Bloe´s Chaos

Sep 30, 2017
This was a nice surprise. Beautiful girls, quality renders, intriguing story (not very original premise but it´s the whole journey that matters) and a real futa MC with normal body, no third arms involved. The real highlight for me though, which makes it stand out, would be the use of sound. Finally, we got a futa game with good integration of sounds into the scenes. As VN, I really like what a suitable utilization of sound can add to the spicy content and it is done perfectly here. Adding a soft moaning instead of the usual <squish> sound for the "happy endings" of the solo scene was fantastic. So kudos to the developer for this attention to detail; even with very well executed animations right from the first build. I cannot wait to see more!

As feedback, maybe I´m in the minority here but I liked the puzzles. I always appreciate the effort of creating specific mechanisms to add minigames or whatever fits for Renpy, very limited to this type of content. These riddles make the VN original and different to others with the classic options. However, I found the third one a bit unfortunate. Bad timing, I would say. The daydreaming puzzle concept is good and fits perfectly with the tool, but positioning one right in the middle of a sexual scene may be disheartening. Above all, when the scene is not present in the gallery and you have to give the solution again every time you revisited it. It goes against the flow of the game. Sincerely, I was expecting the classic VN options with the girls (she saw a bunch of nude girls in person for... first time in her life? Why choosing for the players?) to get renders with each one of them. Of course, I understand the extra work for this, but just fantasizing there wouldn´t entail any future complicated branches and would make the scene more complete. If this was intentional by script reasons, please let us know.

Following the puzzles, and seeing the low reception, why not add a practice mode for players like me who want the challenge? For example, taking the usual <Take a bath> VN option, we may see it as another way of daydreaming, adding puzzles for each girl with every update. I mean, Jenny admitted she "plays" a lot with herself when she is alone to "calm her buddy" in order to hide it so this may be a good way to add them for practising (or even a challenge mode!) with those 3 renders as reward, apart from the ones along the main story. Furthermore, different colors may be added for the layers of the cells or regions, depending on the hair, eye or garment color of each girl daydreamed, for instance. In this way, it would be more clear and enjoyable. Meanwhile, the people who doesn´t like the challenge might obtain the same extra content as the classic option selection in the Story Mode so that would be a win-win situation for all!

Also, I was a bit taken aback with the end of the update because was so sudden. After the solo scene, we just see text suggesting the topics as if the conversation wasn´t important for anything and it felt like a wasted opportunity to develop relationships between them or secondary stories. Maybe it´s just me, but I like to read these anodyne chit-chats to know the characters and make me attached to them, being their scenes more enjoyable in the long run. Of course, if this was intentionally scripted too, then it is a rambling discourse of mine.

I really liked the demo and just wish it becomes a fantastic game. A reference for future game developments, even. It has the potential to get so.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
This was a nice surprise. Beautiful girls, quality renders, intriguing story (not very original premise but it´s the whole journey that matters) and a real futa MC with normal body, no third arms involved. The real highlight for me though, which makes it stand out, would be the use of sound. Finally, we got a futa game with good integration of sounds into the scenes. As VN, I really like what a suitable utilization of sound can add to the spicy content and it is done perfectly here. Adding a soft moaning instead of the usual <squish> sound for the "happy endings" of the solo scene was fantastic. So kudos to the developer for this attention to detail; even with very well executed animations right from the first build. I cannot wait to see more!

As feedback, maybe I´m in the minority here but I liked the puzzles. I always appreciate the effort of creating specific mechanisms to add minigames or whatever fits for Renpy, very limited to this type of content. These riddles make the VN original and different to others with the classic options. However, I found the third one a bit unfortunate. Bad timing, I would say. The daydreaming puzzle concept is good and fits perfectly with the tool, but positioning one right in the middle of a sexual scene may be disheartening. Above all, when the scene is not present in the gallery and you have to give the solution again every time you revisited it. It goes against the flow of the game. Sincerely, I was expecting the classic VN options with the girls (she saw a bunch of nude girls in person for... first time in her life? Why choosing for the players?) to get renders with each one of them. Of course, I understand the extra work for this, but just fantasizing there wouldn´t entail any future complicated branches and would make the scene more complete. If this was intentional by script reasons, please let us know.

Following the puzzles, and seeing the low reception, why not add a practice mode for players like me who want the challenge? For example, taking the usual <Take a bath> VN option, we may see it as another way of daydreaming, adding puzzles for each girl with every update. I mean, Jenny admitted she "plays" a lot with herself when she is alone to "calm her buddy" in order to hide it so this may be a good way to add them for practising (or even a challenge mode!) with those 3 renders as reward, apart from the ones along the main story. Furthermore, different colors may be added for the layers of the cells or regions, depending on the hair, eye or garment color of each girl daydreamed, for instance. In this way, it would be more clear and enjoyable. Meanwhile, the people who doesn´t like the challenge might obtain the same extra content as the classic option selection in the Story Mode so that would be a win-win situation for all!

Also, I was a bit taken aback with the end of the update because was so sudden. After the solo scene, we just see text suggesting the topics as if the conversation wasn´t important for anything and it felt like a wasted opportunity to develop relationships between them or secondary stories. Maybe it´s just me, but I like to read these anodyne chit-chats to know the characters and make me attached to them, being their scenes more enjoyable in the long run. Of course, if this was intentionally scripted too, then it is a rambling discourse of mine.

I really liked the demo and just wish it becomes a fantastic game. A reference for future game developments, even. It has the potential to get so.
Thank you for taking the time to write all this out! Feedback is always welcome!

Some of my thoughts:

- I love that you pointed out my use of sound! It's so rarely used well, so I spent quite a lot of time adding appropriate sound effects and musical cues. When we do get music in VNs, it tends to be one song used over and over again. And when we do get sound, its typically always quite limited to some loud moaning that really doesn't fit with the characters or scene. I will continue this in future chapters!
- I hear you about the timing of the third puzzle. Moving forward, I'm planning to not put puzzles in the middle of a major scene like that. As far as adding a a "challenge mode" outside of the main story, I'll definitely add the idea to my notes. It will depend on how quickly I can get the main story updates released, but I'm hopeful. I'm moving along at decent pace for the next release, so I might have time to add some extra puzzles on the side.
- The text after the solo scene: You're not wrong that expanding the scene would have been nice, but there will naturally need to be some breaks like this in the pacing and for the sake of moving the story forward. If you look at the clock, the time between arriving at the house and the end of the solo scene is about 50 minutes. The time between leaving the solo scene and leaving the house is about 3 hours. I do want the passage of time to feel somewhat correct within the scenes, and rendering the rest of that night would have been an opportunity cost, since it's quite difficult to get a chapter's worth of renders done as it is. And the whole story will take place over the span of about ~2 in-game months, so there will have to be narrative jumps like this from time to time. We'll definitely be seeing more of the characters, and there will be more small talk between them!

:love:

Bloe´s Chaos

Sep 30, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write all this out! Feedback is always welcome!

Some of my thoughts:

- I love that you pointed out my use of sound! It's so rarely used well, so I spent quite a lot of time adding appropriate sound effects and musical cues. When we do get music in VNs, it tends to be one song used over and over again. And when we do get sound, its typically always quite limited to some loud moaning that really doesn't fit with the characters or scene. I will continue this in future chapters!
- I hear you about the timing of the third puzzle. Moving forward, I'm planning to not put puzzles in the middle of a major scene like that. As far as adding a a "challenge mode" outside of the main story, I'll definitely add the idea to my notes. It will depend on how quickly I can get the main story updates released, but I'm hopeful. I'm moving along at decent pace for the next release, so I might have time to add some extra puzzles on the side.
- The text after the solo scene: You're not wrong that expanding the scene would have been nice, but there will naturally need to be some breaks like this in the pacing and for the sake of moving the story forward. If you look at the clock, the time between arriving at the house and the end of the solo scene is about 50 minutes. The time between leaving the solo scene and leaving the house is about 3 hours. I do want the passage of time to feel somewhat correct within the scenes, and rendering the rest of that night would have been an opportunity cost, since it's quite difficult to get a chapter's worth of renders done as it is. And the whole story will take place over the span of about ~2 in-game months, so there will have to be narrative jumps like this from time to time. We'll definitely be seeing more of the characters, and there will be more small talk between them!

:love:
Glad to know we are on the same note! hahaha

Jokes aside, that´s fantastic news. I´m happy too that I might contribute to this game in some way. And... Fair. You are absolutely right about the clock and I understand what you are seeking with a suitable narrative rhythm. Again, your attention to detail astonish me. In the end, it is your vision and only you know how it really goes so, of course, take all the time you need because I´m sure the result will be worth it every time keeping this pace :)

Last edited:

Zofi

Sep 1, 2018
You'd be surprised. There's an entire community that does these sorts of puzzles all the time! That's like saying no one would play sudokus.

But it's not for you, I can respect that. I have a new update coming out that doesn't require you to play the puzzles. Just waiting for mods to update the post.
I really enjoyed the puzzles. Do you know what that type of puzzle is called? I want to find more of them.

Reactions: TessaXYZ

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
I really enjoyed the puzzles. Do you know what that type of puzzle is called? I want to find more of them.
The puzzles in the game are original, so you won't find exactly the same type of puzzle anywhere. But the bigger picture is that these puzzles are a type of "pencil puzzle", of which there are MANY different kinds, which inspired the ruleset I came up with. Here's some examples of other similar types of puzzles:

This guy has a discord with loads of them.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
What is wrong with this solution? I have to understand it to move forward.
View attachment 2061369
You have 2x2 areas of non-highlighted cells towards the top left. The 2x2 rule prohibits both highlighted AND non-highlighted 2x2 areas.

Edit: To quote the rule directly, which you can see in your screenshot: "No 2x2 area of cells may be entirely highlighted or non-highlighted."

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
You have 2x2 areas of non-highlighted cells towards the top left. The 2x2 rule prohibits both highlighted AND non-highlighted 2x2 areas.

Edit: To quote the rule directly, which you can see in your screenshot: "No 2x2 area of cells may be entirely highlighted or non-highlighted."
Thank you very much, awesome game. :)

RNG

Sep 8, 2017
Puzzles are actually kind of fun in their own way. Wouldn't mind having a way to play them outside the story so I can still do them without blueballing myself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zofi and TessaXYZ

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Puzzles are actually kind of fun in their own way. Wouldn't mind having a way to play them outside the story so I can still do them without blueballing myself.
You're one of several people to ask for them to be playable standalone from the main menu -- I'll look into it for a future release, if I happen to find myself otherwise ahead of schedule :p

May 9, 2020
You're one of several people to ask for them to be playable standalone from the main menu -- I'll look into it for a future release, if I happen to find myself otherwise ahead of schedule :p
Count me in that too. And btw, your game is so fucking awesome, keep on doing the great work. You have my 100000000% support

• Red Heart

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
You've got the germ of something great here, Tess: quality renders, strong writing, and an eye for making something unique to you! Puzzles in adult games are usually not my thing (no fun getting stonewalled and ending up frustrated), but I can feel the love that went into making them, and my stubborn ass can't help but try! :sneaky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart

COOLMASTER

Nov 12, 2019
Not planning to include male content, it's just not for me.

And the story really does require her to be what she is. I wouldn't be able to tell the story as intended otherwise. :(
Hello Tessa thanks you'r answer, i m little disapointed of course but i understand it and well your the boss, you rules :)

(In fact dream about a game with the quality renders as you did, real good story as summer gone and realistic trans / shemale and not caricature fat B.. B..B&D but also with man protagonist ..their are so few game like this actualy but most of them are worth renders, bull shit story, or with shattered man, alien from nowhere or under femdom way, trans / lesbian content..etc)

So i fallow you game..
let s see how the story goes and caractere mind of protagonist rise up :)

Good job, good luck ;)

macky22

Jan 31, 2018
You've got the germ of something great here, Tess: quality renders, strong writing, and an eye for making something unique to you! Puzzles in adult games are usually not my thing (no fun getting stonewalled and ending up frustrated), but I can feel the love that went into making them, and my stubborn ass can't help but try! :sneaky:

The rule #1 is broken.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lillen B.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020

Thank you! Means a lot to hear that people see something special brewing here. I'm really trying to break the mold a bit with this, hopefully I meet everyone's expectations!

For the puzzle, as Macky said, you have the highlighted area broken up into three separate areas, which breaks the first rule. All the highlighted areas have to be connected continuously.

4.70 star(s) 60 Votes