3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

SPodvohom Games

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
What's the name you're going for, in either Russian or English?
You talk about name of the game? Sorry, haven't slept for a long time and think slow.
If i understood right, later i will rename it into "Frihetsjord".

I use one versions of places names for both languages.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Was that the first bandit on the way to Krushitsa?

If you don't have enough money to go through, select the dialogue with the offer to pay with money. After you receive the message: I am out of gold. you should be able to make money in Oksa.
First bandit, got him to -8 while I was still positive, exchanged blows again, got him to -26 and then he was still up and then hit me again. Then took my money and left me unemployed (and penniless) in Greenland.

SPodvohom Games

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
First bandit, got him to -8 while I was still positive, exchanged blows again, got him to -26 and then he was still up and then hit me again. Then took my money and left me unemployed (and penniless) in Greenland.
Yeah, I forgot to add a script to check the bandit's health after hard hit. Now it's fixed.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
You talk about name of the game? Sorry, haven't slept for a long time and think slow.
If i understood right, later i will rename it into "Frihetsjord".
The name of the game, yes.
Asking since I wonder if there might be a better alternative translation available, however I don't want to potentially cause further confusion by misunderstanding your intended meaning.

Reactions: SPodvohom Games

Croaa

Dec 15, 2018
Okay, this bug is already fixed in 0.0.4 ver.
I think it's better if you just release a 0.0.3b version for bug fixes, and then 0.0.4 with new content later on rather than having to wait for the next version before bugs are fixed
Also, you may want to change your tree chopping mini-game for something that is independent of your monitor's refresh rate

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Moshhe

Jul 2, 2018
Interesting game you have here, I think I'll keep my eyes on this one.
Also:

I think it's better if you just release a 0.0.3b version for bug fixes, and then 0.0.4 with new content later on rather than having to wait for the next version before bugs are fixed
Also, you may want to change your tree chopping mini-game for something that is independent of your monitor's refresh rate
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with refresh rate. I figured out that the minigame registers a click on Mouse release, not on the actual click. Which by the way is still not really a good way to do that, it really should be on click.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
and even frihetsjord doesnt really make sense for the game to be called, liked said earlier, it doesnt really work linguistically:unsure:
Well, I’d give dev a pass for that one, not ideal perhaps but grammatically correct at least. You could see a scenario where someone, at some point, would declare a place to be their new home and call it soil/ground of freedom. I’ve seen worse I guess.

Croaa

Dec 15, 2018
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with refresh rate. I figured out that the minigame registers a click on Mouse release, not on the actual click. Which by the way is still not really a good way to do that, it really should be on click.
I have both a 144 Hz and 60 Hz monitor, and I can tell you the dot is going way faster on the 144 one
But yeah, there is also the fact that it's on mouse release that makes you click later than intended

• Thinking Face
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes