Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

junior20000

Sep 7, 2017
FurryVNE 2022-05-30

Pixeldrain

I am also eager to see the animation tools! Is it foolish to wait so long? Probably! But I will continue to support them so you do not have to.
I know that feeling, man. It is even more desperate when you see that Yiffalicious is almost dying, and every day that passes, we have fewer uploads.

Do they have a roadmap or an expected date for the animation system release?

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
I know that feeling, man. It is even more desperate when you see that Yiffalicious is almost dying, and every day that passes, we have fewer uploads.

Do they have a roadmap or an expected date for the animation system release?
well yiffalicious is finished this is the 2nd opus so ...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior20000
Apr 10, 2022
Thank you Monoworks!

I have a question; Does it happen to you the previews never work, you have to test every single one to know what you're picking up. Also, when you choose any type of hands or feet they look comically small or huge and lacking of details?

I'm trying to understand this but it just goes so weird looking in my opinion. And I never could make a nice with this, every head model has huge cheeks I can't reduce, maybe there's some tool I'm missing. xD

I'm still eager to see some physics in action in here! Still returning to YF1 tho to animate quick and stuff.

1656398457805.png

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
Thank you Monoworks!

I have a question; Does it happen to you the previews never work, you have to test every single one to know what you're picking up. Also, when you choose any type of hands or feet they look comically small or huge and lacking of details?

I'm trying to understand this but it just goes so weird looking in my opinion. And I never could make a nice with this, every head model has huge cheeks I can't reduce, maybe there's some tool I'm missing. xD

I'm still eager to see some physics in action in here! Still returning to YF1 tho to animate quick and stuff.

View attachment 1894493
Looks like you're using really odd scaling for the hands? Maybe fingers too?

A tip is to choose parts first, then body type/sliders, and lastly start messing with scaling. You can reset all scaling and shape props by going to Advanced > Custom offsets > Reset.

Reactions: Not-a-Username
Apr 10, 2022
Looks like you're using really odd scaling for the hands? Maybe fingers too?

A tip is to choose parts first, then body type/sliders, and lastly start messing with scaling. You can reset all scaling and shape props by going to Advanced > Custom offsets > Reset.
Thanks I haven't thought of that before, I'll try to see how it goes.

Do you now if it-s a known bug to have no previews on the parts window? I believe it only appears partially when you select additional elements like ears or tails. But on hands, feet, heads, it always appears white for me. :0

And well, both hands and fingers were to the max scale, yet, they all look tiny on the characters, even on this small character.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Thanks I haven't thought of that before, I'll try to see how it goes.

Do you now if it-s a known bug to have no previews on the parts window? I believe it only appears partially when you select additional elements like ears or tails. But on hands, feet, heads, it always appears white for me. :0

And well, both hands and fingers were to the max scale, yet, they all look tiny on the characters, even on this small character.
it's know bug.
for the hand, you use an already custom character, that's why, try a "grey" template instead of using a character blblbl.png

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022
it's know bug.
for the hand, you use an already custom character, that's why, try a "grey" template instead of using a character
Interesting, I've been trying this thing for some long hours and still I can-t get it right, it seems there are no may controls for some heads or faces, nor detailed hands to work this out

I tried to do some Flamedramon but I can-t get anything acceptable, the tail doesn-t have physics either nor controls to bend it properly, there are no claws either to chose from. XD

1656754205320.png

• Hey there
Reactions: FuzzyFerret

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Interesting, I've been trying this thing for some long hours and still I can-t get it right, it seems there are no may controls for some heads or faces, nor detailed hands to work this out

I tried to do some Flamedramon but I can-t get anything acceptable, the tail doesn-t have physics either nor controls to bend it properly, there are no claws either to chose from. XD

View attachment 1902043
tails will comme with the animation update, why ?
cuz it's all related with the physic system, (i'm busy RN, use search on this tread to have more info)

if you are exacting like me and unlike me you have time to learn, go on blender and try to make your own offset =)

make a turn on their discord too or look at the cloud : some artist can help you getting better (especially Vandred, Blacky and Cracket or Spyro-dragon)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Not-a-Username
Apr 10, 2022
new patreon post about physic engine and technical issue :
video dev blog :
Mega

link of the unity bug :
Thanks for the info!

Sometimes, I wonder, what would it be like if this game was made on Unreal Engine, I know its a different tech and maybe politics, dunno, but just wonder about it.

Apr 10, 2022
tails will comme with the animation update, why ?
cuz it's all related with the physic system, (i'm busy RN, use search on this tread to have more info)

if you are exacting like me and unlike me you have time to learn, go on blender and try to make your own offset =)

make a turn on their discord too or look at the cloud : some artist can help you getting better (especially Vandred, Blacky and Cracket or Spyro-dragon)
Believe me I wish I had the time, I do have Blender 3 downloaded like... few weeks ago and been hoarding posts and trying to get into it, and maybe sometime I will, I-d like to do 3D commishes sometime. But darn, I just learned some 3Ds Max back in then and this feels weird to test, also office time consumes me a lot. But, yeah!, totally worth the try, Thanks for the suggestion! <3

Reactions: FuzzyFerret

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Sometimes, I wonder, what would it be like if this game was made on Unreal Engine, I know its a different tech and maybe politics, dunno, but just wonder about it.
I doubt it would have made a difference. Generally speaking, when you go between engines or frameworks all that winds up happening is that you throw away much of your prior knowledge and experience in exchange for a whole different set of bugs and quirks.

Apr 10, 2022
I doubt it would have made a difference. Generally speaking, when you go between engines or frameworks all that winds up happening is that you throw away much of your prior knowledge and experience in exchange for a whole different set of bugs and quirks.
I mean, it feels YF2 a.k.a. FurryVNE is written from the ground up, but from what I've seen lately from Unreal, it feels it flows better than Unity in various aspects, also that UE can be highly customizable for a wide variety of devices, and its ultimate version UE5, feels like a jewel for VR and amazing stuff.

Again, I'm not pro on any of these engines, but I just feel it has higher amount of characteristics found in UE5 than in Unity.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I mean, it feels YF2 a.k.a. FurryVNE is written from the ground up, but from what I've seen lately from Unreal, it feels it flows better than Unity in various aspects, also that UE can be highly customizable for a wide variety of devices, and its ultimate version UE5, feels like a jewel for VR and amazing stuff.

Again, I'm not pro on any of these engines, but I just feel it has higher amount of characteristics found in UE5 than in Unity.
Even so, the developers have years of experience working with Unity. Switching to Unreal would require them to learn a whole new set of tools and also a different programming language. FurryVNE has to do some pretty advanced stuff to get itself working, and the developers having an intimate understanding of Unity is one of the things that make their custom components (like what they're doing with soft body physics) possible.

Just consider how it feels when you switch to a different piece of software in a particular domain (Photoshop to GIMP, Premiere Pro to DaVinci Resolve, Microsoft Office to LibreOffice, Windows to macOS/Linux, etc.). It basically does the same thing in the long run, but getting to your previous level of mastery takes time. The same is true here. The same concepts often apply, but you'll suddenly need to figure out how to get from point A to point B again, and even doing basic tasks can take quite a bit of discovery.

UE5 isn't really relevant here as it didn't exist when YL2's development started. Moving between major engine releases in mid-development is almost never a good idea. Even moving between different UE4 releases could cause major headaches, so if we lived in an alternate timeline where YL2 was started on UE4 it would almost certainly stay there.

It's also worth noting that the specific features you brought up (multi-platform and good VR support) are features of both engines. Unity can publish to any platform from desktop to mobile to your web browser, and it's very prolific in the VR space (popular examples: H3VR, Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, Boneworks, and even most of Valve's "The Lab" VR demo). Despite it being the poster child for shitty asset flips, Unity is a solid, feature-rich game engine.

tl;dr: the important part is that the engine has the features the developers need and that they can work efficiently with it. In YL2's case, Unity ticks both boxes.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes