Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
My pessimistic take on this: They are currently making €6,795 per month through Patreon. The moment Yiff~2 is finished, I imagine this number will sharply drop - explaining why they are taking their time.
The thing is, they can keep developing the game after. New character models, work on clothing, accessories and features.

But they need to let this game loose to the community already, so people can start working on their animations. There's a lot of creativity just waiting, locked behind a closed door.

junior20000

Sep 7, 2017
IMHO, there is already enough content in the game for the devs to start working on the physics, mechanics, etc.

I hope they release the game soon and then start releasing cumulative updates.

Reactions: rKnight

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
IMHO, there is already enough content in the game for the devs to start working on the physics, mechanics, etc.

they already work on it, as i know they are only 2, one for the graphics (Dogson) and one dev (Odes)
so it's natural to have one still working on adding model and one working on the physics engine. cuz yes they create a new engine, unity apparently is not good enough.

all the news to the progression of the engine :
just clic on my names in the quotes below in will redirect you on the orginal post (so you can read it i can't post long message or more than 20 images that's why i cut them)
about update progress for the scenery creator :
look your quarantine file

big post about the new engine (have fun reading it)
2 new templates&character and some bug fix
new deer head, deer tail, deer antler, and bovine plantigrade.
a new character made by Dogson :
View attachment 1550029
--------------------------------
some news for the animation system

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
explaining why they are taking their time
If by that you mean slack off till the next 2 generation pops out, then that would be a yes. When did they start this off, 2017? Here we are still. Ah, my great great grandson would have a blast once this comes out, i imagine

...And then some wonder why places like f95 exists to begin with. Among other things.
The thing is, they can keep developing the game after. New character models, work on clothing, accessories and features.
That would be reasonable. But were not dealing with reason here, are we?

They couldnt shut up about "interactions", popped some random news/update bits with that word on the headline and then you read about 5-7 paragraphs worth of something then realize theyve barely gotten anywhere with it. Its almost as if theyre supposed to focus on that to begin with after all these years, what do we think?

"Heres some more shit you couldnt make a real use out of." Neato. See yall in the next 2 years.

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
They couldnt shut up about "interactions", popped some random news/update bits with that word on the headline and then you read about 5-7 paragraphs worth of something then realize theyve barely gotten anywhere with it. Its almost as if theyre supposed to focus on that to begin with after all these years, what do we think?

"Heres some more shit you couldnt make a real use out of." Neato. See yall in the next 2 years.
i just think you don't understand what you've read in theses news, it's understandable.
even the majority won't bother reading (too long, too complicated) they've posted news, why ? too let people know they work, the project is not dead, they advance, that's why.
they don't advance fast in their project yes, but saying they barely gotten anywhere is wrong imo.
In 3/4 year they've created,finished and optimised a fully fonctionnal character maker, like "Poser", not a cranky one with just slider or a selection limited design, no a "Poser" one. i personally think that's incredible.

i understand too people are bored waiting, so they start spiting venom.
Just remember :
-2 men team as far as i know, and just 1 purely on coding, the other is a graphism designer don't think a sec i can help with coding except with giving advice.
-when you're making a program/game you encounter some problem you haven't anticipated, like here the graphical engine of unity is poopy for what they want to make. Or the bank and patreon issue in 2020/2021 .
-48h : is the maximum hours/week you can work legaly in europe (exeption with some job like medical job or cook...)
and trust me a lot of ppl work way way more in game industry inculde the FurryVNE team. the majority of us don't do that ...
-when you didn't see the amount of work it represent to make a game then you don't know, i advice you to take a peek on that.
-and for that damn old argument : "they're making a lot of money so..."
patreon is not really reputed to be a good platform, some dude years ago explained the don't gain as much as their page showing : on their page actually they have 6900 $ so 3450 $ per person so 3090 € just take a programmer : paid around 3200 € if you just start count around 2200 € (and i'm kind of kind here) . not the much as you think it is for this job.

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
Bla bla bla. Sob story about how hard it is to code and various other excuses that we've all heard about for the millionth time when it comes to these kinds of "projects". They got no money from their "backer program" and they still hungry and couldnt buy a snicker. Go make your own project. Ka-ching.

Yeah, we get it. Were always in the wrong and we shouldnt have concerns to begin with. Lets all apologize and insert our card numbers.

Some points, tho;
>"...i understand too people are bored waiting, so they start spiting venom."

"Waiting" would be an insult at this point. Youre trying to flip the cards here, buddy? Then know this; It aint their money thats at stake here.

>"-48h : is the maximum hours/week you can work legaly in europe (exeption with some job like medical job or cook...)
and trust me a lot of ppl work way way more in game industry inculde the FurryVNE team. the majority of us don't do that ...
-when you didn't see the amount of work it represent to make a game then you don't know, i advice you to take a peek on that."

Oh, what are you, NSA or something? You know something about those two behind the scenes that we all dont? Spill it out then. Ill bring a mop and a bucket while youre at it. Besides, they never stated their work hours within parts of the "deal", do they?

>"-and for that damn old argument : "they're making a lot of money so..."
patreon is not really reputed to be a good platform, some dude years ago explained the don't gain as much as their page showing : on their page actually they have 6900 $ so 3450 $ per person so 3090 € just take a programmer : paid around 3200 € if you just start count around 2200 € (and i'm kind of kind here) . not the much as you think it is for this job."

And yet they all flock into it like an unending pack of vultures. Whats your point?

Look, no disrespect to you bro. Youre not the problem here. Seriously, youre not. Ive also had my moments where the mob just seemed unreasonable to begin with. This aint exactly one of those cases.

Also, i dont think any of us here ever said they didnt make any progress. In my case however, since it is my response that youve quoted;

When i say "that" & "it", i was referring to their progress on the interactions system. You know, the main course of the project to begin with? Instead were basically presented with another; "Heres some more shit you couldnt make a real use out of.", because the reasoning here is "Its supposed to have a character creator"....Right then.
Except, theres already a good number of custom characters made and posted on their forums among other places, starting from 2020, So why not start with the interactions from there, mate? People have more than enough parts and options already by that time. But no, ofc not. More crumbs, please. And now here we are.

See, the problem here is their priority setting. Not so much the "lack" of progress.

Again, like Terut mentioned; Its not like they couldnt progress further once the basics are done. (Altough saying that, YL1's pretty much left for dead as soon as it reaches 1.0, so i do have my concerns. Feel free to add another pile of excuse atop of that, something that goes with "its meant to be limited/not as complex as "x", etc)

They couldve went with the interaction systems first, then create and or add more into the customization pile to keep the incentive going. All these years, theyve basically released "dead end" apps with nothing to really do with it. In contrast, back in its earliest stages, YL1 already have a functioning posers, sliders, and characters for us to do fuck all. Later on they add more stuff, from characters, system optimizations, new levels, etc.

Why is this ones supposed to be any diffrent? Especially when the ground for customization has already been established?
This is where were at now.

P.S; If were still gonna be stuck with "barbie-doll-makeover-simulator" in the next 3 months...I dont even know anymore man. But hey, my word & concern dont mean jack shit since i didnt drip feed them my income for 5 years, right?
Imma take a drink, save myself from this tangent-fest trying to explain the obvious.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FuzzyFerret

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
Well, that was a mood and a half. Should someone gets fussy about my tangent there, well, i kinda deserve it tbh.

Either way, just because theyre the ones on the defense here, isnt a good enough excuse to justify them as saints. All too often the mobs gets antagonized without really seeing why theres a mob to begin with. Double-standards, we call em?

Yeah. Cheers.
And see yall in the next 2 years.

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Well, that was a mood and a half. Should someone gets fussy about my tangent there, well, i kinda deserve it tbh.

Either way, just because theyre the ones on the defense here, isnt a good enough excuse to justify them as saints. All too often the mobs gets antagonized without really seeing why theres a mob to begin with. Double-standards, we call em?

Yeah. Cheers.
And see yall in the next 2 years.
srry for your post tl:dr... let's give it a look.

np here bud, aggressive but not insulting all fine =)
i defend them but all can have his opinion on it, not a white knight or something like this.
i never destroy your post or flip the card or even accusing you, for me only the part : "they getting no where" and "their is a problem in priority", is wrong.
the rest is just a reminder, no focus on you especially =)

and no i'm just a patreon, and i follow this program closely i don't have more info than the majority here can acces, since i've posted the update here =)
i've just tried todo a game in a two man team (pixel art and scenarist) so i've see some behind the scene but not in this progam in particular.

For the money i don't see it as an argument, like whatever, but i've added it in an edit cuz i know for some it can be an important point (i still don't see why, some ppl getting paid millions for playing football ... some other litteraly destroy our world and make more money than a country with it ...)

the focus on priority, again, it's something you view that way, but they not.
you want some animation maker, i wanted a CCtool for furry, i totally understand you can be angry, we don't have the same priority =)
making the CCtool first is imo better for a reason : avoid problems after.

bye ! i hope you will enjoy FurryVNE when the update you wanted will appear.

-----------------
OH and i've checked their patreon just now, 2 new post one is news for the interaction&optimization( will post it when i've time), and the other is quite interesting :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if youhave some idear post it, it's now or never =)

Last edited:

foxsicle

Aug 17, 2017
Well, last night i really wanted 'the best furry vr pron' available and gavem the 12$ I dunno why i assumed it had to be more than just an editor still, with some interactions or anymore similiar content.
Yeah, what theyve got done looks quite nice... but, ive yet to do much with it as being limited to just screenshots afterwards for who knows how much longer makes my dik the big sads.
I was also expecting to get to browse thru lots of others uploaded interactions like the og, the sooner they at least let people make content that way they better... I cancelled shortly after, should of checked here like i almost always do first.
Just so i could of supported other creators i like that another 12$ still means something.
Oh whelp! nuff said.
9e0v5lzvok881.jpg

SaltyMan69

Mar 2, 2020
Man, I used to follow their updates for YL2 on the forums like weekly, they stopped doing them and moved stuff to the discord a little, then it all got locked up behind patreon. How the hell are we supposed ot see if any form of significant updates are happening if we cant get decent posts on social media or the forums without coughing up a dollar every single time?
It's been like 2 years since what I described happened and they still dont have an animator? Man can someone explain
why they're moving at a seemingly Snails pace compared to when they used to post on the forums? back then it seemed
like break through after breakthrough but now meh.

SaltyMan69

Mar 2, 2020

They've already been working on character physics and stuff like the soft bodies and all that stuff
I don't see why they don't just use what they have and make the animator. They probably promised too much
and made their scope too big internally cause they seemed to do the animation stuff just fine for YL1, whats different?

Reactions: junior20000

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
Man, I used to follow their updates for YL2 on the forums like weekly, they stopped doing them and moved stuff to the discord a little, then it all got locked up behind patreon.
Text updates were made when nothing else was possible to offer. Once releases were possible, you can follow the progress by reading the release notes which are and always have been public:

How the hell are we supposed ot see if any form of significant updates are happening if we cant get decent posts on social media or the forums without coughing up a dollar every single time?
You can follow the release notes:

You can also follow on social media or furaffinity:

It's been like 2 years since what I described happened and they still dont have an animator? Man can someone explain why they're moving at a seemingly Snails pace compared to when they used to post on the forums?
Not having animator implemented

is not equal to

Snails pace

The bank story caused different priority. Clothing and custom offsets were the major features of 2021. With that implemented, work is now focused on the animation systems. ¹

[1]

they seemed to do the animation stuff just fine for YL1, whats different?
The systems behind the animation is completely different. Yiffalicious was very limited in what you can do. The next animation system is physically based using custom physics engine. Previous limitations lifted, new things possible and more compelling animation.

SaltyMan69

Mar 2, 2020
Text updates were made when nothing else was possible to offer. Once releases were possible, you can follow the progress by reading the release notes which are and always have been public:

You can follow the release notes:

You can also follow on social media or furaffinity:

Not having animator implemented

is not equal to

Snails pace

The bank story caused different priority. Clothing and custom offsets were the major features of 2021. With that implemented, work is now focused on the animation systems. ¹

[1]

The systems behind the animation is completely different. Yiffalicious was very limited in what you can do. The next animation system is physically based using custom physics engine. Previous limitations lifted, new things possible and more compelling animation.
As someone who followed exclusively the forums before the information posting switched over to discord and patreon
they didn't make a post telling you that the flow of updates would be available on the fvne website or that there even was one this is news to me. Also The FVNE website is only accessible if you login with patreon and for some reason that link you posted is the only page you dont have to login to patreon with, so it exists on its own island and is undiscoverable especially since I only knew to check the forums that were once actively updated.

Also, why is there so much focus on making new characters and headtypes when we alreadyhave so much diversity potential in the game already? People could feasibly just make the new characters with the freedom they have if they wanted in so many ways so why not just go back to focusing on the animation and physics like the forum posts were when they chruned out update after update about soft body systems and all these things? What's stopping them from just getting the game playable first and then updating all this little stuff afterwards? It's been like over 3 years already since the forums stuff and it's still not playable, and yeah I was at least aware of the bank situation but the patreon seems to be doing really well and presumably new staff members sine so what's the holdup?

From my perception, when we were still on Yiffalicious1 the only other significant competitor that was asking for money was like Cathouse tales and they promised all these things and it looked pretty on the surface but then they just kept taking the money for a long time and making no updates for a long long time until it just randomly exploded one day from some internal discourse. At the time I was thinking, well wow at least we have this other game thats doing more that's great and they're mostly doing that for free. So when YL2 was announced and the good forum updates came I was pretty stoked but, why does it seem like things have sort have slowed down in regards to more substantial progress on the game. Surely you can understand my concern having shared about Cathouse tales with YL2/FVNE being effectively the same for the past 2 years at least? Every so often I check in to see how the new builds doing and no animator idk.

There's also been no confirmation for the people that liked the VR aspects of YL1 if that will even return in some way, which yeah I understand the animtor has to be finished first but, again years later no answer for if it's even an interest anymore at this point.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: catsdino

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
As someone who followed exclusively the forums before the information posting switched over to discord and patreon
they didn't make a post telling you that the flow of updates would be available on the fvne website or that there even was one this is news to me. Also The FVNE website is only accessible if you login with patreon and for some reason that link you posted is the only page you dont have to login to patreon with, so it exists on its own island and is undiscoverable especially since I only knew to check the forums that were once actively updated.
Release notes are and always have been public. They're published with every new release publicly on patreon:

Twitter has been linked on several occasions in posts.

Also, why is there so much focus on making new characters and headtypes when we alreadyhave so much diversity potential in the game already?
Work is done in parallel.

"We're not working on body parts instead of interactions, we're working on both things at the same time! " ¹

[1]

Dogson works on new content while interactions are worked on in the meantime.

People could feasibly just make the new characters with the freedom they have if they wanted in so many ways so why not just go back to focusing on the animation and physics like the forum posts were when they chruned out update after update about soft body systems and all these things? What's stopping them from just getting the game playable first and then updating all this little stuff afterwards? It's been like over 3 years already since the forums stuff and it's still not playable, and yeah I was at least aware of the bank situation but the patreon seems to be doing really well and presumably new staff members sine so what's the holdup?
There needs to be characters before you can add them into an interaction. As soon as the character editor was done, work on interactions continued.

From my perception, when we were still on Yiffalicious1 the only other significant competitor that was asking for money was like Cathouse tales and they promised all these things and it looked pretty on the surface but then they just kept taking the money for a long time and making no updates for a long long time until it just randomly exploded one day from some internal discourse. At the time I was thinking, well wow at least we have this other game thats doing more that's great and they're mostly doing that for free. So when YL2 was announced and the good forum updates came I was pretty stoked but, why does it seem like things have sort have slowed down in regards to more substantial progress on the game. Surely you can understand my concern having shared about Cathouse tales with YL2/FVNE being effectively the same for the past 2 years at least? Every so often I check in to see how the new builds doing and no animator idk.
How you choose to feel about something is up to you. Updates and builds are consistent, transparent and more frequent than most other projects though.

There's also been no confirmation for the people that liked the VR aspects of YL1 if that will even return in some way, which yeah I understand the animtor has to be finished first but, again years later no answer for if it's even an interest anymore at this point.
The team has repeatedly said that VR will be implemented after interactions.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes