Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
So, I've downloaded the Windows version and played it on Joiplay ... And it closed without even opening.

I downloaded the Android version from itch.io (since the version here hasn't been updated in a year)... And the same happened.

Anyone else has a problem, or is just my phone?

FutadomLover

Apr 9, 2018
So, I've downloaded the Windows version and played it on Joiplay ... And it closed without even opening.

I downloaded the Android version from itch.io (since the version here hasn't been updated in a year)... And the same happened.

Anyone else has a problem, or is just my phone?
all i can say is that the game takes a long time to load when you set it up the first time for pc as well.

I mean the game is 6gb big by now I think, and i doubt it is optimized for mobile. there are people in this forum who specialize in porting renpy games, so it might be something for the request area if you can't get it to run.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
Jul 22, 2019
How the hell do they manage to make it 6GB when we got games from 2000s that got tons of content, images etc and they barely reach 1gb
Poor decision making when it comes to image resolution, formats, and compression. VNs are plagued by this problem. If they made just one change in their pipline (using jpeg and webp instead of png and a slightly lower compression level) the game sizes would drop from multiple gigabytes to only a few hundred megabytes, with minimal to no decrease in quality. We would essentially have no need for compressors.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It is not poor decision. They, like most developers, simply choose to make their game's images and animations with the best possible quality given their skills and hardware.

Reactions: Scotsman1989
Jul 22, 2019
It is not poor decision. They, like most developers, simply choose to make their game's images and animations with the best possible quality given their skills and hardware.
I disagree, I have discussed this here before. There are no practical reasons whatsoever to use lossless compressions AT ALL. The dip in quality you get from switching to better formats is practically ZERO, its imperceptible. Compared to the size savings which are IMMENSE. You would be doing not only yourself, but all the players a favor as well by not forcing them to download 6 GIGS!, when they can get the exact same experience in 500 or so megabytes.

That being said, if you do want to cater to the 4 people playing the game on 4k monitors, you can create the high res lossless version for them, but it should only be an after thought, and imo, not even worth it. From the conversations I've had here I have never heard a good reason from any dev, apart from just laziness, not bothering, or following convention. The worst was that "people don't download smaller games they think it doesn't have content" which is just, :FacePalm:.

For me this is particularly jarring as this is standard in conventional game dev where you're texture budget is VERY limited, every megabyte counts, to the point where its the norm to have different maps packed into the same texture file in different channels. Granted VNs don't have such hard limits, but then the result of having no limits is in front of you. You get 6 gigs for a slideshow. I have seen all the way up to 15 gigs :KEK:.

Reactions: VoidPilgrim

SunHouseRock

Mar 14, 2019
Most recent update runs into the problem of being forced to become a martyr for the church, which is great but I can't do anything else because if I sleep Malory visits

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Nice. With that out of the way now it should be time for Wallis route to be their main focus. :)

ps: wonder what this XXX files will be about. Guess we will know soon enough. :unsure:

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes