• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Well, not sure anybody remembers Future Fantasy Harem but I am now considering remaking it.......

We'll see.... If I do remake it I will keep most of the story (which many people seemed to enjoy), and get rid of the animations (since they were so poorly done and yet very time consuming)
I think I will see if I can improve the quality of my 3D art first... and go from there

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
This must be breaking some sort of record on how to screw your own game. I understand that you want to take a break, but there's quite literally 0 NEED at all to screw yourself with an ending like that.

''Oh but it's not an ending, i will remake it in the future'', then don't include an ending like that to begin with? If it's subject to change in the future then what's the point of even includin an ending like that?

Like, just leave the game there and wait until you feel like updating? There was no need to pull an ending like that, lmao.

Plus i think you should really chill on the remarks such as: ''Honestly, for my tastes it's certainly worth playing and better than most games...''

I don't think a game who pulls an ''improvised ending'' like this can even be called better than most games, at all.

Still, i enjoyed it quite a bit before you pulled al that mumbo jumbo at the end, so... Guess it wasn't that bad until you decided to hurt your own game lol.

a bit of a late reply but.....

first of all, you say I hurt my game by ending it the way I did.....
I don't really see it that way though. I put a lot of work in that game and I really loved the story and the characters.... but it was too time consuming and the response was a little depressing so I had to end it to have a life again.

I could have just abandoned it, but figured it would be more fun to go out by at least advancing some of the storylines a bit more and having some kind of closure at the end....
Okay, the ending I used was a little sad.... but some times sad endings are kinda nice, at least for my tastes. I also think it added a nice touch of irony, as the character has to return home because his work wasn't as popular as he hoped.

And yeah, as much as I liked the game, and some positive comments and feedback.... I did feel a bit disappointed by the overall weak support for it.... there are games that are really just total scams and that add very little content every few months but a lot of suckers give the creators tons of money because some art looked good or the game had the only fetish they care about... and games that have a lot more content and a much more interesting storylines get little attention

anyways ight slowly remake it.... we'll see. Thinking about it.

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
Well, not sure anybody remembers Future Fantasy Harem but I am now considering remaking it.......
Hmm, sounds familiar….

Just kidding, I loved what you were going for here.

Back then, and still now, I’d recommend introducing fewer characters at one time, and pacing the intros to your worldbuilding… It’s kind of overwhelming to be expected to absorb that all up front. As a bonus, it’ll allow you to bring more depth to each character, and more detail to each portion of your world.

Anyway, if you’re looking to make more, I’m eager to see more.

Reactions: Niteowl

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Hmm, sounds familiar….

Just kidding, I loved what you were going for here.

Back then, and still now, I’d recommend introducing fewer characters at one time, and pacing the intros to your worldbuilding… It’s kind of overwhelming to be expected to absorb that all up front. As a bonus, it’ll allow you to bring more depth to each character, and more detail to each portion of your world.

Anyway, if you’re looking to make more, I’m eager to see more.
I'm pretty sure I will make more.... I still love the characters and the story and want to complete it as it was meant to be...

But yes, this remake will also be an opportunity to fix some issues with the old version and hopefully make it much better.

Regarding your comments specifically... I understand it was a bit overwhelming, but in a sense that fit because the main character ventures to a part of the world he doesn't know much about and he has to learn a lot about it, which is tough at first.
IN other words, it kinda fit the storyline to have so much information at the beginning, and to be fair this is not the kind of game where players have to memorize every tiny bit of information to do well later....

Anyways, your comment was noted... I've also been thinking about the beginning and changes that need to be done....
Lots to think about actually, as I should probably also simplify some of the stats system....
It will be a while before I release the remake but yeah, I do hope it will be much better
I will, eventually, introduce some new art in this thread....

Reactions: ubblesnop

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018

We'll see.... If I do remake it I will keep most of the story (which many people seemed to enjoy), and get rid of the animations (since they were so poorly done and yet very time consuming)
I think I will see if I can improve the quality of my 3D art first... and go from there
i enjoyed playing this a lot and was disappointed when it was abandoned....hopefully we'll get more story soon :D

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
i enjoyed playing this a lot and was disappointed when it was abandoned....hopefully we'll get more story soon :D

Well, good news... I'm definitely leaning toward remaking it. I miss the world it's set in and its characters. I will use some of the old images but make quite a few changes to the way the story was told and other things...

I actually like somebody's suggestion that I slow down the pace of world building so that's something else I need to work on.

Can't make any promises about the timeline though.... I do have a job and other projects I'm working on.
But hopefully I'll have something soon....

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Actually, since I will be remaking the game rather extensively (while keeping the main plot and characters)

This is your chance to let me know if there are any areas that you feel needed to improve, or any other advice you are willing to give me.
I should let the mods know that I will continue with this project (so maybe an 'on hold' label would be more appropriate)

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
Actually, since I will be remaking the game rather extensively (while keeping the main plot and characters)

This is your chance to let me know if there are any areas that you feel needed to improve, or any other advice you are willing to give me.
I should let the mods know that I will continue with this project (so maybe an 'on hold' label would be more appropriate)
they don't change the abandoned tag usually unless an update is released, but you can try asking them

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018

My only real issue with your game was being stuck with a main slave I didn't find attractive. Literally every character in the game interested me more than that elf, but she had the most scenes, the most content.... I wanted more of *everyone else*.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
My only real issue with your game was being stuck with a main slave I didn't find attractive. Literally every character in the game interested me more than that elf, but she had the most scenes, the most content.... I wanted more of *everyone else*.
ok, fair enough, thanks for the comment...
I mean the plan was to add more content for everybody else over time... but yeah, since she was the first she had quite a few scenes.
But since there is a lot for her, when I remake the game I will definitely mostly add scenes for other characters

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Well, not sure how many people even care but yeah, I'll definitely remake the game (keeping most of the main story arca nd the characters. It will take some time before I'm ready to post anything though... It's a low priority project and I"m pretty busy these days.

Nevertheless, Future Fantasy Harem Remade will eventually be available

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
Well, not sure how many people even care but yeah, I'll definitely remake the game (keeping most of the main story arca nd the characters. It will take some time before I'm ready to post anything though... It's a low priority project and I"m pretty busy these days.

I’m in.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Niteow I have been playing this fine game and so far I give it a 9 out of 10 and so far the only thing I do not like about this game is the half shaved heads of Bamboo and her sister, but other then that this game is a damn fine game.

Thank you for your hard work in make this game.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
ok, fair enough, thanks for the comment...
I mean the plan was to add more content for everybody else over time... but yeah, since she was the first she had quite a few scenes.
But since there is a lot for her, when I remake the game I will definitely mostly add scenes for other characters

Hype

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Niteow I have been playing this fine game and so far I give it a 9 out of 10 and so far the only thing I do not like about this game is the half shaved heads of Bamboo and her sister, but other then that this game is a damn fine game.

Thank you for your hard work in make this game.
Thank you for your kind comments... hopefully the remake will be even better ;)

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
and then there's me. who liked that hairstyle on them. here's hoping it stays.

i personally thought it fit them well.:unsure:

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
and then there's me. who liked that hairstyle on them. here's hoping it stays.

i personally thought it fit them well.:unsure:
The hairstyle of Bliss and Bamboo will stay (I like it too), but it doesn't mean we can't have some scene with different hairstyles (maybe for some cosplay) as the story progresses. It will take a while but hopefully this time I will complete the sage.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes