GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
I wouldn't suggest splitting yourself apart trying to cater to the lowest common denominator.

People could literally have a 800x600 monitor and they would first ask a dev to cater to them before bothering to upgrade to newer tech.

Reactions: MagicSlay

James3

Dec 12, 2018
So the game natively runs at 1280 x 720; fullscreen is a bit buggy which is why we've disabled it on later releases, but what size is your desktop resolution/monitor size?
Well I couldn't find the box but here's what came up for the number on it online:

Screen Size 21.5"

Maximum Resolution (Full HD)1920 x 1080@60 Hz

Aspect Ratio 16:9

Response Time 5 ms

Color Supported 16.7 Million

Brightness 250 cd/m²

Backlight LED

Viewing Angles 178° Horizontal

178° Vertical

Panel Type VA (Vertical Alignment)

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
I wouldn't suggest splitting yourself apart trying to cater to the lowest common denominator.

People could literally have a 800x600 monitor and they would first ask a dev to cater to them before bothering to upgrade to newer tech.
Just like people using Windows Vista and complain when games/programs no longer support it.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Well I couldn't find the box but here's what came up for the number on it online:

Screen Size 21.5"

Maximum Resolution (Full HD)1920 x 1080@60 Hz

Aspect Ratio 16:9

Response Time 5 ms

Color Supported 16.7 Million

Brightness 250 cd/m²

Backlight LED

Viewing Angles 178° Horizontal

178° Vertical

Panel Type VA (Vertical Alignment)
If you're on Windows 10 right click on your desktop and select "Display settings". From there look for "Display resolution". It could be that that is set to something other than your monitor's native resolution.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
so were are all the computers at. do they add the gold and siver computers up to make for all of them.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
can't defeat this mainframe boss. The bar of soap is not working anymore. Anyone has any clue how!?
Remember to use your fire dash to be invulnerable for a short period of time, and to let you get through walls of bullets.
Otherwise, spamming attacks on him works the best; charge shots don't do anymore than a regular shot against him.

so were are all the computers at. do they add the gold and siver computers up to make for all of them.
The area you're going through in the game is a tiny portion of the whole facility; the computers/databanks in general are only there more as "references" or "hard drives" for the WORM.

Most members of the WORM have built in cybernetics in their suits, and all members of the "future human race" have nanomachines that can tap into networks and bring up info as well for them, so typical physical computers that are out in the open like that are usually rare.

Cylon

Mar 26, 2018
Is there any way to get a hold of the level editor aside from pledging $50/month? I'd love to play around with it, but that's pretty steep...

Zimbabawe9128

Apr 18, 2019
Remember to use your fire dash to be invulnerable for a short period of time, and to let you get through walls of bullets.
Otherwise, spamming attacks on him works the best; charge shots don't do anymore than a regular shot against him.
Yeah the controls are clonky for that to happen. When spamming the fire button it seems to be queueing them up in a single line that when I press C to do the charge it just doesn't happen instantly or at the moment I want it to. But i manage to beat it using the proper equips

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is there any way to get a hold of the level editor aside from pledging $50/month? I'd love to play around with it, but that's pretty steep...
If you pledge once, you get all updates for it for the remainder of development even if you never pledge again, as well as a copy of the game on release too.

That said, we're likely going to be bundling the editor for free with the game itself on release (the game itself will cost $20 on release unless you pledged on Patreon, at which point it'll be $10).

The reason we have the editor up that high right now is because we're doing a lot of work on the editor solely for level editors during the campaign (basically request features and we put them in for you if we can), as well as you effectively getting all demos even if you never pledge again as each editor version contains the demos from prior months.

Yeah the controls are clonky for that to happen. When spamming the fire button it seems to be queueing them up in a single line that when I press C to do the charge it just doesn't happen instantly or at the moment I want it to. But i manage to beat it using the proper equips
If the Fire Dash isn't instantly coming out, that's really odd, it might be that your keyboard doesn't support multiple button presses.

Try reconfiguring the controls using the ESC key to set the keys how you want, and that should help, but yeah if your keyboard isn't able to handle 3+ keys at once there's not too much we can do about that outside of suggesting the above or to use a controller.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
This sprite sex game has been in development and milking Patreon fools for 3 years. Is it ever going to be finished?
It's actually been 5 years, as of January; we started in January 2015.

As far as milking people, here's a slightly paraphrased quote that we posted on our Discord;

-------------------------------------

To people that have said we were milking this game on Patreon; we're decreasing $500-1000 a month in pledges and have been doing so since around March 2019.

Milking the game and continuing it out with padding would be probably the stupidest thing we could do as a result.

This is one reason why we want to get the game out ASAP, besides the fact that we want to make more games, not sit on the same game for eternity when we have so many other ideas for so many other games.

TBH, any dev milking it instead of trying to get it finished and released on Steam is dumb if they're solely in it for the money, because Steam profits are easily 10-100x what the monthly income is for Patreon, and that's not counting the other 20+ sites you can sell the game on too.

Residual income from finished game sales PLUS the monthly income from a new game >>>> milking a game while your pledges decrease.
:p

So whether you're in it for solely money, solely game devving, or a combination of both, milking it is never a good idea because it never benefits anyone ever.

tl;dr we're not milking it, and never have. That's why our pledge system is setup so that if you pledge once, you get the rewards forever (sans demos, but those are pirated here anyways), even if you never pledge again.

And if anyone does feel their money hasn't been well spent, we've always offered since day one that we will refund you in full, no matter what, even if that means refunding you hundreds or thousands of dollars, we have and will continue to stick to that policy.

In fact, here's a picture showing every refund we've ever given through Patreon;

Screenshot_372.png

And as far as to why the game's taking so long to get done, we're a 3 person team doing the work of what would take most games a 10+ person team, tbh.

Considering the full game will have (and already has a majority of this done);
  • 20+ enemies, 6 bosses, and 150+ H-animations
  • 150+ optional interactive cutscenes, with your choices during them affecting many other cutscenes/databanks, and every choice you make affecting what ending you get out of 30+ possible endings
  • 120+ optional databanks
  • 50+ powerups, with all of them needing to be able to be mixed/matched in sets of 3, which is a programming nightmare
  • 25+ hours of voice acting in over 200+ roles from 60+ voice actors that all need to be coordinated, hired, have their takes chosen and cut and mastered, etc.
  • 5 stages with 30+ maps each, and each level having 3 parallax backgrounds and 3 tilesets
  • 1000+ sound effects, all original just as everything else is here
  • Multiple mechanics per level, so each level is basically its own game within a game
  • 3 movement abilities that you get over the course of the game that we have to design maps around so that the map flows with or without the players using the abilities, while still having use for the abilities so that they're not pointless
  • 70+ song soundtrack where the music changes in real time based on events around you

...along with of course bugtesting, playtesting, and setting up companies and distributors and a lot of legal/business paperwork for getting the game on lots of platforms as well as getting it translated into multiple languages shortly after launch, keeping up with social media updates, and clarifying things on forums like this...

I think it's fairly reasonable it's taken us this long.

Another thing is that we've been building for/adding onto this monster of an engine that Frouge has made for the game this whole time, so future games should be much faster as a result of how robust and malleable his engine is.

James3

Dec 12, 2018
So the game natively runs at 1280 x 720; fullscreen is a bit buggy which is why we've disabled it on later releases, but what size is your desktop resolution/monitor size?
But yeah, the ability for people to have a smaller game screen would be good, it's not really a new concept for things on pc. Getting Fullscreen working would be good, too. The game window being off some is 1 of the biggest problems.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
But yeah, the ability for people to have a smaller game screen would be good, it's not really a new concept for things on pc. Getting Fullscreen working would be good, too. The game window being off some is 1 of the biggest problems.
Unfortunately, we can't do a smaller or bigger resolution right now without a good number of the game aspects breaking;

- regarding making things larger, as the game is not using any form of vector graphics/unity/flash stuff, upscaling the graphics will cause a number of visual problems if allowed universally; we now have zooming in on things, but that's within a "contained environment" so to speak, so it doesn't have too many issues.

- regarding downscaling, if we bring the text box and other GUI factors down with it, it will make the text unreadable to most and other GUI features very difficult to see also; if we don't and we keep them normally sized, then they'll clip out of the viewable game area and will be cut off.

We do want to look back into this later on near the end of development, but for right now due to those two reasons, it's not too high of a priority; I apologize.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
It's actually been 5 years, as of January; we started in January 2015.

As far as milking people, here's a slightly paraphrased quote that we posted on our Discord;

To people that have said we were milking this game on Patreon; we're decreasing $500-1000 a month in pledges and have been doing so since around March 2019.

Milking the game and continuing it out with padding would be probably the stupidest thing we could do as a result.

This is one reason why we want to get the game out ASAP, besides the fact that we want to make more games, not sit on the same game for eternity when we have so many other ideas for so many other games.

TBH, any dev milking it instead of trying to get it finished and released on Steam is dumb if they're solely in it for the money, because Steam profits are easily 10-100x what the monthly income is for Patreon, and that's not counting the other 20+ sites you can sell the game on too.

Residual income from finished game sales PLUS the monthly income from a new game >>>> milking a game while your pledges decrease.
:p

So whether you're in it for solely money, solely game devving, or a combination of both, milking it is never a good idea because it never benefits anyone ever.

tl;dr we're not milking it, and never have. That's why our pledge system is setup so that if you pledge once, you get the rewards forever (sans demos, but those are pirated here anyways), even if you never pledge again.

And if anyone does feel their money hasn't been well spent, we've always offered since day one that we will refund you in full, no matter what, even if that means refunding you hundreds or thousands of dollars, we have and will continue to stick to that policy.

In fact, here's a picture showing every refund we've ever given through Patreon;

View attachment 514666

And as far as to why the game's taking so long to get done, we're a 3 person team doing the work of what would take most games a 10+ person team, tbh.

Considering the full game will have (and already has a majority of this done);
  • 20+ enemies, 6 bosses, and 150+ H-animations
  • 150+ optional interactive cutscenes, with your choices during them affecting many other cutscenes/databanks, and every choice you make affecting what ending you get out of 30+ possible endings
  • 120+ optional databanks
  • 50+ powerups, with all of them needing to be able to be mixed/matched in sets of 3, which is a programming nightmare
  • 25+ hours of voice acting in over 200+ roles from 60+ voice actors that all need to be coordinated, hired, have their takes chosen and cut and mastered, etc.
  • 5 stages with 30+ maps each, and each level having 3 parallax backgrounds and 3 tilesets
  • 1000+ sound effects, all original just as everything else is here
  • Multiple mechanics per level, so each level is basically its own game within a game
  • 3 movement abilities that you get over the course of the game that we have to design maps around so that the map flows with or without the players using the abilities, while still having use for the abilities so that they're not pointless
  • 70+ song soundtrack where the music changes in real time based on events around you

...along with of course bugtesting, playtesting, and setting up companies and distributors and a lot of legal/business paperwork for getting the game on lots of platforms as well as getting it translated into multiple languages shortly after launch, keeping up with social media updates, and clarifying things on forums like this...

I think it's fairly reasonable it's taken us this long.

Another thing is that we've been building for/adding onto this monster of an engine that Frouge has made for the game this whole time, so future games should be much faster as a result of how robust and malleable his engine is.
Damn, that's a lot of people taking the mickey with those one month pledge refunds. Looking forward to the final release, even if I havn't been able to support for a while.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Damn, that's a lot of people taking the mickey with those one month pledge refunds. Looking forward to the final release, even if I havn't been able to support for a while.
In most cases, the refunds were actually due to one of the following three reasons;

- Not realizing that a Patreon pledge resets at the start of the month, so people would pledge on the 25th for example, get charged 6 days later, so we'd refund them if they wanted of course
- People experiencing hardship IRL and they needed all the finances they could, due to medical issues or a car/house accident or robbery or something else etc.
- People who pledged to the wrong tier accidentally, and wanted to pledge to another one instead

Only a few people have wanted a refund due to being upset with the game, but we will and have of course refunded them with no issues too.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well i was always told goodthings come to those who wait. to get good games out to us takes time i think

James3

Dec 12, 2018
Unfortunately, we can't do a smaller or bigger resolution right now without a good number of the game aspects breaking;

- regarding making things larger, as the game is not using any form of vector graphics/unity/flash stuff, upscaling the graphics will cause a number of visual problems if allowed universally; we now have zooming in on things, but that's within a "contained environment" so to speak, so it doesn't have too many issues.

- regarding downscaling, if we bring the text box and other GUI factors down with it, it will make the text unreadable to most and other GUI features very difficult to see also; if we don't and we keep them normally sized, then they'll clip out of the viewable game area and will be cut off.

We do want to look back into this later on near the end of development, but for right now due to those two reasons, it's not too high of a priority; I apologize.
I don't care if it's bigger, it's almost the size of fullscreen anyway. I just want it to wrap properly. With things like ones that use Stant-Alone Flash Player, this is simple, just drag an end to an edge of the screen and it fits in that and the opposite direction (Top-to-taskbar in the case of my stuff). If yours didn't seem like it actively fights against fitting on the screen properly, I wouldn't care at all. I just want it centered more decently.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I don't care if it's bigger, it's almost the size of fullscreen anyway. I just want it to wrap properly. With things like ones that use Stant-Alone Flash Player, this is simple, just drag an end to an edge of the screen and it fits in that and the opposite direction (Top-to-taskbar in the case of my stuff). If yours didn't seem like it actively fights against fitting on the screen properly, I wouldn't care at all. I just want it centered more decently.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you actually want. The game is 720p, which apparently is already big enough for you. But what do you mean by wrap properly? Your example of dragging one edge of the window to the edge of the screen has nothing to do with wrapping, it just makes the window longer in that direction. If you want the window centered, you can use software for that. AutoHotKey can do that for instance.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes