lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
You know most of the models are freely available on 3D sites...right? Right?.....

You know code is code...Ren'py works one way....there's no signifcanct'y different language between VN's....right? Right?....
While the models are available, they have modifications that make each character unique. The similarities here are uncanny.

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
Not going to lie, this was a terrible update. No idea why everyone's gushing over it. Where to start..

1) First of all I wasn't feeling the whole Julia thing. The writing was bad with her constantly mentioning that he's staring or what not. The whole feeling just wasn't as organic as it was in the previous updates, it's almost as if a different person wrote it. It didn't have me even the least bit emotionally invested which is new for this game. Then how it switches straight to Ruby completely ripped even the last bit of feeling out of the scene. I regretted having chosen the "I love you" option because I had decided that she was going to be the main LI a while back. Now honestly, even Brie seems like a better option for me after playing this update.

2) The whole Ruby encounter was even worse. She starts out by making the MC choose between her and Maxime, not sure why. Later she asks him who he likes better, her or Julia, we literally just met Ruby and we are being asked to choose her? Apart from knowing she had a history with Nero, whom we know nothing about, there hasn't been any moments where you connect with her what so ever. Julia on the other hand, we've had loads of those moments. The Ruby thing is being rushed and I'm not feeling it. And what was the ending of that scene? Some flashback and then all of a sudden you're walking with Julia? There was no little stat menu during the sex scene with Ruby, would have been great so see the progression and what's going on. During this scene, there wasn't even music.

screenshot0028.png What even was this scene? A flashback? A dream? Was it real? I have no clue..

3) Then there's the whole Brie thing. Why did we go visit Brie again? Because I wasn't even aware of the fact that this was a plan or that the MC knew about it, I damn sure didn't. And since when was taking down his mom even a thing, I thought we were in some kind of demon war.

This update was just confusing all around and imo the worst part of the whole game. I do find Brie very interesting, probably my favorite character model so far in the game, but that was literally the only interesting part for me, her introduction. The rest of the update was bad. There wasn't even one scene with the signature music in it, you all know the track I'm talking about.

Terrible update overall and just as a reference, this is one of my top games and I've done nothing but praise it so far. I'm kinda worried now though because it seems the game is going downhill fast if this update is anything to go by.

Edit: Also, when do we get to finally update our skills? Haven't been there in like 2 updates. By the time we get back there we'll have like 5000 points and will just be able to upgrade everything. Is that even still a thing? Because none of it seemed to matter during the Ruby scene as that little point gathering system wasn't even there, and Brie had a completely different thing that just showed her face with a number under it. Really disappointed with this update.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

siath70

Apr 5, 2019
Interesting insights.

Is it even possible to have 4+ levels in both Corruption and Affection without cheating? I've never come close, but I've also never dug too deeply into just how to optimize my points. The fact that a bunch of scenes seem to play out the same way regardless of our levels with Meredith makes me worry that the game isn't properly tracking its loose ends and most of the choices we're making won't have much payoff down the line - which would be a real shame.

I don't like the though of breaking Meredith's will, so I've been trying to avoid that. From was Astofiel said that should be tantamount to suicide for the MC, but since the game makes it an option (and spends so much time ruminating on the morality of our actions), I feel like I need to try it and see where it leads before trying something less pleasant to me.

But as I said, I'm having a very hard time telling where it leads. Is this a broken path the dev never actually expected anyone to take? A very slow path to an early game over? A long and complicated path that could potentially lead to a secret, non-thrall ending for Meredith? The same path as all the other choices, just wearing a funny hat in some scenes? I really have no idea.
No, I do not think it's possible. I cheated to test things out.
The differences I talked about it the spoiler was through testing. I'm currently 4 on the affection path with her.
There is probably more, I just wanted to show how it changes how she acts and how he treats her.
As far as breaking her will, you can't really avoid that. For instance, Aff route you're breaking her will to love you, she doesn't want to, she wants to do what she needs to and go back to Tommy. But you're breaking that down and making her love you and forget about Tommy. Then on the Corr route, well that's pretty self explanatory. Either way you're breaking some part of her will and making her focus on you and love/desire you.
As far as what dear old dad said, he's a demon, he'll encourage Red to corrupt instead of love. Corruption is probably stronger while love (lust) might be easier to undo or something.
I like to play Red as someone who does care, he might not like it 100% but he does care about those around him. He doesn't do thing like a normal demon does, Julia keep mentioning this and how it's refreshing and unique.
At the end of the day, I do not see much difference between him using Affection or Corruption on Meredith. He still treats her as someone he loves and cares about as he does with Maxime, well pretty much everyone around him that is female.

Again just my opinions.

siath70

Apr 5, 2019
Not going to lie, this was a terrible update. No idea why everyone's gushing over it. Where to start..

1) First of all I wasn't feeling the whole Julia thing. The writing was bad with her constantly mentioning that he's staring or what not. The whole feeling just wasn't as organic as it was in the previous updates, it's almost as if a different person wrote it. It didn't have me even the least bit emotionally invested which is new for this game. Then how it switches straight to Ruby completely ripped even the last bit of feeling out of the scene. I regretted having chosen the "I love you" option because I had decided that she was going to be the main LI a while back. Now honestly, even Brie seems like a better option for me after playing this update.

2) The whole Ruby encounter was even worse. She starts out by making the MC choose between her and Maxime, not sure why. Later she asks him who he likes better, her or Julia, we literally just met Ruby and we are being asked to choose her? Apart from knowing she had a history with Nero, whom we know nothing about, there hasn't been any moments where you connect with her what so ever. Julia on the other hand, we've had loads of those moments. The Ruby thing is being rushed and I'm not feeling it. And what was the ending of that scene? Some flashback and then all of a sudden you're walking with Julia? There was no little stat menu during the sex scene with Ruby, would have been great so see the progression and what's going on. During this scene, there wasn't even music.
View attachment 3986659
3) Then there's the whole Brie thing. Why did we go visit Brie again? Because I wasn't even aware of the fact that this was a plan or that the MC knew about it, I damn sure didn't. And since when was taking down his mom even a thing, I thought we were in some kind of demon war.

This update was just confusing all around and imo the worst part of the whole game. I do find Brie very interesting, probably my favorite character model so far in the game, but that was literally the only interesting part for me, her introduction. The rest of the update was bad. There wasn't even one scene with the signature music in it, you all know the track I'm talking about.

Terrible update overall and just as a reference, this is one of my top games and I've done nothing but praise it so far. I'm kinda worried now though because it seems the game is going downhill fast if this update is anything to go by.

Edit: Also, when do we get to finally update our skills? Haven't been there in like 2 updates. By the time we get back there we'll have like 5000 points and will just be able to upgrade everything.
I think you're being overly harsh, it was a great update. Everything between Julia and Ruby was explained. Ruby thinks (or maybe she does) she has a history with Red and she loves him. She asks questions to find out more about who he is and how he acts, how he treats the people around him. I think she is under the impression he is Neo (he might be, we're not sure at this point), I mean for someone not so important he sure is getting a lot of attention...
This was the first he visited Brie, and it was talked about several times. Julia kept telling he'll be meeting someone special soon and to get ready.

His mother has been talked about several times, everyone is afraid of her. That's about all we know to be honest, she's super powerful. However, Red is her son, does that make him just as powerful or maybe more? I think he's being used in some way, not 100% sure, but the thought is in the back of my mind.

It really sounds to me like you need to go back through the story and really read things. There is so much you're asking here to talking about here that is explained in the story. It feel like you are missing chunks of the story, which is coloring how you see this update.

Like Julia and Ruby swapping off, Julia tells him she can no longer handle him as he's gotten to powerful. So she hands him off to Ruby and Julia tells Red she's much more powerful than she is. Ruby and tells Red the Julia made her promise not to kill him and to be careful. Julia handed him off in a weakened state on purpose, to help him grow and push his limits.
Ruby has a thing for him, I think she loves him, so she asks questions. Is it really that unusual for her to do so to see how you act or react to something, to get a feel for who you are and where she stands?

Btw, Red may not be connect to her, but she is connected to Red; at least in her mind she is. I think you read too much into her questions, don't look at it from Red's point of view, step out and think about Ruby's side of things. She is in love with Red, I think she thinks he's Neo and he might be, we don't know enough yet.
Ruby is connect so much to Red, she went out of her way to smooth thing over with Julia, just to be close to him.

So as a suggestion, go back and read it again, I mean really read it. In my opinion everything make sense as it's all explained.

siath70

Apr 5, 2019
I thought the whole AOA dev was bullshit. But in this update, i looked closely at Ruby, who is 100% Ashley, and then Brie came, who is also 100% Jenny or also ashley, i don't know. I'm not paranoid, right?
Uh, really, do you know how many times the same model ends up in different VNs?
It's not like this Dev snuck over to the AOA Dev's (dunno what AOA is) house and downloaded their custom models that no one else has. If the AOA Dev was so worried about that, they should have gotten custom models or did something to set them a part in their VN.
You can't complain that someone is using a model that is freely available to everyone.
To point this out is petty on the AOA Dev's part...

sac812

Mar 9, 2024

View attachment 3986659
I haven't been able to wrap my head around a coherent theory yet, but there is clearly a significant connection/backstory around Red/Neo/Julia/Hell Julia/Ruby ... and whatever the terms of Julia's "contract" are with Astofiel, I'm pretty sure it exists as a result of some sort of previous event/fallout they were all involved with.

The flashbacks and subtle inferences to these "previous" relationships are there to tease us, but I'd bet the obfuscation is very much deliberate. Recall that we (Red) know very little about our childhood/origins -- I presume we were subjected to one of dad's memory wipes at some point -- so the process of piecing together our true identity is a primary subplot, but it's naturally going to lead to a lot of confusion around all the players involved. I like that aspect personally, but I can definitely see it how it would be frustrating for you (and likely others). Either way, I imagine it will all trickle out eventually.

Julia told us a while back that we were to go and meet someone "angelic" who she and Astofiel thought might be of help. Was first brought up back at the house with Meredith (Ch 3?), but Julia mentioned it in one of her earlier conversations with Ruby as well. It didn't come out of nowhere.

Edit: Also, when do we get to finally update our skills? Haven't been there in like 2 updates. By the time we get back there we'll have like 5000 points and will just be able to upgrade everything. Is that even still a thing? Because none of it seemed to matter during the Ruby scene as that little point gathering system wasn't even there, and Brie had a completely different thing that just showed her face with a number under it. Really disappointed with this update.
I mentioned this some posts back, but the skills/power only really matter when it comes to acquiring our followers. They're an indication of the strength of our demonic powers. Since there were no shoots with Meredith in this update, there was no need to upgrade. Julia/Ruby are not affected by our skills since they're already demons. Julia has a "scoreboard" during her scenes, but the mechanics -- and the ultimate goal of our relationship with her -- are different.

Brie's counter was for "Trust" points accumulated during your conversation (similar to the Jealousy point system in the hotel with Max/Meredith). I think somebody mentioned earlier that you needed to secure 5 (of a possible 6) Trust points in order to get her on "your side".

Reactions: slick97

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Uh, really, do you know how many times the same model ends up in different VNs?
It's not like this Dev snuck over to the AOA Dev's (dunno what AOA is) house and downloaded their custom models that no one else has. If the AOA Dev was so worried about that, they should have gotten custom models or did something to set them a part in their VN.
You can't complain that someone is using a model that is freely available to everyone.
To point this out is petty on the AOA Dev's part...
Read between the lines.
It is not primarily about the models. AOA Acadamy's Developer TLG Games abandoned his game and then out of nowhere a few months later comes SparkHG with his VN Game of Hearts who "re-uses?" similar models.
Same guy?! :illuminati:

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Screenshot 2024-08-31 14-05-50 [OBS].png

Screenshot 2024-08-31 14-06-01 [OBS].png

First of all, if you're going to put a line like this in there, give her pubes a more contrasting color.

Screenshot 2024-08-31 14-06-28 [OBS].png

Screenshot 2024-08-31 14-06-49 [OBS].png

Second of all, these choices and his response are lame. A 'little bit' of hair is hardly nice, it's more like the bare minimum we ought to expect on a woman. A bush is what you'd call nice. There should be a 'It's better that way" option where he says it's sexier. Fucking plebs and their need for bald little girl cunts to get it up.

sac812

Mar 9, 2024
Is it even possible to have 4+ levels in both Corruption and Affection without cheating? I've never come close, but I've also never dug too deeply into just how to optimize my points. The fact that a bunch of scenes seem to play out the same way regardless of our levels with Meredith makes me worry that the game isn't properly tracking its loose ends and most of the choices we're making won't have much payoff down the line - which would be a real shame.

I don't like the though of breaking Meredith's will, so I've been trying to avoid that. From was Astofiel said that should be tantamount to suicide for the MC, but since the game makes it an option (and spends so much time ruminating on the morality of our actions), I feel like I need to try it and see where it leads before trying something less pleasant to me.

But as I said, I'm having a very hard time telling where it leads. Is this a broken path the dev never actually expected anyone to take? A very slow path to an early game over? A long and complicated path that could potentially lead to a secret, non-thrall ending for Meredith? The same path as all the other choices, just wearing a funny hat in some scenes? I really have no idea.
For what it's worth, I did stumble into a issue while pursuing a max-attraction path with Meredith. In short, I found it nearly impossible to get to Level 3 *before* the hotel scenes, and as a result, she always went back to Tommy instead of giving in to the kiss.

This led me to dig into the script and the various conditions/counters and I found out where the issue was in my particular case. I'm not sure how widespread it would be based on how others play the game, but from the sounds of things, you may have ended up in the same situation.

I've had some back and forth with the dev about this on Patreon and they've said it will be fixed, but aside from sharing all I could from my end, I don't know exactly what that "fix" will look like. But yes, there is a bit of an issue currently, although it shouldn't be gamebreaking.

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
I think you're being overly harsh, it was a great update.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Everything between Julia and Ruby was explained. Ruby thinks (or maybe she does) she has a history with Red and she loves him. She asks questions to find out more about who he is and how he acts, how he treats the people around him.
Yeah that much is clear but why should the MC care about her at this point? Better yet, why should the player care for her at this point? Because up until now we had a scene at her place in the last update where all this was explained and that was it. That is supposed to justify picking her over Julia who we've been building a relationship with this whole time? The same Julia that has all this mystery surrounding her and their past?

This was the first he visited Brie, and it was talked about several times. Julia kept telling he'll be meeting someone special soon and to get ready.
Yeah but Julia didn't tell him who they were visiting, yet when talking to Ruby he somehow already knew.

His mother has been talked about several times, everyone is afraid of her. That's about all we know to be honest, she's super powerful.
Doesn't address what I said, since when was taking her down the plan? Why did Julia ask Ruby to transport them around and why is this a big secret?

I think you read too much into her questions, don't look at it from Red's point of view, step out and think about Ruby's side of things. She is in love with Red, I think she thinks he's Neo and he might be, we don't know enough yet. Ruby is connect so much to Red, she went out of her way to smooth thing over with Julia, just to be close to him.
I understand Ruby's point of view but it's not about her point of view, it's about the players point of view and I see no reason why the player should care about a character that was just introduced, as much as he cares about a character that he's been invested in since the beginning of the game. To start presenting the player with choices between the two at this stage is just bad writing. Ruby doesn't stand a chance in my book, at this point. She looks good but that's not enough, not for me anyways.

And you didn't address all the rest of my complaints.

1) When do we get to update our skills? It's been like 2 updates now where we haven't been able to do it.

2) Why wasn't there a stat thing in the Ruby scene where you can see corruption, love, etc etc etc. What was the point in "pushing the MC to his limits" if none of the upgrades we've been purchasing mattered?

3) What was that at the end of Ruby's scene when she gets on top of the MC, with no music, flashback? Reality? Dream? You don't think that whole transition was terrible? And after that you're just walking with Julia to meet Brie. MC doesn't mention the whole Ruby thing that left him so shocked?

4) A whole update without playing that signature track at least once, doesn't feel like Game of Hearts. Are we certain the same dev made this?

Worst update so far since I've been playing. And while I'm sure I forgot a lot from the early game, I'm not at all motivated to play it again after playing this update.

Last edited:

TankH04

Mar 15, 2021
Is this the guy that made that game "chains of corruption" or "chains of pleasure"? I can't remember which one it's called. The whole middle plot is just like that game.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
View attachment 3986831

View attachment 3986830

First of all, if you're going to put a line like this in there, give her pubes a more contrasting color.

View attachment 3986829

View attachment 3986828

Second of all, these choices and his response are lame. A 'little bit' of hair is hardly nice, it's more like the bare minimum we ought to expect on a woman. A bush is what you'd call nice. There should be a 'It's better that way" option where he says it's sexier. Fucking plebs and their need for bald little girl cunts to get it up.
check-list-bj-novak.gif

dixoncider88

Sep 1, 2017
Is there somewhere else we should be bringing up the issues with the JokerMod? It tags the jealousy options but doesn't define them so the code breaks down.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Reactions: BoomDaBoom

Handsy

Aug 16, 2024
Julia has a "scoreboard" during her scenes, but the mechanics -- and the ultimate goal of our relationship with her -- are different.
And why doesn't Ruby? Just seems really inconsistent if you ask me, not a fan. Edit: That whole little minigame, managing that "scoreboard" was a big part of the fun for me when it came to the sex scenes with the girls. What's the point in choosing when or when not to use your influence when you can't see that scoreboard?

Last edited:

sac812

Mar 9, 2024
And why doesn't Ruby? Just seems really inconsistent if you ask me, not a fan.
*shrug*

So far as we know, sex scenes with Ruby don't serve a mechanical purpose. Meredith's are for acquisition, Julia's are for love/attraction + influence training. Ruby just wants to reconnect with her old boyfriend lol.

I do agree with what you said about some of the transitions during her scene being odd/jarring, but I don't (and didn't) see the need to have a counter of any sort. They're fucking just to fuck.

4.70 star(s) 150 Votes