MoistMeal

Aug 4, 2020
nvm it broke even more, sad times
I hate this game, its too good and so tragic that I cant handle it. im a lighthearted reader, and forgot to read the warnings.

DaoDinhKien

Nov 11, 2017
I hate that steam, EPIC etc. don't allow 18+ games, or are very restrictive about them. It's holding back the 18+ industry SO much, imo. They really need to change their policies and just let people toggle whether they want such games to show up for them or not. Ugh.
No, steam dont ban 18+ games, actually, it has tons of suck games. But steam censorship become weird toward Japanese hentai VN, mostly due to the fact that many famous hentai VN expresses sexual contents about loli/small girls (well, I dont think loli baba could pass their censorship).
Muramasa, for clearly reason, Chacha and Ayane.
Epic, even worse, dont have real 18+ games.
BTW, I think hentai game industry should stay low in underground. Y know what happens when y want your hentai game become recognised and famous in public?? It would cease to be hentai game. Fate series and Grisaia series would be the best examples. They become all age/18- games years ago and I dont think there would be 18+ games from those series anymore.
STEAM IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE FAN OF HENTAI GAMES HAVE TO ACCEPT ITS INCONVINIENT.

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
No, steam dont ban 18+ games, actually, it has tons of suck games. But steam censorship become weird toward Japanese hentai VN, mostly due to the fact that many famous hentai VN expresses sexual contents about loli/small girls (well, I dont think loli baba could pass their censorship).
Muramasa, for clearly reason, Chacha and Ayane.
Epic, even worse, dont have real 18+ games.
BTW, I think hentai game industry should stay low in underground. Y know what happens when y want your hentai game become recognised and famous in public?? It would cease to be hentai game. Fate series and Grisaia series would be the best examples. They become all age/18- games years ago and I dont think there would be 18+ games from those series anymore.
STEAM IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE FAN OF HENTAI GAMES HAVE TO ACCEPT ITS INCONVINIENT.

You do have a point though, although it’s a double edge sword kind of affair, games are needed to be available at steam or GOG to garner some audiences to make it popular and accessible to many people, however when it does acquire attention and becomes a hit, VN/Eroges developers somehow tries to remove most +18 adult content from their games to appease Steam’s guidelines or whatever…

Making their games all ages and much more westernize. Losing that unique Japanese flavor which kind of makes me sad…

I cannot really blame the developer for doing their best to stay afloat and relevant in the industry. You might not notice it due to the many numbers of these games being localized and released each month now but the golden age of Visual Novels/Eroges has long since passed and its now in a decline in Japan. That’s why certain Visual Novels/eroges companies/developers are somehow more open now in localizing their titles for English speaking audiences. So the declined was a blessing in disguise since we get more localized titles coming from JAST USA, Mangagamer, and Sekai Project. Only time can tell I suppose…

Well for me I’m just happy and thankful we now have more Visual Novels/Eroges than ever before to read/play now unlike in the past. Although I’m mad at NekoNyan for being lazy not creating an installer/setup version of Café Stella and the Reapers' Butterflies for its +18 version release on JAST USA and Mangagamer. They did make installer/setup versions of their before but now they’re just plain lazy, tsk tsk…

Hope their games is going to be available at GOG in the future or so…

Reactions: DaoDinhKien

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The world-wide market is just unbelievably massive compared to just the local japanese home market.
Yes, they'll have to slash the price by 20-90%, but if you get an order of magnitude more sales from it, why not.
Eroge are a niche. They have less competition from other genres in there, but: Creating a brand is one of the most difficult, and, if successful, most rewarding endeavours of the industry.
So if an Eroge turns out so popular that it garners some mainstream attention, then taking that created universe and planting it in a more mainstream, less 18+ genre just promises way more profit. Same for taking out some of the 'weirdness'.
Which is a hard proposition to turn down when you life off this work, and usually not in luxury.
Tbf, I don't really even want multiple installations of the same story world in eroge - they tend, as many stories do, to be built around a story arc spanning 1-3 works, and adding any more tends to just drop the quality.

DaoDinhKien

Nov 11, 2017
You do have a point though, although it’s a double edge sword kind of affair, games are needed to be available at steam or GOG to garner some audiences to make it popular and accessible to many people, however when it does acquire attention and becomes a hit, VN/Eroges developers somehow tries to remove most +18 adult content from their games to appease Steam’s guidelines or whatever…

Making their games all ages and much more westernize. Losing that unique Japanese flavor which kind of makes me sad…

I cannot really blame the developer for doing their best to stay afloat and relevant in the industry. You might not notice it due to the many numbers of these games being localized and released each month now but the golden age of Visual Novels/Eroges has long since passed and its now in a decline in Japan. That’s why certain Visual Novels/eroges companies/developers are somehow more open now in localizing their titles for English speaking audiences. So the declined was a blessing in disguise since we get more localized titles coming from JAST USA, Mangagamer, and Sekai Project. Only time can tell I suppose…

Well for me I’m just happy and thankful we now have more Visual Novels/Eroges than ever before to read/play now unlike in the past. Although I’m mad at NekoNyan for being lazy not creating an installer/setup version of Café Stella and the Reapers' Butterflies for its +18 version release on JAST USA and Mangagamer. They did make installer/setup versions of their before but now they’re just plain lazy, tsk tsk…

Hope their games is going to be available at GOG in the future or so…
I already knew that Visual Novels/Eroges games was declined from decades ago.
I also found out that the Visual Novels/Eroges' fans began to expand outside Japan at the same time due to the development of Internet and social network. But it's quite ironic that the Japanese studios couldnt sell their products because of tons of restrictions. Many famous studios from 1990s died out in 2000s. Quite pity. Only recent 2010s, JUST and MG published more major titiles, but still small number of existed VNs.
No one has the right to blame the studios for trying to live. But it's still sad, disappointed and frustrated when your beloved studio/franchise become something you dont like. (my case, it's Alicesoft. After the hit of Rance X, they focus on social games and no more VNs from 2020. Dont even know if they would comeback)
BTW, MG is currently out of hands, JUST seems to be more inactive recently and I dont know any other official publishers in this field. Their progress becomes slow on many current major titles and they may become decade old at the time they will be publised. The future is quite groomy though.

Reactions: BlinkA1

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
I already knew that Visual Novels/Eroges games was declined from decades ago.
I also found out that the Visual Novels/Eroges' fans began to expand outside Japan at the same time due to the development of Internet and social network. But it's quite ironic that the Japanese studios couldnt sell their products because of tons of restrictions. Many famous studios from 1990s died out in 2000s. Quite pity. Only recent 2010s, JUST and MG published more major titiles, but still small number of existed VNs.
No one has the right to blame the studios for trying to live. But it's still sad, disappointed and frustrated when your beloved studio/franchise become something you dont like. (my case, it's Alicesoft. After the hit of Rance X, they focus on social games and no more VNs from 2020. Dont even know if they would comeback)
BTW, MG is currently out of hands, JUST seems to be more inactive recently and I dont know any other official publishers in this field. Their progress becomes slow on many current major titles and they may become decade old at the time they will be publised. The future is quite groomy though.

Speaking of Alicesoft, yeah there was some gacha game elements in Rance X in some of the gameplay. Mangagamer seems to plan in localizing and X. Although I won’t expect it to be out so soon since both of those games are really massive in scope and size…

I think Alicesoft released a newer VN/Eroge and it was localized last year in 2021,

Mangagamer does release VNs/Eroges on a regular interval and most of the games they do release at the moment are the lovey-dovey vanilla types VNs/Eroges since that’s what the people wants. I don’t mind since I like those types of VNs/Eroges time to time. Looking forward for To be available on April 28! Wish they also localized the last episode of kara No Shoujo…

In the past JAST USA is widely known in the VN community for releasing/ localizing VNs/Eroges titles in a slow pace, however just recently they’ve able to release titles continuously starting from 2020 and onward, then some of their titles are in GOG too. Hmm aside from waiting for the final volume of Flowers, there’s one very interesting title I’m waiting to be released. There’s very few information about the game but it’s called and I heard it’s made from the same creator who made

The future for the Eroge Industry might appear bleak and gloomy, nevertheless there’s always hope around the horizon. At least the industry itself is not DEAD yet….

Last edited:

DaoDinhKien

Nov 11, 2017
Speaking of Alicesoft, yeah there was some gacha game elements in Rance X in some of the gameplay. Mangagamer seems to plan in localizing and X. Although I won’t expect it to be out so soon since both of those games are really massive in scope and size…

I think Alicesoft released a newer VN/Eroge and it was localized last year in 2021,

Mangagamer does release VNs/Eroges on a regular interval and most of the games they do release at the moment are the lovey-dovey vanilla types VNs/Eroges since that’s what the people wants. I don’t mind since I like those types of VNs/Eroges time to time. Looking forward for To be available on April 28! Wish they also localized the last episode of kara No Shoujo…

In the past JAST USA is widely known in the VN community for releasing/ localizing VNs/Eroges titles in a slow pace, however just recently they’ve able to release titles continuously starting from 2020 and onward, then some of their titles are in GOG too. Hmm aside from waiting for the final volume of Flowers, there’s one very interesting title I’m waiting to be released. There’s very few information about the game but it’s called and I heard it’s made from the same creator who made

The future for the Eroge Industry might appear bleak and gloomy, nevertheless there’s always hope around the horizon. At least the industry itself is not DEAD yet….
It turned out that Alicesoft still produces VN, as has just released.
It's a good sign. But also, for me, it goes with grim and I dont feel happy about that.
It seems that from now, Alicesoft decided to take priority in profit by hold the licence and do all the work (translation, edition, etc ...) and the publishers like MG, JUST only publish them. It means no uncensorship, as the products are still under licence of Alicesoft - a Japanese company. Alicesoft once said in twitter that they couldnt do anything about that, but actually, they could, as they did as Rance and other games MG licenced from them. They just dont wanna cut profit by giving licence to other party like before. It seems that the change of leader after TADA retirement come with the change of business strategy.
I think it's absurd. Why do we have to suffer the Japanese law while we legally buy a product outside Japan?
Now, Im really worried about the fate of Rance 03 (which MG has not announced licence yet) and Rance 04 (which still has chance to remake).

Reactions: BlinkA1

Turin

Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Anyone knows how to unlock the very last CG in the gallery? Have seen all the main endings.

Edit: nevermind, got it. You need to unlock every other CG in gallery and it unlocks automatically.

Last edited:

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
He used to work for Nitro+? I had no idea.

Yes and he also wrote Saya no Uta according to this article

I ain't saying this is bad, but Gen Urubochi's absence is certainly felt.
There are other great writers working in Nitroplus aside from Gen Urobuchi himself. If you played you'll be able to understand and appreciate the theme of the game more since both of those are written by the same writer which is Narahara Ittetsu who is very well known to write very excessive detail during encounters or swordplay or how a sword technique works to make those scenes look interesting... He is an actual Kendo instructor....

Gen Urobuchi literally specialty blending eldritch nightmares with over the top human tragedy and other hopeless scenarios...

Narahara Ittetsu is kinda bit technical and very expressive on how a certain fighting scene unfolds with excessive detail on swordplay jargon.

It only boils down to personal preference. I like both of their works since most of the VNs that they wrote are masterpiences but their literally specialty differs from each other...

Last edited:

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
It turned out that Alicesoft still produces VN, as has just released.
It's a good sign. But also, for me, it goes with grim and I dont feel happy about that.
It seems that from now, Alicesoft decided to take priority in profit by hold the licence and do all the work (translation, edition, etc ...) and the publishers like MG, JUST only publish them. It means no uncensorship, as the products are still under licence of Alicesoft - a Japanese company. Alicesoft once said in twitter that they couldnt do anything about that, but actually, they could, as they did as Rance and other games MG licenced from them. They just dont wanna cut profit by giving licence to other party like before. It seems that the change of leader after TADA retirement come with the change of business strategy.
I think it's absurd. Why do we have to suffer the Japanese law while we legally buy a product outside Japan?
Now, Im really worried about the fate of Rance 03 (which MG has not announced licence yet) and Rance 04 (which still has chance to remake).

Alicesoft seemed to have figured out that there’s more profit to be had if they themselves will localized/publish their own VNs/Eroges instead of outsourcing it to other companies for translations works such as Mangagamer and JAST USA. That’s their right since they own the game’s IP. Nothing much we can do about that.

Well the English localization/translation of Evenicle 2 seems to be alright and of good quality. Also they even released an installer/setup version Evenicle 2 on both the JAST USA and Mangagamer Storefronts which I really appreciate!

At the very least, just be thankful that Alicesoft even bothers to release their games to western or English speaking audiences in the first place after that issue with Steam being unable to release their games there due to its sexual content or whatever else they deem unsuitable in their platform. I’m already used to seeing mosaic on all the Japanese entertainment medias that I consume. It’s just a minor annoyance at this point. Having a decent translation and being able to play the game with its 18+ contents still intact no cuts is all that matters now…

The first Evenicle was able to be released but not the sequel? It’s pretty hard to keep up with Steam’s Standards with each passing day but many developers embrace those questionable Standards for the sake of allowing their games to be released in the platform since Steam almost monopolizes the entire PC gaming market. They are guaranteed to earn a profit if their titles are feature on Steam. Like you pointed out before that the hentai fans are to be blamed since they prefer using Steam than other platforms. GOG is way better for me than Steam for various reasons… JAST USA and Mangagamer are awesome too!

Speaking of Rance 3, I don’t think MG is going to translate that game just yet since they’re not even done translating Rance IX and Rance 10. Both of those VNs are massive in scale and they got too much on their plates already. It’s a pity since I heard so much interesting stuffs with Rance 3 and its even voiced right?

And I wanna ask something about Rance 4. Are the events there considered cannon?
what I mean is Rance 4 cannon?

DaoDinhKien

Nov 11, 2017
Alicesoft seemed to have figured out that there’s more profit to be had if they themselves will localized/publish their own VNs/Eroges instead of outsourcing it to other companies for translations works such as Mangagamer and JAST USA. That’s their right since they own the game’s IP. Nothing much we can do about that.

Well the English localization/translation of Evenicle 2 seems to be alright and of good quality. Also they even released an installer/setup version Evenicle 2 on both the JAST USA and Mangagamer Storefronts which I really appreciate!

At the very least, just be thankful that Alicesoft even bothers to release their games to western or English speaking audiences in the first place after that issue with Steam being unable to release their games there due to its sexual content or whatever else they deem unsuitable in their platform. I’m already used to seeing mosaic on all the Japanese entertainment medias that I consume. It’s just a minor annoyance at this point. Having a decent translation and being able to play the game with its 18+ contents still intact no cuts is all that matters now…

The first Evenicle was able to be released but not the sequel? It’s pretty hard to keep up with Steam’s Standards with each passing day but many developers embrace those questionable Standards for the sake of allowing their games to be released in the platform since Steam almost monopolizes the entire PC gaming market. They are guaranteed to earn a profit if their titles are feature on Steam. Like you pointed out before that the hentai fans are to be blamed since they prefer using Steam than other platforms. GOG is way better for me than Steam for various reasons… JAST USA and Mangagamer are awesome too!

Speaking of Rance 3, I don’t think MG is going to translate that game just yet since they’re not even done translating Rance IX and Rance 10. Both of those VNs are massive in scale and they got too much on their plates already. It’s a pity since I heard so much interesting stuffs with Rance 3 and its even voiced right?

And I wanna ask something about Rance 4. Are the events there considered cannon?
what I mean is Rance 4 cannon?
with Rance, it's not matter if MG's full hand or not(they announced licience Rance X even before released Sengoku, many complained at that time because of their slow progress), it's that if MG had licienced whole series or not. Because noone announce english Rance 03, even Alicesoft themself. I dont know other reason why Alicesoft has not yet released English Rance 03, but the minor titles like or .
as far as I knew, Rance 4 was pretty much cannon. Many characters and background history began in Rance 4 were still appeared in Rance VI and then. But if remaked, they must change it, like Rance 03.

Sniperviper6

Feb 23, 2022
I've finished the revenge route and I was told I only needed to finish one to access the true route. But no matter what I fucking do I can't access it.

And yes I have followed the two guides that are always posted and still no luck.

Do I have to beat Kanae AND Ichijo route before I can do anything else or....?

Also theres a route for blonde girl. God knows how to access that shit. A lot of options aren't available to me that are in guides. Help?

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
Yes and he also wrote Saya no Uta according to this article

There are other great writers working in Nitroplus aside from Gen Urobuchi himself. If you played you'll be able to understand and appreciate the theme of the game more since both of those are written by the same writer which is Narahara Ittetsu who is very well known to write very excessive detail during encounters or swordplay or how a sword technique works to make those scenes look interesting... He is an actual Kendo instructor....

Gen Urobuchi literally specialty blending eldritch nightmares with over the top human tragedy and other hopeless scenarios...

Narahara Ittetsu is kinda bit technical and very expressive on how a certain fighting scene unfolds with excessive detail on swordplay jargon.

It only boils down to personal preference. I like both of their works since most of the VNs that they wrote are masterpiences but their literally specialty differs from each other...
Everything boils down to personal preference, and my mention of Urubochi wasn't a jab at the current writer. After all, I loved Hanachirasu.

That being said, Urubochi's speciality isn't creating horror, it's creating character drama. Ironically, that's writing 101, something nobody wants to learn. Read Kikokugai and you'll see why I miss the guy. That VN probably has the best intro I've ever seen. Immediately absorption, immediate adrenaline rush. He's also incredibly good at narrative irony.
On top of that, he's just good at getting rid of shxt that drags the typical VN down. The bloated text that plagues Muramasa, for example. Muramasa is so slow and nothing really seems to happen. And the PoV character has to be the most annoying MF I've ever witnessed. Uselessly padded narratives ARE a common problem in VNs, especially the long ones.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
so, whats the CG rip for? is it just the visuals from the story only? just askin.
Probably but even if it is I dont know why you'd want to in this particular case there isn't too much sexy stuff going on.

Better to nut to something else, this is all about that plot.

Pretty good plot btw.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
okay, i just finished the first part, with the kids. is the entire story just like this, all the way through? cause, if so, i'm done.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes