VN Unity Abandoned Game Legends [v2018.05] [Trinity]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

FunFiction

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2017
Hey everyone.
Exciting news about next release !
This Friday you will see our new story 2014.04b.
We decided to put a little extra time and effort into this upcoming release. We've heard your requests to see animation and choices, and we are finally delivering. This next release has a few short animated sequences in it as well as a few interesting dialogue choices! The stakes are finally raised, and we hope to continue this trend down the line.

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017
I'm a little confused on the term 'Kinetic Novel'. So... am I clicking just to forward a page, or does the reader make any decisions at all?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm a little confused on the term 'Kinetic Novel'. So... am I clicking just to forward a page, or does the reader make any decisions at all?
Up to this point, there are no choices at all. That is the definition of Kinetic novel. Though as Funfiction said above, this latest story will change that. We've begun to implement choices. It will be out, hopefully by friday.

That said, the stories are each fun in their own way, so while you're just along for the ride, we've tried to make that ride as enjoyable as possible.

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017
Up to this point, there are no choices at all. That is the definition of Kinetic novel. Though as Funfiction said above, this latest story will change that. We've begun to implement choices. It will be out, hopefully by friday.

That said, the stories are each fun in their own way, so while you're just along for the ride, we've tried to make that ride as enjoyable as possible.
Thank you for the clarification. As a digital book I would have no interest. I buy 1-3 digital books a week and probably have 100 I have not read yet. The process of interaction / decision making transfers the product into a game in my mind, so I will look forward to your future releases.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

FunFiction

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2017
New story 2018.04b is out ! ( as always available for free to all )

What's new:
  • added "Night Visit" story. This is our first story with path choices.
  • new non-video animations to help avoid video-codec-compatibility problems.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I do, but MotH (another Unity game) also fails to open H.264-encoded videos. That game also crashes on detecting the error, but it doesn't have a Linux build, so there is an extra layer to fail in.
You're playing under Wine, right?

claims to fix MotH video issues under Wine on Linux. It would probably work for Game Legends too.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Tried the linux build of School Voyeur again, and this time the game didn't crash immediately: I got two video timeout error messages and a segfault after togruta_out failed. Similar deal with the new story, crashing after Olivia is seen.

Running the windows build under Wine with ffdshow et al also didn't show the animations, but did avoid crashing. The animations in the new story did work in that setup.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

xslayermkdx

Jun 4, 2017
View attachment 74398
Overview:
Game Legends is a project bringing untold stories in kinetic novel format of familiar characters parodying popular games. You may recognize that we've stared with one of the more popular titles, but as time goes on and we begin to take suggestions the characters and stories you'll see will also grow to include other fan favorites.

Updated: 27/04/2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: N/A
Version: 2018.04b
Language: English
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
1- Extract to desired location.
2- Click on "Game.exe" to start playing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Downloads:
PC: - - -
Mac: - - -
LINUX: - - -

View attachment 73591 View attachment 73592 View attachment 73593 View attachment 73594
v 1.0?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Because of the unique, individual story method of our title, each version is just named with the date. Every release is a self contained story which you click through mostly. The last one is the only one with any choices. They're worth a read if you're interested at all, but it's not a game in the traditional sense, where you'd need that kind of version numbering.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes