d1994836

Mar 23, 2018
But yeah, the ability for people to have a smaller game screen would be good, it's not really a new concept for things on pc. Getting Fullscreen working would be good, too. The game window being off some is 1 of the biggest problems.
works pretty well

James3

Dec 12, 2018
I'm having a hard time understanding what you actually want. The game is 720p, which apparently is already big enough for you. But what do you mean by wrap properly? Your example of dragging one edge of the window to the edge of the screen has nothing to do with wrapping, it just makes the window longer in that direction. If you want the window centered, you can use software for that. AutoHotKey can do that for instance.
Not sure why you don't understand it, I want it to center better than it does. Nice to know you need additional programs/software to do that with a game made in the mid-Two-Thousand-Teens, though. :D

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Not sure why you don't understand it, I want it to center better than it does. Nice to know you need additional programs/software to do that with a game made in the mid-Two-Thousand-Teens, though. :D
Seriously though. What do you want? If you want the window to be perfectly centered on your screen, then software is just about the only way to achieve that. Otherwise you can just drag the window to the center, can't you.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
As explained before, the game doesn't use vector graphics, because everything is hand-drawn.

This means resizing things is going to cause issues, because engines can't usually scale pixel art well if there aren't vectors involved or if it's not "faux" pixel art (like in Dead Cells, for example, which is actually a 3D game).

As you can see, the programming and science behind doing these things is fairly complex and engine-straining, which is why we don't have it in our game currently given all the other complexities going on with it.

We do plan to have something like that for the full game, but it'll take time and a lot of hoops to jump through to make it so it doesn't look bad.

(I would similarly question why you're needing to use WinRAR to open up games on a computer in 2020, though, or at any time, really :p)

James3

Dec 12, 2018
(I would similarly question why you're needing to use WinRAR to open up games on a computer in 2020, though, or at any time, really :p)
Because I didn't? It just came up that way when I clicked on Future Fragments and then I removed Winrar for calling me a thief after the trial period, but mainly because I realized I wasn't deliberately using Winrar past the first time.
Otherwise you can just drag the window to the center, can't you.
If it didn't fight for bad and annoying positions like a retarded little bitch, I wouldn't have brought it up.

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
If it didn't fight for bad and annoying positions like a retarded little bitch, I wouldn't have brought it up.
I have yet to read a statement from you explaining what the problem with centering the window actually is. What is happening that's preventing you from just dragging the window to the center of the screen? What makes it "a retarded little bitch"?

James3

Dec 12, 2018
I have yet to read a statement from you explaining what the problem with centering the window actually is. What is happening that's preventing you from just dragging the window to the center of the screen? What makes it "a retarded little bitch"?
Play area is always bigger than the screen. Horizontally, one side is always a little off it while the border is visible on the other. Vertically, a larger amount goes past the bottom of the screen and there's nothing to be done about it. I also don't understand why it looks as pixelated as it does if it "HAS TO BE THAT SIZE!"

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I also don't understand why it looks as pixelated as it does if it "HAS TO BE THAT SIZE!"
That's the intent; it's pixel art.

If you can though, start the game up and get to some gameplay, and then press F12 to save a screenshot, and if the screenshot looks as you expected (it matches the game you're seeing), can you post it here to see if there's any abnormalities?

As far as it stretching beyond your screen, if it's a 1080p screen like you noted, that shouldn't be possible, since the game only runs in 1280 x 720.

So either you've got a third party program reducing your resolution size (or Windows itself) or a third party program is increasing the size of the game itself.

If you can too, can you press Print Screen on your keyboard to copy your screen itself and post that in here too?

A lot of this is stuff that's never happened to anyone else as far as we know for the last 5 years so I'd like to solve what's going on here if possible.

James3

Dec 12, 2018
That's the intent; it's pixel art.

Yeah, but normally, you notice that less the smaller it gets.

If you can though, start the game up and get to some gameplay, and then press F12 to save a screenshot, and if the screenshot looks as you expected (it matches the game you're seeing), can you post it here to see if there's any abnormalities?

As far as it stretching beyond your screen, if it's a 1080p screen like you noted, that shouldn't be possible, since the game only runs in 1280 x 720.

So either you've got a third party program reducing your resolution size (or Windows itself) or a third party program is increasing the size of the game itself.

If you can too, can you press Print Screen on your keyboard to copy your screen itself and post that in here too?

A lot of this is stuff that's never happened to anyone else as far as we know for the last 5 years so I'd like to solve what's going on here if possible.
The most relevant ones as far as I can tell, Bare in mind, the screencaps aren't showing any less than I can actually see on the screen at one time.
FUTURE FRAGMENTS.png FF.png FF2.png FF3.png FF4.png FF5.png
And yes, I did try minimizing the taskbar, it still hides some of the bottom.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Yeah, but normally, you notice that less the smaller it gets.
Not sure what this means or how it's in relation to what you were saying about it being "too pixelated".
The screencaps you have look normal, too, so that is how the game is intended to look intentionally, aesthetically.
Given that so far we haven't had any complaints about it (until now) across a lot of platforms, we're gonna keep that as is :p

The most relevant ones as far as I can tell, Bare in mind, the screencaps aren't showing any less than I can actually see on the screen at one time.
The current build of the game can't do anything but 1280 x 720 and full screen, and as that isn't fullscreen, the problem unfortunately has to be on your end.

Your screen resolution might be able to take 1080p, but it's extremely likely that you've got it set to 1280 x 720 (or smaller).
Try going on your Start menu and typing "resolution", then picking "adjust screen resolution", and then changing the "resolution option" to something above what it is now.

If you can't make it any bigger, can you screencap the screen resolution window for us?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
James3 It looks like you somehow made the game window the same internal size (size without Windows border around it) as your monitor, which is 1080p. As HentaiWriter said, the game only goes up to 720p. If the game was its normal size, it would have no issue fitting on your screen. Do you have some third party program that's resizing the game, or did you do that manually?

James3

Dec 12, 2018
The current build of the game can't do anything but 1280 x 720 and full screen, and as that isn't fullscreen, the problem unfortunately has to be on your end.

Your screen resolution might be able to take 1080p, but it's extremely likely that you've got it set to 1280 x 720 (or smaller).
Try going on your Start menu and typing "resolution", then picking "adjust screen resolution", and then changing the "resolution option" to something above what it is now.

If you can't make it any bigger, can you screencap the screen resolution window for us?
capture_001_18012020_132117.png
There, happy? Unless it has to all actually be OVER 1080, the screen is fine.

James3 It looks like you somehow made the game window the same internal size (size without Windows border around it) as your monitor, which is 1080p. As HentaiWriter said, the game only goes up to 720p. If the game was its normal size, it would have no issue fitting on your screen. Do you have some third party program that's resizing the game, or did you do that manually?
Would Irfanview do that, or is there a file you can miss while taking out Winrar? Sometimes I plug this computer into the flatscreen tv, is the i3 enough of a little retard to get confused by that?

Oh, and another thing that annoys me with the game is the complete inability to Ctrl-mousewheel it's size, either.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Would Irfanview do that, or is there a file you can miss while taking out Winrar? Sometimes I plug this computer into the flatscreen tv, is the i3 enough of a little retard to get confused by that?
Irfanview and Winrar shouldn't interact with this game at all, neither should where you plug the monitor in.
I honestly don't have a solution for you because a lot of this stuff just makes no sense, as the game literally can't blow itself up to that resolution, as well as the mentions of winrar and irfanview which can't interface with a .exe file at all; this is the first time we've ever had anyone with this problem as well, so I'm thinking it might be some third party program we don't know about that we can't really diagnose without knowing it.

Oh, and another thing that annoys me with the game is the complete inability to Ctrl-mousewheel it's size, either.
As mentioned earlier, the game currently only has one resolution available, and then fullscreen.
The game isn't a Flash game, so it can't resize its assets on the fly as Flash uses all vector assets.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Irfanview is an image viewer as far as I know, so that wouldn't have anything to do with the size you're running the game. Winrar is just for unpacking archives, so the same goes for that. Plugging the computer into another screen will not, or should I say should not cause the window to be a particular size either.
What do you mean with that? You want to be able to resize the game with control plus scrolling? Like you would do in your browser? What other applications and games let you do that sort of stuff.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm beginning to think that the issues you're running into are caused by human error. It does not seem like you're tech-savvy at all, so it could be that you downloaded a program somewhere that's causing the game to be the size it is. Are you sure there is not some program that you use to run games in borderless fullscreen or something? Something that could change the size of windows?

brojob

Feb 23, 2018
I haven't monitored this thread in a while: have there been any recent demos and when is expected release? Thanks!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I haven't monitored this thread in a while: have there been any recent demos and when is expected release? Thanks!
There haven't been any demos since v0.44 in October/November, the next monthly demo is coming at the end of February/start of March.

We're aiming to get the game out by May 2020 at best, before the end of 2020 at the absolute latest.

Trying to get it done as fast as possible but we don't want to release an incomplete game either; we're probably 80% done overall with the game.

James3

Dec 12, 2018
Like you would do in your browser? What other applications and games let you do that sort of stuff.
Well, the desktop itself, unless that's what you meant by just "browser", in the singular, in which case the internet ones.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm beginning to think that the issues you're running into are caused by human error. It does not seem like you're tech-savvy at all, so it could be that you downloaded a program somewhere that's causing the game to be the size it is. Are you sure there is not some program that you use to run games in borderless fullscreen or something? Something that could change the size of windows?
Only other things even remotely like that would be some comic viewer, which was more 1-page-at-a-time than Irfanview:with it's Tif-related stuff (Which I've never used, along with any Tifs or saving anything as 1), and Screengrab, which is obviously 1-page-at-a-time. I rarely download shit.

HentaiWriter and anyone responding: I had some monitor with unusual dimensions that displays showed badly on and that also didn't allow some computers to use their keyboards hooked up at 1 point, are you sure monitors never effect things?

-Edit: Could Tor Browser cause it at all? I know it likes to mess with it's own window size in unusual ways, though I don't see why that would effect anything but Firefox.

Last edited:

James3

Dec 12, 2018
D
There haven't been any demos since v0.44 in October/November, the next monthly demo is coming at the end of February/start of March.

We're aiming to get the game out by May 2020 at best, before the end of 2020 at the absolute latest.

Trying to get it done as fast as possible but we don't want to release an incomplete game either; we're probably 80% done overall with the game.
Don't rush. The biggest complaint I've been seeing about games is tacked-on half-assed endings due to time, so maybe at least rounding it up to January, 2021 would be best.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes