Linlex

Nov 24, 2018
Have been silently checking for 2 years now. Decided to say I cant wait for the game to come out and appreciate the time you are putting into the game. Have it wish-listed on steam. Probably the only H Game I will actually buy and not just pirate.

Reactions: ragham

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Have been silently checking for 2 years now. Decided to say I cant wait for the game to come out and appreciate the time you are putting into the game. Have it wish-listed on steam. Probably the only H Game I will actually buy and not just pirate.
Thanks a lot :D we're gonna do our best to make this the best game we can!

art is nice, who is the artist?
It's TriangulatePixels; they don't really have any social media though, and have only done art for this game for the most part, so practically everything they've done is already visible in-game etc.

• Hey there
Reactions: Shadowclonezero

rroniandmagj

Jul 29, 2021
For the most part, just beating the demo will do it.
In the full game though, it'll be unlocked through skill and exploration-based achievements.

View attachment 1924339

Weekly Progress Report #51 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.
ok, give me save please

benificent

Dec 5, 2018
'Ello HentaiWriter.

Just wanted to say how proud I am of everything you have accomplished w/ this game.
I know when your head is in something for so long, all you can see is its imperfections.

But you can always tell when something is a passion project, because the parts that work leave an indelible impression your mind.

Every Demo I have played from your team gets my mind flowing, and it inspires me to keep working on my own stuff.

From an aesthetic standpoint, I love how crisp/fluid your animations are. I am starting to get a handle on asepaint, and I love your level design. (Especially w/ the Electric Level in particular). I am really excited to get my hands on your level editor.

I just have 3 questions:

(1) Would your team ever consider marketing/creating a full price standalone level editor/ Future Fragments' Game Engine?
( I know that alot of this is contingent on sales & as a Pre-Law student I understand the importance of protecting your proprietary assets)

(2) What Coding Language do you recommend for these types of Metroidvania style games? I have been trying to learn Java atm. But I keep hearing about other languages as well.

(3) How big are your "grids" pixel wise? Have been trying to find that golden ratio for a while.

I know you are busy, but I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all the work you have been doing. If the product is good, they will come.

Last edited:
Reactions: doregreat

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
'Ello HentaiWriter.

Just wanted to say how proud I am of everything you have accomplished w/ this game...
...But you can always tell when something is a passion project, because the parts that work leave an indelible impression your mind.
Thanks a lot man, seriously :)

(1) Would your team ever consider marketing/creating a full price standalone level editor/ Future Fragments' Game Engine?
( I know that alot of this is contingent on sales & as a Pre-Law student I understand the importance of protecting your proprietary assets)
We'd want to, but yeah, there's a lot of legal complications with it; the editor that'll be bundled with the game though WILL allow you to make any of your own cutscenes/text/levels, you just can't swap your own art or your own audio in, that's all.

(2) What Coding Language do you recommend for these types of Metroidvania style games? I have been trying to learn Java atm. But I keep hearing about other languages as well.
Personally, I think anything works as long as you're comfortable with it, but I'm not a programmer beyond the very basics, so it's not like I'd be able to give great advice on that.

(3) How big are your "grids" pixel wise? Have been trying to find that golden ratio for a while.
They're 80 x 80 :)

I know you are busy, but I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all the work you have been doing. If the product is good, they will come.
Yeah, we're doing our best, and it's getting compliments and well wishes about the game like this that keep us motivated!

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Afaik you can even combine languages that can work together, Java and C++ comes to mind for mobile applications for example? Might also be the case for PC games, I don't know for certain.
But, as a rule of thumb, languages that run in a VM that runs on top of the operating system like C# and Java are much easier to work with, but slow as fuck when running.
Languages that run just on top of the operating system like C (do not write a game in C tho), C++ (you can write it in this, it's the fastest), even Rust (I think) run very fast in comparison so you'll have less of a headache optimising your game.
It's down to you really.
If you want to make something rather simple, like a sidescroller, pretty much any language will do so may as well go for the easier ones.
If you want to make a resource-intensive game, C++ is just king and there's no beating it right now as far as I know.

g659039

Apr 10, 2018
you just can't swap your own art or your own audio in, that's all.
So what's the point then? The main driving force behind the Hentai game is eroticism. There will be little point in going through the extra levels without new H content.
I understand that adding an opponent generator would be very difficult, but oh well...

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So what's the point then? The main driving force behind the Hentai game is eroticism. There will be little point in going through the extra levels without new H content.
I understand that adding an opponent generator would be very difficult, but oh well...
To be clear, the editor is the same thing we built to make the game ourselves with; you can write in any dialogue you want, have the characters perform any movement/action they do in-game, move the camera, trigger visual effects, play sounds, play music, and of course build maps/levels to the same degree of thorough-ness we did for the game itself.

Jason Bill, one of our backers, has done some really impressive stuff with it; while you can't put in *new* h-animations and such, you can be pretty creative with the existing assets due to the degree of freedom you have with how the animations play, when they play, where they play, what they play, what frames do or don't show, what order it plays in, the accompanying sound effects and text, etc.

Also, there are a lot of people who play the game for the story, not just the eroticism; many people would argue that a good story helps the erotic content as well (myself included).

Just the map maker itself offers a significant degree of freedom beyond even that of say, Mario Maker, let alone how much you can do with the cutscene creator.

But that all said, the editor is considered a bonus feature for free with the game; it's not the main draw or main gameplay.

g659039

Apr 10, 2018
But why don't you even consider it? At least the ability to run your own sprite animation instead of in game one, from own gif file?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
But why don't you even consider it? At least the ability to run your own sprite animation instead of in game one, from own gif file?
The reason why is a combination of both legal and logistics reasons;

- For legal things, we open ourselves up to a host of lawsuits and other legal issues if we officially allow people to just put in say, copyrighted characters or etc. as you'll be able to trade these map packs on our website soon after launch.

- For logistics reasons, every animation in the game has a set framerate, hitboxes, collision rules, and in some cases, AI that interacts with it, sound effects that automatically play, etc. So if people imported their own art and animations, we'd need to make the editor somehow allow for people to link up proper hitboxes, collision, etc. which would make things much, much more bug-prone and difficult to setup.

Reactions: ene23 and Akachan

doregreat

May 3, 2017
We've stopped putting out demos to the public and backers both as we've been focusing on finishing the game.
Can you give us an older version of level editor ( maybe something with limited features ) so that we can play around with it while we wait for the full release ?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Can you give us an older version of level editor ( maybe something with limited features ) so that we can play around with it while we wait for the full release ?
The editor is built into the game, so there's no way to separate them; that said, I'd like to avoid putting any more versions "out into the wild" as it were, because there's already a lot of confusion going around as to which build is the latest, which one has the most content, etc.

Someone went to review our game recently and ended up getting a demo/backer build that was the first one for a new level (a 2+ year old build), and thanks to it, they assumed we'd done almost no work on the game in years, so it's those kinds of misunderstandings I'd like to not make worse by introducing even more builds out there.

itzbob

Nov 10, 2017
Should post a build timeline somewhere might help. With June almost over and aug coming up summer months are almost up. Hows the Release time still looking?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Should post a build timeline somewhere might help. With June almost over and aug coming up summer months are almost up. Hows the Release time still looking?
I think a build timeline might look like a pretzel or something, lol

But the release time's still looking good, end of Summer at latest (September 22nd), but we're gonna try to get it out before then potentially. Whatever we got though by the September 22nd, it's getting submitted to Steam, period.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
#52 July 21st progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #52 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes