Ren'Py Gain of Life [v0.35.0] [SirMister]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
The great fun with this game might be in trying to fix or circumvent things that the developer has left in more or less peculiar state.

The kidnapping bug - that can kill the game character and bring came over to the player - seems to be still there, for example, and there are tons of other oddities (features ?) to challenge some industrious tinkerer. Needs a certain kind of genius to make a game like this, I imagine. The nerve to apparently fail so badly in some respects and still boldly go on collecting funds from patrons - spectacular, methinks. (y):giggle:

Reactions: Sissycuck111

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I've legit modded some of the functions a while back. Fullness happens way too soon when at higher weights imo. If they're some behemoth that takes in 5-6k calories a day, you should be able to consume said calories. It falls short in that regard. Dev messing with too many features and got into content creep over a year ago. Is the instagram knockoff social media thing even functional yet? lol

Reactions: tsap

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
I give up on this. Tried modifying the variables on food at the gym. Got one sudden gain of 30lbs, and then it keeps defaulting back to 2 every 3-4 shakes. Stuck fluctuating between 227-229.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
this weird weight gain thing should be optional.
It is optional - you can, fx. visit the gym pretty often and eat 'healthy' (OR drop the game totally). What tougher challenge than keep fit in a sick game that tries it's best (or worst) to fatten up the main character ?

I give up on this. Tried modifying the variables on food at the gym. Got one sudden gain of 30lbs, and then it keeps defaulting back to 2 every 3-4 shakes. Stuck fluctuating between 227-229.
Along your description I think that you are doing quite fine - considering the circumstances! There are things in this game that (to me) appear counter-intuitive; there's no especial lack of bugs and maybe a bit less than brilliant scripts either, so it might take some effort to steer things more to your liking.

Edit: No use to expect very much from this game version, perhaps. The developer kinda destroyed at least the fast food workers job and Jane's love-route . The latter seemed to start with some promise, but at least in my game-effort Jane soon broke up with my MC w/o no reason at all and kept on breaking up again and again. Record this far three (!) break ups per one single day. :ROFLMAO:
Seems the dev has absolutely no idea about what really happens in his own glorious game...

Last edited:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Mixed (and possibly quite confused) observations about version 0.33.0:
- game play still possible. The obvious bugs and miscellaneous problems can be circumvented or perhaps even fixed by the player.
- Jane's 'love-route bug' - Jane's continuous break ups via messages can be avoided by being quite rude towards Jane in the beginning, so there will be only friendship instead of more intimate relationship. No break up (so far) with being just friends.
- the dev has let players know about their intention to fix the fast food worker's job, so it is totally possible that will actually be back again in some (much?) later game version.
- the dev has allowed themselves to be informed about the 'bug' in the content concerning Jane. Instead of promises to fix anything so far they just have let the players understand that it can't be the MC:s loss of weight that causes the break up with Jane. The Dev mentions players wrong choices about the thing. // They might be perfectly right at that, I imagine. [The wrong choices can happen when someone downloads a game, starts playing it AND acts in friendly way with a NPC, fx. ] The main character's weight loss is quite clearly the thing that triggers the break up on love route, but the deeper explanation may lay in missing relationship points like the dev lets people understand. I am not holding my breath waiting for the dev to properly fix Jane's love route...

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.35.0

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 273 MiB

Come find me on Discord:

Last edited:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Fattening Career superior to this game aside from the protag being a guy fattening them up vs a woman fattening herself and to a lasser extent some others. Also dev charges 13/month still? Lol. FC has actual sex animations and a lot of them to boot. Surprised I actually backed this game at one point comparing the two.

Reactions: tsap

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Fattening Career superior to this game aside from the protag being a guy fattening them up vs a woman fattening herself and to a lasser extent some others. Also dev charges 13/month still? Lol. FC has actual sex animations and a lot of them to boot. Surprised I actually backed this game at one point comparing the two.
I agree. Fattening Career is great!
There are others, perhaps as good as FC in their own way. D.I.E.T ('Did I Eat Today') being one of them (version 0.7.1 was possible to download for free, as a demo, last I looked) with several separate stories that I found quite amusing.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Gain of Life [v0.35.0] [SirMister]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Sissycuck111

May 8, 2023
The great fun with this game might be in trying to fix or circumvent things that the developer has left in more or less peculiar state.

The kidnapping bug - that can kill the game character and bring came over to the player - seems to be still there, for example, and there are tons of other oddities (features ?) to challenge some industrious tinkerer. Needs a certain kind of genius to make a game like this, I imagine. The nerve to apparently fail so badly in some respects and still boldly go on collecting funds from patrons - spectacular, methinks. (y):giggle:
That's one of the more clever ways to tell someone that they really suck at developing games. It took me 15 minutes to stop laughing. My hats off to you sir.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
GainOfLife-0.35
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
This one of those forced to progress and trigger events or can you stay skinny and still progress and trigger events?
Quite possible to stay skinny (though I am a bit uncertain whether there IS much progress in this game). The player is more often lured than compelled to eat excessively and losing weight is about as easy as gaining. There are times and situations where some gaining is obviously expected to happen, but one can get skinny again and even get undernourished enough to need instant medical care in order to survive. IMHOP this is one good point in this... hm hm... game?

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes