HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Been supporting since day 1 when it was just a map and 2 sex scenes. And the 'Devs' at the time were just a bunch of people trying stuff out with practically no experience in game development and management.

From then to now, this game has come a long way, the team has come along way, and HW has been completely transparent the whole way through.

I'm going to carry on supporting.
one clear difference between them and other game devs is the communication tbh
as far as I can tell he's been truthful this entire time with the progress reports

Reactions: anon241

magickrot

Jan 26, 2018
Totally agree, I've never seen such good feedback before. I'm very impressed with how HW works with such diligence. When I change my job, I will continue to support him. One of the few developers who has the best potential and makes not just a set of hentai sprites, but a real game with cool gameplay and even with a well-developed plot. Fingers crossed for the project to go well at launch

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

magickrot

Jan 26, 2018
I also want to note how HW is ready to lend a helping hand. Many developers of other projects will confirm this, as well as the game community who contacted him

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just gonna pop in and say that i found this game years back on an old h-game site, saw the potential and have supported it since.

Nuff said
no matter what still going to support it
Been supporting since day 1 when it was just a map and 2 sex scenes. And the 'Devs' at the time were just a bunch of people trying stuff out with practically no experience in game development and management.

From then to now, this game has come a long way, the team has come along way, and HW has been completely transparent the whole way through.

I'm going to carry on supporting.
A very rare sighting on F95, more than two consecutive posts praising the dev.
Well deserved this time, also.
Thanks a lot for the well wishes, all of you; I've said it before that it sounds generic to say this, and now even saying THAT sounds generic or ingenuine, but it really does mean a lot. Seriously.

I'm not perfect, our games aren't perfect, but I'd like to think that both are improving over time.

Like I said before, don't even bother responding to people who are bitching this close to the release date. Clowns make $36k-$90k per year and these mf's are being one for free.
The thing is though, some people might be popping into this thread (or another thread, or Discord, or wherever else) and in the current climate, people are likely to believe "bad info" over "good info" without context (or even without factual accuracy).

So while critique is fine, always gonna welcome that, it's my job to respond to stuff like the post I responded to and clarify things, because if I don't, it can spiral out of control pretty quickly and affect both the reputation for future games as well as Future Fragments, which then means lost sales, which then means the other people on the team, who are getting a cut of the profits, suffer as a result, and that's the last thing I want.

omp123
devs in newdays don't care about players. They give you s..t game but problem is gamers itsel don't respect it self... and buying a trash.
If we really didn't care about the players, we wouldn't have spent all this time trying our best to make the boss fights, gameplay, storyline, quality of life options, accessibility stuff, etc. fun for players.
We could have just got it out the door as fast as possible, cashed in on the hype, and rode off into the sunset.
But we didn't, specifically because we want this to be a fun experience for people.
(Not even going into the whole going into debt to make the game quality higher thing, refunds, pledge only once for lifelong rewards, etc.)

as far as I can tell he's been truthful this entire time with the progress reports
One of the most painful things of the last year or so is that there's so much we've gotten done that we can't show you because of spoilers, or because it wouldn't fit good in just a still picture format.

Like for instance, achievements;

Getting 5 achievements (out of 10) in a level unlocks all sex content in the gallery for that level. All of the achievements are skill or exploration based; no grinding reqired.

If you get all 10 achievements in a level, you get a cheat code for the next playthrough (god mode, infinite mana, noclip mode, etc.), as well as an extra sex animation that's only able to be gotten this way.

This way, you never have to lose to see sex content, but if you do still want to lose to see sex content, that's the same as always.

Totally agree, I've never seen such good feedback before. I'm very impressed with how HW works with such diligence. When I change my job, I will continue to support him. One of the few developers who has the best potential and makes not just a set of hentai sprites, but a real game with cool gameplay and even with a well-developed plot. Fingers crossed for the project to go well at launch

I also want to note how HW is ready to lend a helping hand. Many developers of other projects will confirm this, as well as the game community who contacted him
Thanks man, although there's definitely a lot of other devs doing all that stuff though of course, so while we're on that topic I wanna shout them out;

I run these bundles from time to time to get attention on other adult action games in progress, all the demos are free, and all the profits are split equally (with me usually taking less % than the others).

As far as helping out with stuff, I've always believed that if everyone succeeds, everyone benefits; the industry, the players, and the creators. The better content we can all put out, the better it is for everyone, basically. So if there's stuff I can help with that won't heavily take away from time developing FF, yeah, I'm definitely happy to do so.

sophantrx

Apr 5, 2018
I was gonna comment on that too, but since he said the release is literaly this year, I'd say let's wait and see instead of bashing him because this game has progressed A LOT in comparison to other games around here
All respect to HentaiWriter and the game looks genuinely high quality, but its been months away from being released for years

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
All respect to HentaiWriter and the game looks genuinely high quality, but its been months away from being released for years
Whatever we have, it's getting submitted to Steam on Septmeber 22nd, even if stuff is missing, we're still submitting it.

We literally can't delay it any longer. Ideally it'll be mostly complete, which is why I'm working around the clock and Frouge is too, but yeah.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
if jesus is coming back that mf better wait til the 23rd that's all im sayin
Just to be clear, we're gonna be *submitting* to Steam on the 22nd, but the reason I say submitting is because Steam has to approve the game; that could take 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, I've got no idea.

For a comparison, when we submitted the demo to them, it took them 3 days to check, but that was also during NextFest and they were likely getting flooded by demos, so not sure if that'd be different for full games or if a different team checks full games.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
HentaiWriter
no, unfortunately they don't make normal games anymore, maybe indie developers have something that
to trying do it, but this is a very small drop in the ocean, now developers and publishers do not create, but only think how smarter it is to add donations, lootboxes, paytowin, so that people always pay, in theirs games, damn them.

htc89234

Jan 27, 2018
I have strong doubts over you being able to write 277 cutscenes (especially when, from what I've read, the whole game has 400?) until September 22nd, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. It's not a good look when you tell us that essentially 70% of the cutscenes of the game haven't even been written 42 days before launch though. Just to put it in persepective for others, even if you write cutscenes every singleday - even during the day of release, that's 6 and a half cutscenes a day; or about 42 days of alternating between writing 7 to 6 cutscenes every single day including the day of release. Either these cutscenes are obscenely short, comprised entirely of moaning sounds, or I legitimately cannot imagine getting all of them pumped out like that.

Then again, I'd be glad to be proven wrong, so here's hoping for the best.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I have strong doubts over you being able to write 277 cutscenes (especially when, from what I've read, the whole game has 400?) until September 22nd, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. It's not a good look when you tell us that essentially 70% of the cutscenes of the game haven't even been written 42 days before launch though.
This post might clarify things for you; https://f95zone.to/threads/future-fragments-v0-27ex-march-2022-demo-hentaiwriter.1550/post-8712341

Just to give an example, I wrote 10 cutscenes last night alone. The hardest part is by far the "groundwork" for cutscenes; the actual writing doesn't take as much time at all.

Either these cutscenes are obscenely short, comprised entirely of moaning sounds, or I legitimately cannot imagine getting all of them pumped out like that.
The cutscene I just finished writing through the last 90 minutes has around 1,400-ish words and 9 variants (9 different ways it can play out); none of the words are moans.

Screenshot_940.png
Screenshot_941.png
Screenshot_942.png
Screenshot_943.png
Screenshot_944.png

Didn't want to post all the tabs per spoilers of other things/rare variants, but yeah. The emotions aren't in because I just finished writing this as of this post, but that should give an idea of things; this is all one cutscene, to be clear, with the "tabs" being variants on how that scene plays out.

For anyone worried too, this is an optional cutscene, as are 95% of all cutscenes in the game.

I'm working on stuff roughly 12-16 hours a day, depending on the day, 7 days a week.

That all said, it's likely that not all of the voicework will be done at launch, which is on me not getting people scripts fast enough, but it should be done shortly after launch (everything within the first month at latest).

Merlin7

Apr 20, 2019
...not all of the voicework will be done at launch, which is on me not getting people scripts fast enough, but it should be done shortly after launch (everything within the first month at latest).
I think lots of folks have crazy unrealistic expectations, and/or are super jaded after how many crowdfunded projects have gone sour between all the different platforms over the years. Personally, whenever I give a project some dough, I think of it as a moonshot. Like lending to a friend. If I get something back someday, great! But it's not expected. Like a "thank you" given without anticipating a "you're welcome." Good manners basically. Highly recommend that approach to everyone bothering to read this. WAY less stressful for everyone.

For quite a long time I've been in awe at the fact y'all's relatively small team, relatively small budget, are putting out what I believe will be a AAA game - nothing indie about it. The fact time had to give isn't worth griping about imo. Literally countless H-games have died over the years, and yours hasn't. That's worth celebrating! Sure release day will be epic, but every day of continued progress is epic too. Plus you personally are managing so much and haven't quit or gone insane... :oops:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I think lots of folks have crazy unrealistic expectations, and/or are super jaded after how many crowdfunded projects have gone sour between all the different platforms over the years. Personally, whenever I give a project some dough, I think of it as a moonshot. Like lending to a friend. If I get something back someday, great! But it's not expected. Like a "thank you" given without anticipating a "you're welcome." Good manners basically. Highly recommend that approach to everyone bothering to read this. WAY less stressful for everyone.
While all this is true, at the same time, I think it's our responsibility to make the best game we can with the hard earned money everyone has supported us with.

So like, giving a bit of leeway with time and such is good given what you've just said, but yeah, it doesn't give us an excuse to just blame everything on "the nature of crowdfunding" when there's a lot of stuff we could have done better (and we plan to do better with future games).

For quite a long time I've been in awe at the fact y'all's relatively small team, relatively small budget, are putting out what I believe will be a AAA game - nothing indie about it. The fact time had to give isn't worth griping about imo. Literally countless H-games have died over the years, and yours hasn't. That's worth celebrating! Sure release day will be epic, but every day of continued progress is epic too. Plus you personally are managing so much and haven't quit or gone insane... :oops:
This is really encouraging, man; if you want to know how I haven't gone insane, it's from a combination of knowing there's people like you and others who are looking forward to this game, and our own personal passion/drive to get this game done.

It may have taken an eternity, but I'm hoping for a launch that's more along the lines of how Team Fortress 2 took forever but was fun as hell back in the day, and very hopefully NOT a Duke Nukem Forever reception after all thsi time.

I just hope the likely lack of voicework in some scenes/a bit of polish and things like that missing here and there at launch (probably less than 5% of voicework missing and only in rare/optional scenes) won't ruin things for people though.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ilmncsm and Merlin7
3.70 star(s) 84 Votes