Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
Oh no... they absolutely ruined Rainbow Dash. :(
Just came back from 1.01 and saw it. I bet it's probably due to copyright, but it's a criminal change, especially due to how horrible she looks now.
especially seeing how i looked at other colours for her myself and there was at least 3 other colours that looked way better on her than that god awful red

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
your the hero we need but don't deserve i'm hyped when this mod is finished thank you hero! (please make cream pink!)

Anyway i wanted to say i completely understand the reason why she changed the colour no one want to be fucked with copy right she had every right to change stuff so she could sell on steam it her game to do with as she please i even bought the game myself to support her i love the game

but this whole thing started because of the colour change (which are...gods why red? sure prime colours but still she swapped honey and her sister's colours which agian is...Meh i mean i like honey being orange)

But the fact is what is stopping her from making two versons? with the orginal colours? updating V1.01 I mean after someone being used to one thing for so long to suddenly change it, i can undertand why peopel are mad.

And she said herself this is her passion project, and a gift for the fandom letting people pirate her game on this site why not two verson? hell even work with her community and help them make the second verison or a mod

just as Furyous D is doing right now!

and her saying ' I think attempting to mod in the original colours and names is missing the point. You won't end up with a satisfying result from attempting it because the creations in FwB are inherently different to the 'inspiration material'

missing what point? We know we've not getting a copy that why it called a parody! most of us can say we love the new lore she made this it make the world intresting and new, we've always love the characters more then the world anyway we don't want a copy we want what you made! You take at it, many of us don't care about name it more colours and look the fact to what people was used too or making it somthing fitting.

The change happened beacuse of the steam verson I mean why even steam to begin with? more money? a dream to have it on steam?

did it just get too big and she had to change or what?

but still we only what what we had before the change

but still people shouldn't swear and degrade her that is too far theres voicing your opinons and then there just...that.
well i will try, changing Cream to pink is allot harder than simply swapping out the new images for the old ones seeing as how im pre sure she was never pink (V1.01 was the 1st version i played)(if there is a version where she is let me know and ill try to get it because that will save allot of time), so for cream i have to manually edit every image myself and that takes allot of time, right now with my old tablet manual recolours aren't going so well because it's old it's very hard for me to get a smooth line (i am going to be buying a new Wacom tablet but idk when i will be able to afford it plus shipping wouldn't be until next year even if i ordered it today).
ill attach the only 2 images i have been working on so far, both of which are in progress, 1 is one of the added honey images and the other is my attempt at seeing what cream would look like pink, as u will see from these unfinished edits linework is my biggest set back right now, i did also decide to leave Cream for last seeing as how many of her images i will have to manually edit and it was more of a personal project but well now someone has requested it i guess i will add her to the final build of my mod, shading is another problem i have since shading in general is my biggest weakness as an artist.
i will also be honest and say i haven't done any work on the mod in the last week or so since my last post, real life hasn't been the kindest to me mentally as of late and my set backs have led me to want to take a break from the project.

Reactions: ProMasturbator Dave

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Recoloring and shading
Have you tried using a program to recolor the images? I've tried the recolor from paint.net in secondary color mode and it works really well to keep the shading from the original image, as well as keep the nipples and such, the only problem it has is that the white of cream's eye are the same color as some of her skin, so the program doesn't understand what to colour and what to keep, this same issue also happens with her hair and some of her pupil because everything is really bright.

You can solve this by cutting the image apart, having the hair and eyes on different layers, but this is pretty time consuming, because the selection wand tool uses the same pixel selection logic, so a lot of manual pixel selection at the borders would be required.

Using the program you can also try a lot of color combinations easily once the parts of the image are layered by just changing the color values of the color tool and reverting the change if you want something else.

You can also use the layer system to cut out the face from other images and put them on the old one to recreate the other facial expressions without having to redo the whole image.

Reactions: Kamikaza404

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
Have you tried using a program to recolor the images? I've tried the recolor from paint.net in secondary color mode and it works really well to keep the shading from the original image, as well as keep the nipples and such, the only problem it has is that the white of cream's eye are the same color as some of her skin, so the program doesn't understand what to colour and what to keep, this same issue also happens with her hair and some of her pupil because everything is really bright.

You can solve this by cutting the image apart, having the hair and eyes on different layers, but this is pretty time consuming, because the selection wand tool uses the same pixel selection logic, so a lot of manual pixel selection at the borders would be required.

Using the program you can also try a lot of color combinations easily once the parts of the image are layered by just changing the color values of the color tool and reverting the change if you want something else.

You can also use the layer system to cut out the face from other images and put them on the old one to recreate the other facial expressions without having to redo the whole image.
i could try that, as it is I layer my colouring and shading in different layers for each part of the body so cutting the image apart wouldn't take any more time than the way i am currently recolouring the images.
ive been using photoshop and just drawing over top of the base image on a new layer seeing as how im an artist and that comes easy to me i though doing it that way would be easier than trying to learn how to use photoshops more advanced tools to just edit the original image.
ill add a reference image of my photoshop canvas below (i still haven't made any more progress since the last post, ive been busy doing other personal things).

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
Guys there is new verson is out! So we need hero to share it with us!
if u get a hold of it let me know if there are any new images of the characters that were changed, ill need to get that version if there are any so i can add them to my backlog of images that need recolouring

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
New version adds 13 secrets with 13 new sex CG in 13 sex scenes, and one new character that I suppose you'd want to recolour.

Reactions: franky5555

Kamikaza404

Oct 22, 2020
Ok, I did a thing, so here's my recolor and rename mod for the latest version of Friendship with Benefits.

Recolor mod replaces almost all the character sprites (and a couple of other things) to the ones that were in v1.01.
Rename mod renames characters and some descriptions to match their colors.
I haven't finished the game yet, so not all the descriptions will be replaced, but I plan to update it a few times at a later date (or whenever the game updates).

Also if you are not playing on the latest version, you probably shouldn't install the rename mod, as it will probably crash at some point when it finds a missing image. Recolor mod should be fine though.

Now for a list of changes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How to install:
Place the *.rpa files in the "game" folder inside of your Friendship with Benefits folder.

Download:

Last edited:

mrnobody321

Dec 3, 2018
Ok, I did a thing, so here's my recolor and rename mod for the latest version of Friendship with Benefits.

Recolor mod replaces almost all the character sprites (and a couple of other things) to the ones that were in v1.01.
I haven't finished the game yet, so not all the descriptions will be replaced, but I plan to update it a few times at a later date (or whenever the game updates).

Also if you are not playing on the latest version, you probably shouldn't install the rename mod, as it will probably crash at some point when it finds a missing image. Recolor mod should be fine though.

How to install:
Place the *.rpa files in the "game" folder inside of your Friendship with Benefits folder.

Download:
Google Drive
does this work with steam version? and thank you for this mod

Apr 25, 2019

How to install:

Download:
Google Drive
Great Job. Though if at all possible do you think you would be able to also change the main menu? If not, that's ok. I know that it's not that a big deal, but i'd like everything to be consistent if possible.

Azerov

Jul 1, 2019
How do you get the ending?

v0.80:
- Bakery and Queen Celeste routes are finished
- Final Route implemented
- 11 Endings added?

Last edited:

Azerov

Jul 1, 2019
i know about that end. but in log v0.80: - 11 Endings added, choose your favourite girl to date and end the game! . or it just nothing?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes