3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

azagtoth56

Dec 19, 2018
I have to say this game is not bad, I did however wait a couple updates before I continued the story/game. I think I may have to play through again, now that I have a better understanding of the engrish.
All in all, this game isnt bad, but some of the animations/renders are absolutely terrible. I am sorry but bodies dont bend that way and hair never bends that way and stays. but I digress. Kudos to you Viperr for a decent game. just cant get over Amanda's hair in the scene on Kepler and the way Sasha's body contorts in the scene with her. With Sasha in one part it looked like she had a crack in her chest, quite weird haha.

I will continue playing this game. just had to put my 2 cents of worthless commentary in there. :)

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
Stuck on the free roaming im sure i talked to everyone since i9 cannot go anywhere else but the MC Room.
Really have no ideea what to do next .

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamystic

jeannotginto

Jul 22, 2017
Good job !
But, and see no attack, but I am willing to take the spelling and grammatical correction of French texts
Bon boulot !
Par contre, et n'y vois aucune attaque, mais je veux bien prendre la correction orthographe et grammaire des textes français
(pas l'anglais, tu l'auras compris...)
Réponse en MP, je fais ça gratos, à faire suivre au cas où...
yes exactly maybe try a reload on the console ctrl + o

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
So this VN (I'm not calling this a game, it's clearly not) is clearly bugged. There are numerous instances where if you click into somewhere there's no way out of it (see Cargo Bay for example), in others there are issues with the animations, there's french in what should be english.

The game says Version 1.4, but it's not in a playable or working state. At best this can be considered 0.4.

I would recommend that the Developer boot up a liveboot of Manjaro or some other simple linux distribution to check for cross compatibility bugs and ensure that they are not using system specific fixes to ensure that other players can play on a variety of different systems.

Likewise I would encourage the Dev to play games such as ManOfTheHouse to look at a relatively good/accessible interface design. Look at the code ensure that there is always a way back or that errors are flagged if an unexpected error occurs.

As for the French to English translation, an English proof reader is required.

The underlying concept is there and the story seems intriguing but the medium isn't working.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
So this VN (I'm not calling this a game, it's clearly not) is clearly bugged. There are numerous instances where if you click into somewhere there's no way out of it (see Cargo Bay for example), in others there are issues with the animations, there's french in what should be english.

The game says Version 1.4, but it's not in a playable or working state. At best this can be considered 0.4.

I would recommend that the Developer boot up a liveboot of Manjaro or some other simple linux distribution to check for cross compatibility bugs and ensure that they are not using system specific fixes to ensure that other players can play on a variety of different systems.

Likewise I would encourage the Dev to play games such as ManOfTheHouse to look at a relatively good/accessible interface design. Look at the code ensure that there is always a way back or that errors are flagged if an unexpected error occurs.

As for the French to English translation, an English proof reader is required.

The underlying concept is there and the story seems intriguing but the medium isn't working.
Have you made many games yourself? From scratch? On your own?

If you can't give constructive feedback, please don't give any at all.

The game does have an English proofreader; however, with almost a quarter of a million words, it's understandably a slow process. (only 4,000 lines left to do for the current version)

Happy New Year! :)

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
It's wise not to make assumptions, I have indeed, but that's as far as I'm going to divulge. I am/was (we'll see depending on improvements, provided it becomes playable as I indicated before the underlying premise is there) a player of this game and that's all that counts.

My previous comment was constructive. I'm not sure what your definitions of constructive feed back are but mine are:

"Identify the problem" and "Provide a solution".

French to English = Shockingly poor. Solution: Get an English Proof reader to correct the grammar/spelling. Ultimate solution: Go to school learn English. You've indicated the there is already an English Proof reader... I'm assuming that none of that has been put into the actual game yet as the English I have come across so far throughout the game... well to quote an earlier commentator, "dat english tho". I completely understand that English is not the Devs first language and that a good effort has been made hence the proof reader suggestion to tidy it up. Please note I am not confusing the terms Proof Reader and English Translator, two entirely different things. Course I've only gotten to the Free Roaming bit and I've already come across parts where there are lines of french everywhere and I'm having to use Google Translate to play. (The Quest Log is practically all in French at this point).

Even on the main page in the 'English' translation Préférence and Langue? (I have double checked this is version 1.4).

User Interface (UI) Design = Shockingly poor even for Ren'Py. Solution: Play other games learn from the examples, specifically put in extra items so you can get back to working content. To make this obvious: Put arrows to move between rooms instead of relying on text events to throw you back. This means you can go somewhere without having to interact with characters. This is exactly why I referred to a specific game that did UI well. Another solution would be to step back from more gameplay elements and go back to Visual Novel 'linear' elements, but it's not a solution I'd recommend because it hinders self development.

In version 1.3 a points system was added but there's no way to track this yourself so at least one UI item is missing. Solution = Add it.

The game appears to not be cross platform compatible. Many users have pointed out they can't play this game while the Dev apparently can. This means something is going catastrophically wrong. Solution = Boot up a distinct operating system as a sandbox to ensure compatibility. (Standard software development tactic).

Animations I cannot provide solutions for, not my area of expertise, but hands flapping around and toes twitching somewhat unnaturally are probably not what the Dev wants?

I'll admit, I'm not playing nicey nicey, many of these issues appear to have been present from pretty much day one and it seems without stronger criticism of how the game development is going, the Dev is going to push ever onwards in the same vein and that will discourage a lot of people from playing what could be one of the better Visual Novels here.

viperr

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2018
hi all and happy new year!

i just want to say that i do this VN (not a game) for fun...i am not a professional
i am a plumber in the life so i didnt went to school for long my english is basicaly "bryan is in the kitchen" is how we learn english in France.
but now i will really think if i continue or not.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017

i just want to say that i do this VN (not a game) for fun...i am not a professional
i am a plumber in the life so i didnt went to school for long my english is basicaly "bryan is in the kitchen" is how we learn english in France.
Yes, please continue, it's a great story and you've done so much. :)

I know you only do this as a hobby, but have you considered having a Patreon page? You could have it without tiers so that people could donate if they wanted to.

Reactions: Haast

BMK2K7

Aug 13, 2019

Don't listen to some haters I and many others really enjoy this game so I hope you continue it at your own pace :D

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Dev, one suggestion, either enable rollback or at least make it so that unren can enable it without breaking the game.

Not allowing rollback is frustrating, once you see you made a wrong decision and have to re-load the game instead of just rolling back before the decision.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

It's funny, because at times the English is really terrible, but on the other hand the story and scope is actually good, so it's fun playing the game.

As for the sandbox game play, I'm not really a fan. Your game worked just as well so far without the free-roam and the free-roam is indeed quite buggy.
Maybe it would be wiser to play it safe and stay with a pure VN until you are sure you can implement it without those game-breaking bugs.

But you should definitely continue because despite the weaknesses your game is fun and you've created so many species, characters and have so many ideas, not continuing would be a pity.

Last edited:

dragenx

Jan 1, 2020
Having a problem with the game I get to the jail cell puzzle and I got them in the right place but the dose not continue so I click on give up and the game crash and I get error Dose anyone know what to do or fix for it Would like to continue the game

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Having a problem with the game I get to the jail cell puzzle and I got them in the right place but the dose not continue so I click on give up and the game crash and I get error Dose anyone know what to do or fix for it Would like to continue the game
That puzzle isn't complete, look in the bottom right-hand corner, the shading is off, try rotating it.

Also, I think you might have it upside down.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
viperr, please continue. I really like your game. Yes, it has a few bugs, but nearly every game i've played here has bugs. I am sure all the bugs will get fixed in time. Your story is really good and quite unique compared to other games here, so I anxiously await each update. Please take the suggestions here as good-natured help to make your game even better.

The English translation is fine. Sure, a few French words creep in here and there, and some of the grammer isn't textbook perfect, but I have no trouble figuring out what the characters are saying. I give a big thanks to I'm Not Thea Lundgren for helping with the translation. I am sure he is doing it for free or almost nothing.

While bug reports and constructive criticism are helpful to the develper to guide future plans for the game, everyone should realize that these games are in development. They are not supposed to be totally error free until the final version is released, and even then I see bug fixes for a lot of games. Developers, like viperr, release them as a hobby and a learning experience. Imagine if you created something that took thousands of hours of your time, for free, to the community, and you got responses like, "too many bugs, deleted" or "this game is unplayable" (clearly not true because a lot of us have been playing it and like it). Come on, have some decency. If this game is not your cup of tea, fine, but there is no need to beat up on the developer, especially a new developer who doesn't have years of experience in game development or a whole team working on the game.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes