken to Viola. The Halloween Special foreshadowed some future developments for her, which we can expect to see come to fruition sooner than later.
Seconded!!! No, honestly, I'm definitely on Gaby's route, but when I first saw this cutie I couldn't help myself :love:
I think if there is an associative dictionary Viola's picture should be opposite the description of the term "sweet girl". This girl is just adorable.

3l055.JPG

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah. Anyone who dares to hurt Viola deserves to be raped by a gang of orcs. :devilish: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It does take an exceedingly hard bastard to just rape her on the floor of her store when instead you could just comfort her when she is crying or offer her a record deal when you hear her singing. Unfortunately, there are not orcs in this universe (unless I am totally off base) so we will have to substitute the biker gang from the Blue Oyster Bar.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Unfortunately, there are not orcs in this universe (unless I am totally off base) so we will have to substitute the biker gang from the Blue Oyster Bar.
Well there's always a chance that cousin Vlad 'The Impaler' Pavlischev decides to come visit.

Ivan.png

General Update: I posted a new over on the Patreon, after almost forgetting to do it today. I'm dealing with a little cold, and I'm all doped up on cough syrup, which has left my brain feeling a bit mushy.

But! I did 30ish renders today, completing Brittani's goth photoshoot. Now I just need to do her Teacher's Pet shoot, and the scenes that follow, and we'll be off to the races.

tuskedkibbles

Mar 27, 2018
Yeah. Anyone who dares to hurt Viola deserves to be raped by a gang of orcs. :devilish: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Don't threaten me with a good time :cool:

Well there's always a chance that cousin Vlad 'The Impaler' Pavlischev decides to come visit.

View attachment 2201031

General Update: I posted a new over on the Patreon, after almost forgetting to do it today. I'm dealing with a little cold, and I'm all doped up on cough syrup, which has left my brain feeling a bit mushy.

But! I did 30ish renders today, completing Brittani's goth photoshoot. Now I just need to do her Teacher's Pet shoot, and the scenes that follow, and we'll be off to the races.
Evil MC is FUCKED

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I finished up Britt's "teacher's pet" photoshoot last night, adding 44ish images. That puts Chapter Four: Part One right around 600 renders right now. I still need to do the final bit of the scene (where the script diverges significantly based on alignment..) but I'm optimistic about having a final version ready in the next few days.

153.png

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes