Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
They are making more than 6K euros per month while essentially producing nothing.
They're producing builds with new content at a faster rate than most other projects while at the same time developing new technology and showcasing that. That's not "producing nothing".

It's funny how you're bringing this up for this project considering how there's other projects that haven't had any visible progress or any new builds IN YEARS and yet earn more money.

it feels like freakin No Mans Sky!
I haven't played No Mans Sky, but afaik they turned that development around and now people view it very favorably, showing that as long as you keep working on something it can turn out great.

They are at the point where they dont need to do anything and money will flow in
First of all - even if this was true - so what? What people choose to spend their money on is their business.

Second of all - they're getting less and less money every month. The overall trend has been downward ever since they started developing FurryVNE.

Also, you're avoiding the question. Unless you're willing to bet money that FurryVNE somehow would be making less money once sex is implemented, you're full of shit.

Fact is they're trying to innovate and push technology and they are punished for doing so. Fact is you could just create some static sex animation and paywall it and earn more than what these guys are doing.

Wonder why there's hardly any projects such as this? Read the above paragraph again.

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
I haven't played No Mans Sky, but afaik they turned that development around and now people view it very favorably, showing that as long as you keep working on something it can turn out great.

Wonder why there's hardly any projects such as this? Read the above paragraph again.
i've played no man sky and followed the game dev a bit.
the comparison he made with no man's sky is completely out of topic, but i understand why he make dis :
the team leader make promise the dev can't keep with their deadline, huge project huge ambition but way too short in time, the management sucks, a lot of things missing, and, a lot of misleading thing by the marketing team and the heads of the project.

They are making more than 6K euros per month while essentially producing nothing. Theres more PR talk than content, it feels like freakin No Mans Sky!
if you compare FurryVNE and no man's sky, that mean you can compare anything with everything
well i exaggerated a bit... but you get the idear, just don't do it without explanation of you have in mind :
in no man's sky :
-huge team
-the game dev was obscur like the majority of big games, just teasing, and speaking about but 0 content show; no constant news of the project.
-the founding system was a standard one, they have x money to make it, nothing more and ofc you don't know how many.
-it have deadlines (and harsh one, like Cyberpunk)

and USE YOUR BRAIN CELLS now :
on FurryVNE:
-small team (1 dev, 1graphic designer that's all)
- you have the global roadline : CCtools then Animation tools then Visual novel maker, but nothing more, and ofc you have the content they show you.
-the founding system is essencialy patreon : ppl pays them you know how many they have for it, but don't forget they need to live with too... not all the money goes in the game
- no deadlines, it's done when it's done

so essentially you blag by lying. absolutely no matter to spit on
"they've done nothing" : wrong follow their twitter, pay to see the post on patreon, or ask here instead of lying cuz you don't know
"the dev is long just for milking" : wrong, look the other game dev you will see they are faster than most of them (same team size same project size), here you just say that because it's crowd funded and you don't know a things about development of a game so you assume it's long because : a team of 200 dudes have made a game in less than 2 years/ you saw a man alone done a game in less than a year. both case you just fools yourself on sooo many things because again : YOU DON'T KNOW.
if you don't know don't speak, inform yourself before.

ukio000998

Mar 21, 2022
...wat?

Also, VAM's a major pain in the ass to use. Not meant to be user friendly, iirc. Really gotta dig into the thing to make proper use out of it (Or use someone elses work and play it from there). And, yes afaik you can import models into it as opposed to YL2....supposedly.

As far as the whole physics "engine" *wheeze* here works, they aint done with it yet...thats all there is to it atm that you need to know.
At least VAM has a working engine that you can mess around with. While VNE still using baked effects that look cartoony.

Load VNE models in DAZ3D/Blender with baked soft body sim, The models crack & glitch cause most of them are early PS4 level at best(100k triangles) while at worst are PS2 level(40k triangles).

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
While VNE still using baked effects that look cartoony.
You're conflating graphics with art direction.

Load VNE models in DAZ3D/Blender with baked soft body sim, The models crack & glitch cause most of them are early PS4 level at best(100k triangles) while at worst are PS2 level(40k triangles).
Fucking hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen such densely packed incompetence before. This guy doesn't know anything about DirectX triangle winding, vertex welding or tessellation, and also somehow confuses higher triangle count with things glitching less in a soft body sim? Bitch, WTF. In soft body sims you even use REDUCE the mesh density in order to make the sim operate with better stability and less performance impact, using cages and mesh deformer to affect the source mesh.

The reason there are cracks in a model exported from Unity is because it is in its raw form, i.e. the triangles are prepared for GPU rendering. Any model from any game exported in this form would have cracks.

To remove the cracks, you would need to weld the vertices. Any 3D application can do this.

Also, models in FurryVNE use tessellation, meaning the triangle count is up in the millions once rendered. You can see this if you use inflation that the shape is very smooth and round.

Please read up on what you're talking about before humiliating yourself in front of everyone.

Or don't. I'll happily expose your ineptitude at any time.

Last edited:

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
They're producing builds with new content at a faster rate than most other projects while at the same time developing new technology and showcasing that. That's not "producing nothing".
When you say faster rate do you mean actual people who promised a game within a year and delivered or stuff like Rack2? For the latter one sure they work faster but for the first they arent doing anything.

I like how you just cut down the important part here, the reason why i compared it to No Mans Sky that PR disaster because its the same deal. All talk about the improvements and such but theres virtually nothing to see, the money just keeps flowing in but for what and where, who knows?

if you compare FurryVNE and no man's sky, that mean you can compare anything with everything
You are missing my point there and by quite large margin. I could have brought up any game or product in existance, the point was that we all get these lovely notes on what happens, whats going on but no one really sees it turning into a game as we only have talk for us and the hope that we didnt fall into a sunken cost fallacy.

Like all the steam greenlight pages, we have these showcases and promises its a game and yet after years you still dont see anything else just an "in making" message.

But you know what, lets say that im wrong and this game really progresses. Compared to Yifflacious the original, in the last 3 years how close did this get to become playable like that one? When was the last update in this 5 year period that last ticked out an important milestone to completion and how long was it after the previous one?

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
When you say faster rate do you mean actual people who promised a game within a year and delivered or stuff like Rack2? For the latter one sure they work faster but for the first they arent doing anything.
I mean that builds with new content are produced more frequently as compared to many other projects. Sure, R2CK is definitely among them as that project hasn't had any new build in years.

I like how you just cut down the important part here, the reason why i compared it to No Mans Sky that PR disaster because its the same deal. All talk about the improvements and such but theres virtually nothing to see, the money just keeps flowing in but for what and where, who knows?
Where does the money keep flowing? idk, maybe the new stuff they keep releasing and the new stuff they keep showing that they're working on? lmao.

But you know what, lets say that im wrong and this game really progresses. Compared to Yifflacious the original, in the last 3 years how close did this get to become playable like that one? When was the last update in this 5 year period that last ticked out an important milestone to completion and how long was it after the previous one?
imo you're doing the same mistake as some other people have in here - you're equating not having interactions with having zero progress. Are you aware they just started working on interactions this last autumn? Are you aware there have been major milestones for the character creator throughout the years? Are you aware they keep showing progress made on interactions consistently? This has already been discussed.

Your OPINION can certainly be that nothing of value TO YOU has been made in those years, but that isn't the same thing.

Dark_Messiah

Apr 19, 2017
I mean that builds with new content are produced more frequently as compared to many other projects. Sure, R2CK is definitely among them as that project hasn't had any new build in years.

Where does the money keep flowing? idk, maybe the new stuff they keep releasing and the new stuff they keep showing that they're working on? lmao.

imo you're doing the same mistake as some other people have in here - you're equating not having interactions with having zero progress. Are you aware they just started working on interactions this last autumn? Are you aware there have been major milestones for the character creator throughout the years? Are you aware they keep showing progress made on interactions consistently? This has already been discussed.

Your OPINION can certainly be that nothing of value TO YOU has been made in those years, but that isn't the same thing.

IMO he does have a point though, the character creator is fleshed out well enough by now, it's time they started working on the game part, you know the part they said they'd release at the end of 2018 lol. The game does have progress, but for the past 4 years all of that progress was on the character creator alone, they should've started working on the basic foundation of the gameplay years ago. The character creator can always be built upon and extended later. And now, if and when they start making the gameplay part, they will need years longer, they just keep adding more and more to the character creator in an unending spiral, this will be another duke nukem forever, it'll be released in 10 more years at this rate, and that is if the devs don't burn out by then.

This is why, you make a proper development timeline and stick to it, once the timeline is done with, only then do you extend the scope further. And don't get me wrong, i do think that the character creator is amazing, but the majority of the features could've been added later down the line, once the basics of the gameplay, maps, interactions were already in.

Last edited:

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
At least VAM has a working engine that you can mess around with. While VNE still using baked effects that look cartoony.
Had me in the first half, ngl. But i seriously cant track the logic you have here afterwards, dude;

This isnt how it works, yknow. Even if i hated how this crap-fest had been...

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
IMO he does have a point though, the character creator is fleshed out well enough by now, it's time they started working on the game part, you know the part they said they'd release at the end of 2018 lol. The game does have progress, but for the past 4 years all of that progress was on the character creator alone, they should've started working on the basic foundation of the gameplay years ago. The character creator can always be built upon and extended later. And now, if and when they start making the gameplay part, they will need years longer, they just keep adding more and more to the character creator in an unending spiral, this will be another duke nukem forever, it'll be released in 10 more years at this rate, and that is if the devs don't burn out by then.

This is why, you make a proper development timeline and stick to it, once the timeline is done with, only then do you extend the scope further. And don't get me wrong, i do think that the character creator is amazing, but the majority of the features could've been added later down the line, once the basics of the gameplay, maps, interactions were already in.
Bruh, what do you think i have been trying to get across the last time i had a part in this circus of a convo? But yeah, basically the gist of it.

Now see if itd make any difference, much less taken into consideration like the rest whom had seen the same issue....And boi, theres a good number of em.

Reactions: tester72

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017

it's better they've done the CCTools first, it's simpler in numerous way and it was the major add comparated to yiifalicious.
he/she started working on the animation 8 month ago and stopped working on the CCTools 6 month ago actually, odes is 100% dedicated to the animation.

they have a proper dev roadmap don't worry about it ... but it can't prevent to having problems during the process of game creation, like the bank issue (bank don't like furry and xxx games, that's why they changed the name and added the VNE in their roadmap) or the graphic engine limitation.
They resolve theses problems before moving on the next task. Sure it feel that's they don't progress much, but i can assure you in the end it's faster and avoid theses problems making more problems after.
imo if you just sticking strictly to your roadmap/timeline, your going directly in a wall, it's essential to have it don't get me wrong.
got tons of exemple of studio who it the wall because they've said we making "this" today and tomorrow we work on "that", but have'nt finished working on "this" and got big problems the next day when they start "that" because "this" is not finished, and ending in a mess because both "this and that" are half backed, but continue in their messy dev because, they stick to their program and don't solve what is apparently not a major issue. so yup it's important to "scope further".

they have their way to see how they make their game. you have yours and you think your way is better than their, it's fine.
i will stop here, i'm kind of tired arguing , it doesn't change how you view this project anyway : " it's a cashgrab ", " this is basically a Daz3D demo ","it will be a VR chat", "their priorities are wrong" , " i won't spend a penny on this crappy 4 years old alpha", "lol they making more than 6k on patreon but haven't done anything"

have a good day =)

Monoworks

May 4, 2021
FurryVNE 2022-05-30

I am also eager to see the animation tools! Is it foolish to wait so long? Probably! But I will continue to support them so you do not have to.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes