MingXiao

Aug 9, 2021
Well so many patches in and we still have not gotten a black futanari. The shopkeeper is not black for those who wonder, she could perhaps be mixed and whatnot but I think black futanari characters should be in to add more flavour to the game.

Jul 22, 2019
Well so many patches in and we still have not gotten a black futanari. The shopkeeper is not black for those who wonder, she could perhaps be mixed and whatnot but I think black futanari characters should be in to add more flavour to the game.
Imagine a QoS route :love:. There could be ntr mixed in it as well, a futa with a bbc stealing you from another.

sicklysweet

May 17, 2020
There's the somewhat problematic concerns of depicting a black futa, when the futa of this universe are generally known to be violent rapists, supremacists, or otherwise scary people. Which isn't to say it can't be done, just might need to be handled more carefully.

Still. I'm hoping to see something good there too.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
There's the somewhat problematic concerns of depicting a black futa, when the futa of this universe are generally known to be violent rapists, supremacists, or otherwise scary people. Which isn't to say it can't be done, just might need to be handled more carefully.

Why should depicting a black futa be handled more carefully? Why can white futas be depicted as degenerate, rapist, supremacist and scary without any problems? But once the skin color changes to brown, the dev is suddenly walking on eggshells to not make the character problematic and not offend anyone.

Actual racist take lol

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I always thought she was indian or hispanic.
One thing doesn't exclude the other. Black is a skin color while being indian or hispanic is about her ascendency.

Kinda weird take there...:oops:

Reactions: Thecatbred

sicklysweet

May 17, 2020
Why should depicting a black futa be handled more carefully? Why can white futas be depicted as degenerate, rapist, supremacist and scary without any problems? But once the skin color changes to brown, the dev is suddenly walking on eggshells to not make the character problematic and not offend anyone.
Because the internet plays host to many people of a more delicate disposition. Many of those people would, if they happened across the game, take it as an offense and raise a fuss. Nobody wants that.

Actual racist take lol
Don't be a dick.

Edit: Clarifying.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: dersp
Jul 22, 2019
Because the internet plays host to many people of a more delicate disposition. Many of those people would, if they happened across the game, take it as an offense and raise a fuss.
I think people like those are a very vocal minority. The more you pander to those snowflakes the more power they think they have. So I agree with itsyeboii in the sense that creators should neither feel the need to nor actually be more "careful" when depicting certain characters that way. Let 'em throw a tantrum if they want. Nobody should give a fuck. And anyway I doubt that is the reason the creators didn't depict any black characters so there's no point talking about this. Lets move on.

Hero sama

Jan 4, 2020

Actual racist take lol
Humans are creatures that are good at learning.
Clearly, the only thing they could feel and learn from the civilized White People was racism. The situation you describe is probably the achievement of good pupils nowadays.

Last edited:

TerraZerg

Apr 21, 2018
I do not know if you have heard, but the update will not be this month, one of the creators of the game is not back, Rye appears in 0.7.7 is cool.
It remains to hope for the best, maybe they can find someone who can do well as scenes with sperm or the past will return.

gmodking666

Apr 14, 2020
I do not know if you have heard, but the update will not be this month, one of the creators of the game is not back, Rye appears in 0.7.7 is cool.
It remains to hope for the best, maybe they can find someone who can do well as scenes with sperm or the past will return.
what was the plan for the next update anyway?

TerraZerg

Apr 21, 2018
what was the plan for the next update anyway?
They haven't reported anything new yet.

(This is a long and probably pretty dry post about the truly unreasonable volume of art-logistics and coding horseshit that a VN requires. If that doesn't sound like your thing, feel free to skip! There are no 100%-completion-trophies to be found here.)

Man, how does every single thing take so damned long?
Come along with me, and I'll show you!~~

Art

Let's take our latest heroine, Mallory, as our example.
Mallory herself has about a hundred mood sprites, in four different costumes. Then she has a cast of supporting characters—Angela, Valerie, Gretchen, Claire, Acolyte—all of whom need their own mood sprites, often in multiple costumes. Each of these is illustrated by our lead artist xxxx52, when he's not working on our splash pages or whatever else bespoke horseshit we ask of him.
Then we need the custom face sprites for the close-ups and overlays—such as the Demetria faceoff and the Claire hot tub scene. Those are unique assets which can't be re-used anywhere else. (And of course we also need the base pages for those custom face sprites.)
Then, we need high-resolution splash pages for the sex. Usually there's a few progressions of each sex splash (such as Rye putting dildos into the player on Claudia's route.)
And we need to pay someone to make the backgrounds for the scenes, of course. We send these off to a dedicated background illustrator, who has a 3-7 day turnaround, unless he's very busy.
Then, animation! This requires a lot of back and forth, in which we say "idk could she pound him harder", and then later "nah man, even harder". This takes about a week, unless an artist forgot to put everything on separate layers, in which case we basically need to illustrate it all over again.
And then it goes to our second animator, for the pop shots, creampies, and fluids. This takes at least another week to get back to us, unless he just doesn't get back to us at all, sigh.
(We miss you, Sijix, hope you're ok.)

Writing
My writing speed averages between 250-500 words per hour. I acknowledge this is not fast, but also, my first draft is usually also my only draft, which I hear is unusual for writers.
The Mallory path is 120,000 words.
Usually, if a writer writes a book in a year—"book" here being an unillustrated story of 50,000-100,000 words—that's considered a strong showing. We put out the Mallory path in 6 months, and unlike a traditional book, it also performs intercourse with the reader.
Wow!
One thing which is pretty challenging about the serial release format is that we can't go back and edit plotlines. Every release, I have regrets, where I would've loved to
go back and foreshadow certain elements harder, or maybe just delete a character who isn't pulling their narrative weight, or add an extra scene of raucous dicking.
But, alas! The story is live, and now we need to write an ending, given the beginning which is canonized.

Coding and UX
And then we hunt down music from Copyright Free Youtube, find the least generic sounding stuff, and edit it so that it creates a sense of space. (Such as the through-the-wall, muffled-bass sound as you're on the job with Cookie, or the big echoey sound of the MIF warehouse.)
Then we add sound effects, such as the meat ripping SFX as Mallory tears off her skin and metamorphoses into a god and ascends into the sky.
Then, at some point, we need to code all this into a game.
Then we need to do stage direction for where the characters are on the screen. It looks pretty stupid if they're just all physically overlapping in the center! This requires a lot of playtesting, and coding custom transformations if you want anything more complicated than “exit stage left”. For example, when Bad Cop Claudia stomps on an unconscious Artemis, that half-second animation required a half hour of coding.
Then we have to playtest the game, because it will have a lot of bugs and unexpected behavior. Any time we want a choice which contains other nested choices, or non-linear gameplay like Rye Part Two, that takes coding attention. (Putting aside the constant tax of “Python updated, so your dev environment is now mysteriously ruined in a way which will require hours to fix”)

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes