4.60 star(s) 19 Votes

Superweapon

Jan 26, 2018
What is the normal update cycle for this game? Would love to see more but I've seen something insane like 3 months?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
What is the normal update cycle for this game? Would love to see more but I've seen something insane like 3 months?
It varies is the short answer, technically the updates come thick and fast but they all have protection attached and so are only for patrons, free updates however are far more sporadic, Smutcube is not a full time Dev as far as i know and it takes a while for content to be added, realistically every quarter per public update isn't that far off. With recent developments RE gamejolt i expect to see a reevaluation of how Smut markets/disseminates his product, what that will mean for us here i don't yet know.

Reactions: Superweapon

sergl

Aug 13, 2017
i expect to see a reevaluation of how Smut markets/disseminates his product, what that will mean for us here i don't yet know.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but he's just another money-grubbing dev. Your opinion effectively means nothing unless he needs 'community decisions' on what to add next. And even then you need to buy your way into the voting mechanism. Where other devs would freely distribute their patron builds on this site to garner attention and actively work with people to convince them to donate, he works off the idea of locking builds behind a paywall, and every time someone gets slightly close to a revelation in getting past it, he bumps the difficulty solely to spite us.

Wanna know how to make the game free? Get his patrons to cut funding.

With a lowered income from people leaving the money-trap, he'll get more and more desperate until a boiling point is reached and he has to either start pushing out better free updates to recapture his crowd, or revert back to making the game solely out of his own pocket. This is the kind of dev that bumped patron access from $1 to $3 just because there was a market for it. Hell, we might even get cheaper (if not free) cheats.

Reactions: Dremo

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but he's just another money-grubbing dev. Your opinion effectively means nothing unless he needs 'community decisions' on what to add next. And even then you need to buy your way into the voting mechanism. Where other devs would freely distribute their patron builds on this site to garner attention and actively work with people to convince them to donate, he works off the idea of locking builds behind a paywall, and every time someone gets slightly close to a revelation in getting past it, he bumps the difficulty solely to spite us.

With a lowered income from people leaving the money-trap, he'll get more and more desperate until a boiling point is reached and he has to either start pushing out better free updates to recapture his crowd, or revert back to making the game solely out of his own pocket. This is the kind of dev that bumped patron access from $1 to $3 just because there was a market for it. Hell, we might even get cheaper (if not free) cheats.
Or he'll decide it isn't worth his time and move on to something else. If he has a secure 9 to 5 then he really can do what he wants, this game has always been a "for fun" sort of thing as far as i can tell. Not that i agree with his conduct 100% especially the whole "1 code per patron" thing and therefore be able to trace a leak back to a single patron, that really put me off fronting up any money at all, but other than that i can get the idea of wanting to be paid for the time you've put in.

smutcube

Jun 28, 2018
I believe Smutcube said they removed the game from gamejolt because it was too easy for underage people to download it, according to them.
It was more that the underage people were much more apparent on GameJolt. I was an underage person on the internet once, I know that it's futile to try and keep 100% of them away. I just don't want to think about it, and the kinds of posts on GameJolt made that very difficult. So I took it down for my own sanity.

2 Months was the standard, this last update was 3 months since it took longer than I was expecting to add the content I wanted (designing, testing, and balancing 20+ items and the framework to get them in game). This next update will be around 1 Month from the last.

After I am working full time, public releases will naturally be more frequent since I'll have more time to work on them. I'll be aiming for a once a month public release schedule at that point unless there's another big content update which might take 1.5-2 months. I'll be making the change some where between 1-5 months from now depending on how much I can save up.

Your logic is laughable. Imagine a Walmart executive saying "We can make our employees work twice as hard if we pay them half as much. Once we cut their pay they'll get desperate for money and volunteer to work 80 hours a week". I don't have a compulsive need to make games, I like making them but I don't need to make them. Everything in life is a trade off and even hobbies I enjoy come at a price. If the time, frustration, and social costs end up outweighing the fun, educational, and monetary benefits, the logical conclusion is to find something better to do with my time. That's just life, if I had infinite time to do whatever I wanted then it would be a different story, but it's not.

I've already stated my stance on pirating the game, multiple times, so I'm not going to repeat everything. Essentially, if I can do something to protect the value of Patron rewards, then I'm obligated to. There's no spite involved, I started with minimum protections and added new ones after they were proved insufficient purely out of obligation to paying patrons. I'm not going to stop people from pirating access to a beta, but I don't have to make it easy either.

About being greedy: I am organizing my life around making this a full time job since the Patreon hit 2k/month recently. Afterwards I'll be taking a job that pays 24k a year for skilled labor, that has no health insurance, very little job security, and an extra 15% added to my income tax. I fail to see how that's being a "money-grubbing dev", it's financially one of the dumbest moves I could possibly make, I would have a higher effective income working for $9/hr at McDonalds. I'm doing it because I enjoy doing it, I'll set my own hours, work from home, and there's no income ceiling.

Not that i agree with his conduct 100% especially the whole "1 code per patron" thing and therefore be able to trace a leak back to a single patron, that really put me off fronting up any money at all...
That's a fair concern. It's not my intent to track down who's leaked what key. It's ultimately pointless to leak the keys anyway as was demonstrated the last time a key was leaked and it was rejected seconds later by the automated system. I'll be doing away with keys entirely in a future update and moving to some kind of a login authentication which will have a better user experience anyway.

Last edited:

SecretUser1

Jul 16, 2019
I have a question and I don't know where else I could ask it: Is there a list or something of all possible Sex Scenes? I have played the game for a while and I am unsure if I have seen all possible scenes or not. Of course I would like to experience all possible things in the game and also I don't want the creator's work on those scenes to go to waste.

Revamp-iron

Jan 3, 2019
Your logic is laughable. Imagine a Walmart executive saying "We can make our employees work twice as hard if we pay them half as much. Once we cut their pay they'll get desperate for money and volunteer to work 80 hours a week". I don't have a compulsive need to make games, I like making them but I don't need to make them. Everything in life is a trade off and even hobbies I enjoy come at a price. If the time, frustration, and social costs end up outweighing the fun, educational, and monetary benefits, the logical conclusion is to find something better to do with my time. That's just life, if I had infinite time to do whatever I wanted then it would be a different story, but it's not.

I've already stated my stance on pirating the game, multiple times, so I'm not going to repeat everything. Essentially, if I can do something to protect the value of Patron rewards, then I'm obligated to. There's no spite involved, I started with minimum protections and added new ones after they were proved insufficient purely out of obligation to paying patrons. I'm not going to stop people from pirating access to a beta, but I don't have to make it easy either.

About being greedy: I am organizing my life around making this a full time job since the Patreon hit 2k/month recently. Afterwards I'll be taking a job that pays 24k a year for skilled labor, that has no health insurance, very little job security, and an extra 15% added to my income tax. I fail to see how that's being a "money-grubbing dev", it's financially one of the dumbest moves I could possibly make, I would have a higher effective income working for $9/hr at McDonalds. I'm doing it because I enjoy doing it, I'll set my own hours, work from home, and there's no income ceiling.

That's a fair concern. It's not my intent to track down who's leaked what key. It's ultimately pointless to leak the keys anyway as was demonstrated the last time a key was leaked and it was rejected seconds later by the automated system. I'll be doing away with keys entirely in a future update and moving to some kind of a login authentication which will have a better user experience anyway.
I really Appreciate Smutcube's reasoning here. Not every Dev is in it totally for the money. (Though the ones that do make games just for profit are usually pretty easy to sniff out) In any case I appreciate you clearing this up Smutcube, looking forward to the next update!

Reactions: TheAnonymoose19

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
Any plan to add the trap springtrap who got second on the decision poll for 0.09? Would be fun to get her next public release (or the one after, I'm not making decision just giving my personnal and objective opinion) since I assume it will have Mangle scenes in it, so a new (probably optional given her "controversy") character along with scenes from a previously new character lacking content would make a pretty healthy patch I would say after the whole new mechanics we got and the QOL changes

smutcube

Jun 28, 2018
I have a question and I don't know where else I could ask it: Is there a list or something of all possible Sex Scenes? I have played the game for a while and I am unsure if I have seen all possible scenes or not. Of course I would like to experience all possible things in the game and also I don't want the creator's work on those scenes to go to waste.
One femdom scene for each sex bot sans Mangle. Two Threesome scenes (Foxy+Chica and Bonnie+Fredrika). And one maledom scene with Fredrika.

Any plan to add the trap springtrap who got second on the decision poll for 0.09? Would be fun to get her next public release (or the one after, I'm not making decision just giving my personnal and objective opinion) since I assume it will have Mangle scenes in it, so a new (probably optional given her "controversy") character along with scenes from a previously new character lacking content would make a pretty healthy patch I would say after the whole new mechanics we got and the QOL changes
It depends on the way the polling goes. First I'll have a poll with the options of a new character, a new threesome scene, game map overhaul, or a proper android/VR port. If the winner of that poll is the new character option, then another poll will be held to determine between Springtrap and Golden Fredrika.

Rooku

Feb 13, 2018
If the new character is springtrap is it perhaps possible to have an option to enable it either being a trap or futa? the model is just different so I think the rigging animation doesn't need rework? ( I'm not familiar with rigging )

Reactions: Crapcha

Lex3rd2

Jun 13, 2017
One femdom scene for each sex bot sans Mangle. Two Threesome scenes (Foxy+Chica and Bonnie+Fredrika). And one maledom scene with Fredrika.

It depends on the way the polling goes. First I'll have a poll with the options of a new character, a new threesome scene, game map overhaul, or a proper android/VR port. If the winner of that poll is the new character option, then another poll will be held to determine between Springtrap and Golden Fredrika.
Also a question. Why did you removed cheat codes from game?

smutcube

Jun 28, 2018
When is your next update?
I'll send a build to an uploader on Friday. I'm slightly behind schedule. It works out anyway since I don't like releasing a build at the end of the month due to the way Patreon bills people. If you sign up as a Patron on July 31st, you'll be charged again on August 1st, so I avoid doing any promotion at the end of the month.

4.60 star(s) 19 Votes