joel69

Mar 30, 2018
It would be easier to make this game 70 years ago, when people didn't know that you can shave your body for some weird FUCKING reason.
@joel69 Thank you. Will keep it in mind. But I'm already losing it.
I'm not sure if you are still keeping this in mind/bookmarked but, in the meantime, I experimented a bit with layered images - it is not as difficult as I expected. Mind you, I'm not familiar with ren'py and certainly not a developer but I converted two of your scenes and they seem to work well. Here is what I did:
  1. In CG.rpy, comment out the lines declaring image intro120, image intro120a, image intro122, and image intro122a and instead
  2. define layered images for those scenes in the same file as follows:
    Python:
    layeredimage intro120:
        always "120a"
        if hairy:
            "120_hairs"
    layeredimage intro122:
        always "122a"
        if hairy:
            "122_hairs"
    NB: 120 _hairs and 122_hairs are actually 120_hairs.png and 122_hairs.png (file extensions detected automatically by ren'py), respectively, which are imagines (attached to this post) containing solely the hairy part that will be layered upon their base image (120a.jpg and 122a.jpg)
    NB2: the indentation may be off in the above example but it should be readable regardless​
  3. In patch/patch.rpy, replace the if hairy ... else block for intro120/intro120a with the line
    Python:
        show intro120 with pushright
  4. and the same for intro122/122a, i.e.
    Python:
        show intro122 with dissolve
  5. To be sure the variable is initialized when needed, I defined hairy outside any init, i.e. at the beginning of patch/patch.rpy:
    Python:
    define hairy = True
That is all it takes to achieve more flexibility as well as more convenience. There are a few things that you would need to pay attention to, though, one of them is to determine a labelling schema for your image and sprite files. I merely followed yours so it would be easier for you to relate to the suggested conversion; nothing should keep you from coming up with a more suitable schema for the long run. Other things aren't relevant at this point but may become so later on (e.g. the order of groups which weren't necessary for the presented example but are useful for more complex cases).

My hope is that this helps you gauge the potential of the layered image approach to shorten your rendering cycle and eliminate some of the headache that multiple options can cause. Maybe it is for you, maybe it isn't.

For your convenience, I have uploaded the files I modified (CG.rpy and patch/patch.rpy) and the images needed to make this work (120_hairs.png and 122_hairs.png). Feel free to reproduce the above results. Note that I implemented a shortcut in patch.rpy, i.e. if you skip the intro you will be propelled right into the hairy selection and then scene intro120.

A final comment: should you decide to switch to layered images you could do that any time you want and, as far as I can tell, without the need to re-do already implemented scenes.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
I'm not sure if you are still keeping this in mind/bookmarked but, in the meantime, I experimented a bit with layered images - it is not as difficult as I expected. Mind you, I'm not familiar with ren'py and certainly not a developer but I converted two of your scenes and they seem to work well. Here is what I did:
  1. In CG.rpy, comment out the lines declaring image intro120, image intro120a, image intro122, and image intro122a and instead
  2. define layered images for those scenes in the same file as follows:
    Python:
    layeredimage intro120:
    always "120a"
    if hairy:
    "120_hairs"
    layeredimage intro122:
    always "122a"
    if hairy:
    "122_hairs"
    NB: 120 _hairs and 122_hairs are actually 120_hairs.png and 122_hairs.png (file extensions detected automatically by ren'py), respectively, which are imagines (attached to this post) containing solely the hairy part that will be layered upon their base image (120a.jpg and 122a.jpg)
    NB2: the indentation may be off in the above example but it should be readable regardless​
  3. In patch/patch.rpy, replace the if hairy ... else block for intro120/intro120a with the line
    Python:
    show intro120 with pushright
  4. and the same for intro122/122a, i.e.
    Python:
    show intro122 with dissolve
  5. To be sure the variable is initialized when needed, I defined hairy outside any init, i.e. at the beginning of patch/patch.rpy:
    Python:
    define hairy = True
That is all it takes to achieve more flexibility as well as more convenience. There are a few things that you would need to pay attention to, though, one of them is to determine a labelling schema for your image and sprite files. I merely followed yours so it would be easier for you to relate to the suggested conversion; nothing should keep you from coming up with a more suitable schema for the long run. Other things aren't relevant at this point but may become so later on (e.g. the order of groups which weren't necessary for the presented example but are useful for more complex cases).

My hope is that this helps you gauge the potential of the layered image approach to shorten your rendering cycle and eliminate some of the headache that multiple options can cause. Maybe it is for you, maybe it isn't.

For your convenience, I have uploaded the files I modified (CG.rpy and patch/patch.rpy) and the images needed to make this work (120_hairs.png and 122_hairs.png). Feel free to reproduce the above results. Note that I implemented a shortcut in patch.rpy, i.e. if you skip the intro you will be propelled right into the hairy selection and then scene intro120.

A final comment: should you decide to switch to layered images you could do that any time you want and, as far as I can tell, without the need to re-do already implemented scenes.
Thank you very much for taking time for this. Recently I realized how to implement three options:
all hairy / hairy pussy only / all shaved
I keep my images and naming as follows:
image.jpg - shaved
imagea.png - hairy pussy
imageb.png - all hairy

I define variable for character, lets say
define normahairy = 0
0-shaved, 1-hairy pussy, 2-all hairy

in dialogue I put like this for scene with hair involved:

scene image
if normahairy ==1:
show imagea
elif normahairy ==2:
show imageb

Something like this
At least it's understandable for me. Is it easier? I think in your example I need to rename all images into layeredimage?

Last edited:
Reactions: torkenstiem

joel69

Mar 30, 2018
Thank you very much for taking time for this. Recently I realized how to implement three options:
image.jpg - shaved
imagea.png - hairy pussy
imageb.png - all hairy

define normahairy = 0
Just to be sure, do you intend for players to choose the hairness of each character individually rather than globally for all characters?

joel69

Mar 30, 2018
image.jpg - shaved
imagea.png - hairy pussy
imageb.png - all hairy

define normahairy = 0

in dialogue I put like this for scene with hair involved:

scene image
if normahairy ==1:
show imagea
elif normahairy ==2:
show imageb

Something like this
At least it's understandable for me. Is it easier? I think in your example I need to rename all images into layeredimage?
Indeed, your example is already very close to the layered image syntax which would look like this:
Python:
layeredimage normaimage:
    always "image"
    if normahairy==1:
        "imagea"
    if normahairy==2:
        "imageb"

# the story script would then contain something like the following line (and automatically compose the desired image)
    show normaimage with pushright
The main advantage I see is that via layered image you would offload the logic to your CG.rpy, i.e. keep your story script cleaner, and also make it possible to at least semi-automate the generation of the above definition for the images you want/need layered.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Indeed, your example is already very close to the layered image syntax which would look like this:
Python:
layeredimage normaimage:
    always "image"
    if normahairy==1:
        "imagea"
    if normahairy==2:
        "imageb"

# the story script would then contain something like the following line (and automatically compose the desired image)
The main advantage I see is that via layered image you would offload the logic to your CG.rpy, i.e. keep your story script cleaner, and also make it possible to at least semi-automate the generation of the above definition for the images you want/need layered.
You're right. Thanks. I'll think about that.

Reactions: Tezon

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Python:
layeredimage normaimage:
    always "image"
    if normahairy==1:
        "imagea"
    if normahairy==2:
        "imageb"

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot.
But I had to determine the file extension for some reason. Otherwise transparent background and "Can't find image"
Code:
layeredimage nd2:
    always "Normadream/2.jpg"
    if nh == 2:
        "Normadream/2a.png"
2.jpg - shaved version and background at the same time
2a.png - hairy pits tiny png file
Maybe because I had to separate them to another folder... hmmmm

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
does that mean, there will be more options other than completely hairy/completely shaved ?

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Any teasing :sneaky: .......................................i hope the next update we will get some new signatures.

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017
Very soon
Man!!! You're Killing Us with the smelly anticipation of the sounds of the Drip by Drip, OOze by Ooze trickle of the musky scent of the glorious Mother's and Princess's Hairy Twat, Pits, Hooters and Not keeping aside the Major Hardon and naked tits of his 'Sister/Brother' jacking him off while he swipes away the Oh so Loose and Hot Stained Panties of his Sisters to scratch their menstrual Pussies while princess and mother work on each other in a 69 in anticipation of a major squirty, Gushy & Frothy Orgasm to Quench their thirst!!!! ;)

Heh Heh Heh.

Give us another peek into the world if you've got any spare renders dude. I can say I'm one of your biggest fans in game development.

4.40 star(s) 92 Votes