Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Anyways, time for the next update.... Version 0.3 should be up soon, starting on it now.

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
And 0.3 is live... Enjoy and please feel free to provide feedback or ask questions about the game

tremyz

Aug 17, 2018
A love the game so far but i find a bug in the cloth store shandar if i click return to the outfits menu the image of her cloth don't disappear so i have to roll back with the mouse to be able to see the game agai

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
A love the game so far but i find a bug in the cloth store shandar if i click return to the outfits menu the image of her cloth don't disappear so i have to roll back with the mouse to be able to see the game agai

Okay, that's one bug I didn't notice. Thank you for letting me know. I'll fix it right away and it will be fine in the next update (right now none of the costumes for Shandar can be bought anyways)

Reactions: tremyz

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
The original post mentions that there is slavery but also states that there isn't rape. Isn't that contradictory?

Slaves by definition aren't participating because they want to but because they required to do so since they are slaves. There are probably penalties of some kind if they say no.

Doesn't that make any sex slaves participate in not consensual?

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
shit played the first few min on information overload right now really just putting all the lore right at the beginning

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
This game took me by surprise with its story, and I must say that really I like the game so far. The only thing that I feel needs some improvement is the animations, however that it's animated is good enough for me.

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
The original post mentions that there is slavery but also states that there isn't rape. Isn't that contradictory?

Slaves by definition aren't participating because they want to but because they required to do so since they are slaves. There are probably penalties of some kind if they say no.

Doesn't that make any sex slaves participate in not consensual?
Well, this kind of discussion could become a little complex, anyways even in reality (hopefully only in the distant past, not sure) it was not uncommon for people to volunteer to become slaves, for example to pay off some debt. Not to mention that while sex slaves were not uncommon many others were just kept to perform menial jobs, so it was really a kind of work (and didn't imply rape).
Naturally, there were also cases where people were forced into slavery and therefore cases of rape if sex was involved.

Regarding the game, well, I'm sure rape does happen somewhere in a world as primitive and violent as the one described, just as it happens in real life, but the point of the intro post is that the main character only acquires slaves who are willing to be his, and won't indulge in raping people himself.
As per other ethical concerns, like the fairness of the existence of slaves...well..... let's keep in mind it's an imaginary fantasy world with its own culture... for a game meant to be fun and not be too serious about it. It also doesn't feature any real violence so far (there will be some fights in the future but no rape), whereas I played many mainstream games in which there is nothing but violence.

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
This game took me by surprise with its story, and I must say that really I like the game so far. The only thing that I feel needs some improvement is the animations, however that it's animated is good enough for me.
I appreciate your feedback, and honestly I totally agree. The animations are very low quality...
Unfortunately, I'm already putting a lot of work into this and better animations are beyond me. Hopefully, over time I will gain more support and be able to hire artists to improve the animations, but that might take time (or never happen).

Reactions: Canade

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
shit played the first few min on information overload right now really just putting all the lore right at the beginning
Lol, yes, it can be overwhelming I guess. The idea is to create a complex imaginary world, so that entails hitting the player with a lot of information at the beginning...
However, there is no need to memorize the details... it's not the kind of game where you fail if you forget a tiny detail.
Over time, as the MC interacts with more characters and explores the world, more information will be added, some will be repeated, etc.
It's a world meant to be explored and understood better over time. The lore at the beginning was an important premise though, otherwise it would be hard to understand the story.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
The idea is to create a complex imaginary world, so that entails hitting the player with a lot of information at the beginning...
issue is you could establish that the world is large and complex with out shoveling information at the beginning. you can give more information slowly down the road or have the MC slowly learn about the world he is being assigned to over time or even have us learn more about his race through conversations over time and just give us a quick synopsis of his powers and that he is an entire race that rules humans. most of the time showing things through actions is far better than giving us tons of info right at the beginning. in my opinion if you overwhelm the player/reader with to much info or confuse them (unintentionally) right off the bat then you have failed in your intro

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Future Fantasy Harem v0.3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
not much story in this update

Yes, that's true. I felt that I needed to slow down on the story for one update in order to add content for the girls in the harem and create the cosplay shop (which took a fair bit of work).

However, I have very exciting plans for the next update, including the introduction of a major turning point in the goths side-story (you get a hint of that in 0.3, when the MC chats with Rouge), more content for the main story line (and a return to the north west), and more.... don't want to spoil it all.
I'm working on it already and I think it will be ready by the end of June. I'll make a more official announcement about that later on.

Reactions: Paapi

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
issue is you could establish that the world is large and complex with out shoveling information at the beginning. you can give more information slowly down the road or have the MC slowly learn about the world he is being assigned to over time or even have us learn more about his race through conversations over time and just give us a quick synopsis of his powers and that he is an entire race that rules humans. most of the time showing things through actions is far better than giving us tons of info right at the beginning. in my opinion if you overwhelm the player/reader with to much info or confuse them (unintentionally) right off the bat then you have failed in your intro
Generally speaking I agree with you, but I have to point out it's all relative.
The thing is, the intro might seem a little too dense with information, but, actually, the background world I created is so complex and rich with races and lore, that what I used for the intro is only the tip of the iceberg.

In fact, while it may seem like a lot, I think the intro is really just the basics:
- Brief Historical background
- The Civilized (who they are and how they are different)
-The rough Mainland (and something about Interzone)

As the story progresses, we do learn more about Inerzone's clans (mainly the goths so far, but a little info about the others as well) through events like the party and visiting Ilyana, and then we learn more about the Elves through Fern and trips to the North West etc....

I honestly don't think the intro is that confusing, but I think that the story is rather complex and maybe I was adding too much info too quickly. That' another reason I slowed down a bit on the story (in this update).

Are there any parts of the intro or the story that you guys find confusing?
If it's just an issue of too many stories and characters then, yeah, don't worry about it too much.... we will slowly get to know all the characters and races over time and important information will be repeated when needed.

In a way, I think all this also makes the game a little more real.... I mean, let's say we really are the MC, the beginning would be a little hectic because he just moved to a place he knows little about (meeting new people, customs, etc). And then, over time, everything becomes slowly more familiar.

But maybe it is too much, and maybe the story is too complex... If that's the case yeah, it is my fault.... Can't redo the whole game now though.

Niteowl

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Only 2 options available for me. Is this an error ?? Latest game version. Android
Hmm, I haven't played the android version but in Shandar's trial there are a couple of choices, each one with only two options.
At first you can choose to take her or not, and if you do accept her you can play with her immediately or wait until you get home.

Generally, I'd suggest accepting her. Players will not have to share her and even if you don't want to train her later there will be other options. But up to you guys.

Reactions: Paapi
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes