Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

FlamesOfFury

May 4, 2017
Yo what alpha map did you use for this?

It takes some time to make a character look good, the texturing is tedious to work with and the fluff breaks once you exit the game and have to reapply the alphas everytime you reload but all in all I think it looks good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: It turns out that aving the character reloads the alphas, no need to reapply them.

Last edited:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017

It takes some time to make a character look good, the texturing is tedious to work with and the fluff breaks once you exit the game and have to reapply the alphas everytime you reload but all in all I think it looks good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: It turns out that aving the character reloads the alphas, no need to reapply them.
Hope you plan on sharing this when the cloud goes live, good shit.

Cologar

May 2, 2018
I hope that they will implement a sort of copy paste function, for when you want to replicate characters in the same positions or something. I recently learned how to use Yiffalicious 1.0 and thats just one of my suggestions for the next game.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Stealth_

Aug 10, 2019
Virt-a-Mate is leagues ahead of this, has a bigger/better community, a much more transparent dev team and $8/month pledge gets you the highest tier...
Virt-A-Mate is also hell to use without VR, that, and like Honey Select, there is no decent support for furries, something this game is very clearly intended for. For all the money furries throw around, they have been stuck in the warp when it comes to 3d games, with the only decent-ish option being the astoundingly hideous and janky Rack 2.

Vasshu za

Oct 15, 2017
Virt-A-Mate is also hell to use without VR, that, and like Honey Select, there is no decent support for furries, something this game is very clearly intended for. For all the money furries throw around, they have been stuck in the warp when it comes to 3d games, with the only decent-ish option being the astoundingly hideous and janky Rack 2.
Exactly!

Styl1sh

Feb 15, 2018
VaM is a hell to use even in vr, and the experience itself is (imo) subpar.

nanajosh

Jul 18, 2017
They're very secretive about everything. For most of the 2 years they never gave ANY news updates on progress other than to patrons (I think, I'm not one) until they finally decided to start posting progress on their website. Even now their lowest Patreon tier is $3 and all that gets you is news/images/videos. The minimum for a download link is $12/month...
Yeah they just announced on their discord they will ban anyone who asks other patreon members for a free copy. I like what The Future Fragments Team stated in one of their demos about piracy. It's a bit lengthy but here it is.

Generally people fall into three categories when it comes to piracy;
  • Have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, it's not to their taste, so they don't support it.
  • Have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, enjoy it lots, but they don't support it anyways or they're waiting for a final release.
  • Have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, enjoy it lots, end up supporting it.
Situations 1 and 2 are no loss to us, because they wouldn't have supported it anyways, and situation #3 just means we gained another pledge/supporter thanks to piracy. It's a complete win/win for us.

There's one more remaining situation, in that someone is interested in your game PRIOR to playing it, but then they pirate it and they feel it's not deserving of your money, and that's mainly on you, as the developer, to make your game better so that situations of that nature are few and far between. If someone's initially interested from your screenshots, description, and videos or animations, and you still lose their interest after trying it out, then that's definitely on you, the dev.

So going from that, our general thoughts with piracy are;
  • There's no point in fighting it, because it's unwinnable and just a huge waste of effort/time especially if we were to do it for every monthly demo
  • Some people are in parts of the world or in situations where they simply can't use Patreon to get the latest build, and we want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy our games (legally, of course, we don't want anyone underage or getting arrested for playing them due to their country's laws!
  • Piracy is a neutral or a win situation for us for the monthly demos, exceptionally rarely is it a loss
That said, we would like to ask that when the full version's out, people do hold off on pirating it at least for a month or so, because that's when the majority of sales are made, and while we're not trying to be greedy, we do want to continue to make games of this nature and quality and to do that we need a lot of money to afford said assets and to keep us going.
I became a patreon supporter of them before reading this but honestly this makes me want to support them even more. To many people expect to get paid to try a demo or an unfinished product when that's kind BS. Before becoming a patreon supporter of theirs I did try their public demo and enjoyed that FUCK out of it. If more devs. were this transparant with their product they will see more support and a larger following base.

totesmyname

Jun 23, 2018
great to see the update. enjoyed viewing scenes in the first a lot, can't wait to see what comes out of this one

bvctr

Jul 15, 2017
Virt-A-Mate is also hell to use without VR
That's always going to be a problem - you're interacting with a 3D space on a 2D screen. That being said, I spend most of my time in the desktop mode, you do get used to it.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
I hope this will have something more than just a scene builder. Looks good though.
the first one is just a scene builder (not my cup of tea), this one will be a scene builder too but you have a character creator with it, and the character creator is really goood for a first release...
for me i hope they will update the character creator to make it more noob friendly to use and have more slider&option to customise your characters

armetyle0

Mar 8, 2019
the first one is just a scene builder (not my cup of tea), this one will be a scene builder too but you have a character creator with it, and the character creator is really goood for a first release...
for me i hope they will update the character creator to make it more noob friendly to use and have more slider&option to customise your characters
Indeed.
I do wish for more options and even preset characters, at least the ones you had in the first one.
That said they really need to work on hair and tail as it is/looks so much worse than in the first project like adding dynamics to it.
I know it's a demo, not even an Alha, but right now you really need to know what to do to do basically anything.
I still haven't managed to color even one model fully since it's such a pain.
Also I hope they add more races for preset types so you don't have to micromanage blank slate models every time.

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes