Aquilas

Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys! Not sure how to progress with Ruby (Aubree). I got her taboo path, but can't trigger spa and the next scene. Any advice?

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
V0.2.5 should be out in 1-3hours which will address many of bugs and feedback posted. Thanks for that.

At at least 2 points while Zoe is undercover as Sharon, people refer to her as Zoe. Since Feebs seems to read the thread often, figured I'd post it here in case no one else has.

If you see this Feebs, want me to point out other writing mistakes and/or spelling errors if/when I find them?
Yes, please. Though ideally not spamming this thread. There's a channel on Discord for it, or maybe send via a notepad/DM if you'd prefer to avoid Discord. Druid64 has found a lot for us recently, and those'll be included in 0.2.5.

Is there a sense of when you'll be able to revisit the New Eden mission to get all the scenes you missed? I'm hesitant to keep playing the new content if it turns out that I missed some important characters there. Also, is there any sort of guide for that whole quest? I fell like I missed a ton of stuff. (I know it's not all available in one play through)
This will be part of the 0.3.X dev cycle and probably a few months away.

Hey guys! Not sure how to progress with Ruby (Aubree). I got her taboo path, but can't trigger spa and the next scene. Any advice?
Once the spa is built, you should be able to go inside it and click her portrait when she's not otherwise engaged.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
v0.2.5 now live. Changelog in the OP.
It's mostly bugfixes, but does move Megan forward a little.

Outside of any critical bugfixes, this will be the last update in this substory cycle, and I'll now be focusing on main story content for 0.3.0. The next release is therefore likely to be a couple of months away.

0.3.0 will focus on the council and reveal more of the ongoing world story and hint further towards how you came to be embroiled in it. Though I'm sure many have worked that out for themselves already!

Aquilas

Jan 16, 2019
Once the spa is built, you should be able to go inside it and click her portrait when she's not otherwise engaged.
Yup, built the spa. Got a scene with Vanna, but when clicking on Aubree she just restores fatigue.

Btw, also got a bug with Nicolette. When she's in the office I click on the line that triggers the scene, but an error message pops up

UPD: just noticed a bugfix release. Will replay the game and see if it resolves the above.

P.S. Actually enjoying the game so far. Good job Feebs! Would love if you could add more sandbox interactions with girls:)

Reactions: Feebs

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
v0.2.5 now live. Changelog in the OP.
It's mostly bugfixes, but does move Megan forward a little.

Outside of any critical bugfixes, this will be the last update in this substory cycle, and I'll now be focusing on main story content for 0.3.0. The next release is therefore likely to be a couple of months away.

0.3.0 will focus on the council and reveal more of the ongoing world story and hint further towards how you came to be embroiled in it. Though I'm sure many have worked that out for themselves already!
1710370701115.png

Huzzah!

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Gateway-0.2.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

tepkom

Nov 21, 2016
<<script>> setup.scriptpromise.then(function () { getTooltips(); if (settings.volume != undefined) $("video").prop("volume", settings.volume); if (settings. NumberedOptions == true) { $('#passages .choices').ready(function() { let i = 1; $('#passages .choices .link-internal:visible').each(function() { let txt = $(this).html(); if (i == 10) i = 0; $(this).html(txt + " <span class='i'>"+i+"</span>") ; if (i == 0) вернуть false; i++; }) }) } }) <</script>>

1710424850195.png

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
<<script>> setup.scriptpromise.then(function () { getTooltips(); if (settings.volume != undefined) $("video").prop("volume", settings.volume); if (settings. NumberedOptions == true) { $('#passages .choices').ready(function() { let i = 1; $('#passages .choices .link-internal:visible').each(function() { let txt = $(this).html(); if (i == 10) i = 0; $(this).html(txt + " <span class='i'>"+i+"</span>") ; if (i == 0) вернуть false; i++; }) }) } }) <</script>>

View attachment 3442290
The error doesn't appear to reoccur on loading the save.
But, I note the script you've quoted has some Cyrillic script in it... but my code has none natively.

Jan 18, 2021
The error doesn't appear to reoccur on loading the save.
But, I note the script you've quoted has some Cyrillic script in it... but my code has none natively.
That's funny. The code copied by tepkom seems to come from the passage "PassageFooter", which contains:
if (i == 0) return false;
But in the copied message, this has been partially translated from English to Russian:
if (i == 0) вернуть false;

This explains the error appearing in red in the screenshot: "Unexpected token: 'false'" because the parser sees 'вернуть' and interprets it as an identifier instead of a reserved word like 'return'. In that position, an identifier can be followed by some parenthesis if it is a function call, or by an assignment operator if it is a variable assignment, or by an array index or other types of symbols, but not by another identifier such as 'false'. Hence the "Bad evaluation" error.

Of course the root cause of the problem is this strange partial translation to Russian...

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
That's funny. The code copied by tepkom seems to come from the passage "PassageFooter", which contains:
But in the copied message, this has been partially translated from English to Russian:

This explains the error appearing in red in the screenshot: "Unexpected token: 'false'" because the parser sees 'вернуть' and interprets it as an identifier instead of a reserved word like 'return'. In that position, an identifier can be followed by some parenthesis if it is a function call, or by an assignment operator if it is a variable assignment, or by an array index or other types of symbols, but not by another identifier such as 'false'. Hence the "Bad evaluation" error.

Of course the root cause of the problem is this strange partial translation to Russian...
Everything about the code and other elements of the engine should not have Russian, he stupidly does not see it. I myself faced such a problem when I was making a game in Russian.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023

Aye, it's certainly not something added at my end.
At first I wondered if maybe they had run something through machine translation, but then there's no other signs of any translation in the screenshot or the snippet so it's unlikely.
It may also have been only the paste has been altered, and maybe their game is unmodified, which is why I still tried to debug it, but like you, found nothing awry.

RadtheMan

Aug 5, 2019
If I try to download the 0.2.5 update, Windows Defender flags it before it can even go in my downloads folder. I've tried from multiple sites and in different browsers.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
If I try to download the 0.2.5 update, Windows Defender flags it before it can even go in my downloads folder. I've tried from multiple sites and in different browsers.
That's a concern, it'll be false positive. I had a similar issue with 0.1.0 but once Defender had 'seen' it enough it seemed to be okay with it. I'm not really sure what's caused it tbh. Right at the start I was quite frantic looking for it, but then it suddenly seemed okay, so I thought it had sorted itself out.
VirusTotal lists it all okay too: so I think it really is just Defender being wrong, but your call whether you want to take that risk, of course.

tepkom

Nov 21, 2016

It's actually very simple, I use chrome's built-in rus-eng translator. There was no such error in the previous version. That's why I wrote.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
It's actually very simple, I use chrome's built-in rus-eng translator. There was no such error in the previous version. That's why I wrote.
The translator itself does not break the code in the engine. You probably sent an error which translator translated when the error window appeared. It is better to restart the page and send the original error text without a text translator.

tepkom

Nov 21, 2016
The translator itself does not break the code in the engine. You probably sent an error which translator translated when the error window appeared. It is better to restart the page and send the original error text without a text translator.
I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. This error is not present in version 2.4. Now I compared the code between the versions. Everything seems to be similar, but the error is present only in version 2.5. Without translation the error disappears.
1710480414594.png

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes