3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I played with my save and get this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Crabsyy

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I played with my save and get this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/main.rpy", line 1311, in script call
call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
File "game/main.rpy", line 1333, in script call
call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_1
File "game/main.rpy", line 1347, in script call
call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_2
File "game/main.rpy", line 1201, in script call
call calendar(1) from _call_calendar
File "game/calendar.rpy", line 148, in script
if displayYear:
File "game/calendar.rpy", line 148, in <module>
if displayYear:
NameError: name 'displayYear' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/main.rpy", line 1347, in script call
call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_2
File "game/main.rpy", line 1201, in script call
call calendar(1) from _call_calendar
File "game/calendar.rpy", line 148, in script
if displayYear:
File "D:\Downloads\General_Practitioner-0.0.5b-pc buggy\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Downloads\General_Practitioner-0.0.5b-pc buggy\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Downloads\General_Practitioner-0.0.5b-pc buggy\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/calendar.rpy", line 148, in <module>
if displayYear:
NameError: name 'displayYear' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
General Practitioner 0.0.5
Can u post a save right before this happens?

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Sounds promising. I hope I enjoy it too. Otherwise its being wiped.

No problem. You are welcome.

P.S: Make sure to thank everybody else as well. I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :)

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
@Eoin you are welcome though I should warn you and any others that care my tastes in games are a bit odd and varied. There is a lot of thought and time put in this game and I really did enjoy it for what it is at the time just that a scene that reminded me to much of what I had to contend with way to much in my work before i became disabled

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Sounds promising. I hope I enjoy it too. Otherwise its being wiped.

No problem. You are welcome.

P.S: Make sure to thank everybody else as well. I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :)
Always do in the mod thread Eion

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Q: What is the difference between an oral thermometer, and a rectal thermometer?
522.jpg image-of-thermometer-520.jpg
A: The taste.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
@Dole I don't think you're supposed to load an old save file. I haven't played the new version, but there should be an option to skip the old content (and making the most important decisions) when starting a new game. Or you can always start a new game. Here is the patreon post.
@Deathdawg there already was a sex scene in 0.0.4. With your old friend during the trip. You had to choose between her and your sister/cousin (with whom you couldn't have sex so far) though.

Last edited:

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
@berny yea i know but I spent time with sis :heartcoveredeyes: exploring the game...sorry should have been a bit more explanatory on the reason there was no sex scenes in my run through as I do tend to try the different paths if I can get into a game and will do my best to keep up with it. Just wanted to be upfront and say there was a chance to no sex if not careful and re-reading what I post I sort of failed on that and made it seem there was not any...thank you for catching me on that

I keep a notepad of notes at my desk of what games I like and check regularly either here or on their patreon sites. I have followed a few so I can at least know if they added a new version or what not.

Edit: odd that using ; p is a heartfilled eyes

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
Its the old version, always handy to have another I suppose, but yes saying what version it was does help.
Fair enough, more links are always appreciated. It might be helpful to add the version number though. People could get their hopes up and then be disappointed that it's the old version. Or it's the new version and you're my hero. ;)
My Download site is well-known by the mods and most people here. Normally if i mirror a file it gets added by a mod

Reactions: Burt
U

User_10739

Obviously you need to start again as I loaded a save and was no longer working at the hospital. Kiko exam, just plain weird... You get penalized for not following the School's instructions and bonuses for being an unprofessional dick...
I got lots of bugs & errors so I will start again and see if that clears it up.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
My Download site is well-known by the mods and most people here. Normally if i mirror a file it gets added by a mod
I don't doubt that. I merely asked you to add a version number, so people know what they are downloading.

@Bruni Multimedia
So played 0.0.5b for a while and found the following bugs. I started a new game.

I could only access the shop once. You can choose it at the beginning of the day, but nothing happens.
The Karen exam (the girl the the accident) is kinda bugged. I got a lot of grey pictures that were labeled as monique exam.
The Kiko part at her mansion is a total mess. There are some serious issues with the different variables. The game thinks you had sex with her although you didn't etc. You should check them again.

That's what I found so far. I will update this post after I played a bit more, I haven't been on the trip yet.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Obviously you need to start again as I loaded a save and was no longer working at the hospital. Kiko exam, just plain weird... You get penalized for not following the School's instructions and bonuses for being an unprofessional dick...
I got lots of bugs & errors so I will start again and see if that clears it up.
You can't load a previous save game, they are almost always not compatible with each release. I added the "skip" function to not having you to re-do old content (even though I added some dialogue in older exams with this release), but an old savegame is usually no-go.
You're not "penalized" for following school's instructions. At least not for the "medical part". You are "penalized" with Kiko's mood towards you, but that's another thing. I'm trying to develop some patients that will react bad if you follow procedure, because they went to the clinic expecting something else, just like someone does in real life.

I don't doubt that. I merely asked you to add a version number, so people know what they are downloading.

@Bruni Multimedia
So played 0.0.5b for a while and found the following bugs. I started a new game.

I could only access the shop once. You can choose it at the beginning of the day, but nothing happens.
The Karen exam (the girl the the accident) is kinda bugged. I got a lot of grey pictures that were labeled as monique exam.
The Kiko part at her mansion is a total mess. There are some serious issues with the different variables. The game thinks you had sex with her although you didn't etc. You should check them again.

That's what I found so far. I will update this post after I played a bit more, I haven't been on the trip yet.
- Karen's exam has no mention of monique in its file. Can you attach a savegame so I can try this?
- I will soon post a fix with the shop bug, it's annoying I know, my mistake since I put it as a one-time event :(
- For Kiko's part... can you attach a savegame to it too? I got no reports of that until now...

berny

Jun 8, 2017
You can't load a previous save game, they are almost always not compatible with each release. I added the "skip" function to not having you to re-do old content (even though I added some dialogue in older exams with this release), but an old savegame is usually no-go.
You're not "penalized" for following school's instructions. At least not for the "medical part". You are "penalized" with Kiko's mood towards you, but that's another thing. I'm trying to develop some patients that will react bad if you follow procedure, because they went to the clinic expecting something else, just like someone does in real life.

- Karen's exam has no mention of monique in its file. Can you attach a savegame so I can try this?
- I will soon post a fix with the shop bug, it's annoying I know, my mistake since I put it as a one-time event :(
- For Kiko's part... can you attach a savegame to it too? I got no reports of that until now...
1.7. Just ask her how old she is. There were more errors later in the examination.
1.10 Choose turn off phone. They say goodbye and suddenly they are in her room kissing. There are more errors if you choose another route, too.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes