3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

qwerty123kutas

Nov 10, 2017
For people having troubles with errors, extract it using bandizip with encoding set to 'jap default' and using smart extract

Reactions: Tbko

Nyanto

Mar 12, 2019
Anyone got a game similar to this one to recommend? Would like a more complex gameplay with better art and a free world.
I'm not interested in VN so don't mention hours of reading japanese comedy setting. Also, it needs to be translated in english. Even if just the interface and skills to be able to play.

Reactions: Yamemai

Jurjur

Sep 27, 2018
so does this game need to have the locale set in japanese or was it missing some files, because lot of people seems to have loading error now
You're probably right about Locale not helping, but for me it's not just an audio thing. One time it said an audio file was missing and another time it said something in battle commands was. I think the names of the files are fucked up and messing with it.
its an audio file that missing so changing the location of your pc wont do anything
I changed locale to Japanese and I was still get the error. Couldn't get past that error to play...

Turns out you have to change the locale before extracting the game. It works now...

Have fun! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thevoid089

Hmas

Jun 24, 2019
Okay where the HELL is the sailing music from? I've definitely heard it befor. It's like it was ripped straight from some mainstream JRPG

David Preavaz

Jun 26, 2017
For those using Ubuntu on Windows:

1. install the unzip tool: (probably sudo apt-get install unzip)
  2. move to the folder where "Gachinko_Pirates.zip" is (probably cd ~/Downloads)
  3. unzip with cp932 enconde: unzip -O cp932 Gachinko_Pirates.zip
And no more error, the game launches!

Last edited:

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
It's like it's the first time you guys see cp932 zip. Basically _every_ Japanese zip is like this, and this one is not broken. Btw you can simply use unzip (compiled with natspec) and then you specify code page with -O cp932. Apparently it's not that simple if you're on Windows, both Msys2 and Cygwin are vulnerable and don't have natspec patch?

For those using Ubuntu on Windows:

1. install the unzip tool: (probably sudo apt-get install unzip)
  2. move to the folder where "Gachinko_Pirates.zip" is (probably cd ~/Downloads)
  3. unzip with Shift_JIS enconde: unzip -O Shift_JIS Gachinko_Pirates.zip
And no more error, the game launches!
except you want -O cp932

David Preavaz

Jun 26, 2017
It's like it's the first time you guys see cp932 zip. Basically _every_ Japanese zip is like this, and this one is not broken. Btw you can simply use unzip (compiled with natspec) and then you specify code page with -O cp932. Apparently it's not that simple if you're on Windows, both Msys2 and Cygwin are vulnerable and don't have natspec patch?

except you want -O cp932
We all have our first time ^^
Thanks for the correction, cp932 seems right indeed

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Ugh, that walkthrough/guide/whatever was near gibberish, seems it was MTLed or something.

Anyways, got bored of it, but as someone else said, you can just go to one of them villages and buy slaves/metal and go to one of them towns(light blue) to sell for mulah. Rinse and repeat enough to buy one of them big boats, and some items, and it'll make life easier.

Recruiting is annoying though, as you have to destroy their ship without killing them first, and that can be nasty, as the ships have thousands of HP, so you'll need some sort of tank -- Which appears on the 2nd map. Going to need to keep that Iron wall guy.

Reactions: MTL_EN_j0yer

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
Sorry folks (and thanks OP for uploading the game).

I initially had some problems with the battlecommands folder (which were sorted out, hopefully). If y'all have any problems with the latter, please let me know since that's likely my fault. I'm not sure if the OP used the translation patch I was messing with earlier tonight, since that had some bugs, so if you're getting a "battlecommands" error, use the patch from the link in my sig, which should be the most updated (it includes the updated System.json file, and a needed graphics file).

However, I haven't touched the audio folder at all, so I'm pretty sure that you need to change your locale to Japanese (there should be a few guides around on how to do that, since it's common for JRPG RPGMaker games to require that).

Lastly, if you need any help with the game in terms of tips and whatnot, I've included a ReadMe with tips as well as a walkthrough (not mine) that's google translated from Japanese.

Thanks all, and my apologies for any bugs. It took me about 9+ months to get this one down, and I'll be moving onto another translation soon, so hope you enjoy.
Thanks for the translation, man. What can you tell us about this game? What are your thoughts on it?

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
Ugh, that walkthrough/guide/whatever was near gibberish, seems it was MTLed or something.

Anyways, got bored of it, but as someone else said, you can just go to one of them villages and buy slaves/metal and go to one of them towns(light blue) to sell for mulah. Rinse and repeat enough to buy one of them big boats, and some items, and it'll make life easier.

Recruiting is annoying though, as you have to destroy their ship without killing them first, and that can be nasty, as the ships have thousands of HP, so you'll need some sort of tank -- Which appears on the 2nd map. Going to need to keep that Iron wall guy.
Friendly tip that you can kill everyone you are not interested in recruiting and then focus on the ship. It makes life much easier

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes