3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I do like this thing, eespite the poor quality of the renders. Good use for DSE...

However, the game keeps crashing when I start working at the hospital, exactly when I'm going to do the exams on the patient
Can you give me more details about the issue? I don't experience any crash there. Can you paste the error log?

About the renderings... I don't think they're so poor in quality, since I always complete them 100% (you won't see pixels in them) and usually have many elements in them...
I mean, they probably aren't the best in the world, but I compare them to other more important works out there with Ren'Py or RPG maker and they don't look that bad...

Sorry about the question, I'm not english and so i'm not used to acronyms... what's DSE? :D

D

dogk22

Can you give me more details about the issue? I don't experience any crash there. Can you paste the error log?

About the renderings... I don't think they're so poor in quality, since I always complete them 100% (you won't see pixels in them) and usually have many elements in them...
I mean, they probably aren't the best in the world, but I compare them to other more important works out there with Ren'Py or RPG maker and they don't look that bad...

Sorry about the question, I'm not english and so i'm not used to acronyms... what's DSE? :D
DSE:

Here

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 906, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 297, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/main.rpy", line 928, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_1
  File "game/main.rpy", line 942, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_2
  File "game/nolan_h1.rpy", line 313, in script
    $ visite_ospedale_completate +=1
  File "game/nolan_h1.rpy", line 313, in <module>
NameError: name 'visite_ospedale_completate' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/main.rpy", line 942, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period_2
  File "game/nolan_h1.rpy", line 313, in script
  File "D:\Chrome Downloads\General_Practitioner-0.0.4-pc\General_Practitioner-0.0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Chrome Downloads\General_Practitioner-0.0.4-pc\General_Practitioner-0.0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/nolan_h1.rpy", line 313, in <module>
NameError: name 'visite_ospedale_completate' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
General Practitioner 0.0.4

Reactions: Bruni Multimedia

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
DSE:

[/code]
Oh, all right, it's the name of the engine itself. Sorry for the dumb question.

As for the bug thanks for the feedback, I think it's already been solved in 0.0.5 if I recall correctly.

Reactions: dogk22

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I know what you're thinking: "Another big change in the examination's gameplay?". Yeah, and I'm sure this will be the final one.

I wasn't keen about the old method, the one based on "Trust level" because trust itself isn't the only thing that makes us go more or less willingly to see a doctor. Our "comfort level" is deeper than trust and I think many more factors need to be included.

So, starting with 005b you'll find a new game mechanic that you can read about here:

Every examination has been updated to include the "Comfort Level" (CL) of a patient.
The CL substitutes the "Trust level" of the patient.

The comfort level of a patient is calculated both by the patient's trust towards you and his/her mood, education and shyness.
Every patient will have a different CL, it's up to you to raise it to a level where you can treat him/her in the best of ways.

Every action will affect the CL, from asking questions to having the patient undress to examining him/her body parts.
Each patient has a different mood. While a patient can be looking for professional doctors, another one could look for a more strict one.

Some even prefer a playful medic, while some others are looking for more sexual stuff. It's up to you to determine your patient's character and behave accordingly.
You can now reply to a patient in seven different ways:
- Calm
- Professional
- Strict
- Sensitive
- Charming
- Flirty
- Playful

Each patient will see his/her CL raise/lower based on your behaviour and his/her character. Each patient is now based on one of six archetipes (some will be added in future updates):
- Normal
- Doubtful
- Agitated
- Sad
- Shy
- Sensual
- Tired

Each archetipe works with the MC's methods in a rock/paper/scissors kind of combination. A sad patient could be stimulated by a playful answer, or even a calm one, while shy patients could get mad if they receive a flirty answer from their caregiver.

The CL influences everything in the exam, from asking a patient to undress to examining him/her, up to giving a proper medical evaluation of the issue at hand.

This has been done to improve the realism of the simulation part of the game, what you think about it?

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I know what you're thinking: "Another big change in the examination's gameplay?". Yeah, and I'm sure this will be the final one.

I wasn't keen about the old method, the one based on "Trust level" because trust itself isn't the only thing that makes us go more or less willingly to see a doctor. Our "comfort level" is deeper than trust and I think many more factors need to be included.

So, starting with 005b you'll find a new game mechanic that you can read about here:

Every examination has been updated to include the "Comfort Level" (CL) of a patient.

The comfort level of a patient is calculated both by the patient's trust towards you and his/her mood, education and shyness.
Every patient will have a different CL, it's up to you to raise it to a level where you can treat him/her in the best of ways.

Every action will affect the CL, from asking questions to having the patient undress to examining him/her body parts.
Each patient has a different mood. While a patient can be looking for professional doctors, another one could look for a more strict one.

Some even prefer a playful medic, while some others are looking for more sexual stuff. It's up to you to determine your patient's character and behave accordingly.
- Calm
- Professional
- Strict
- Sensitive
- Charming
- Flirty
- Playful

Each patient will see his/her CL raise/lower based on your behaviour and his/her character. Each patient is now based on one of six archetipes (some will be added in future updates):
- Normal
- Doubtful
- Agitated
- Sad
- Shy
- Sensual
- Tired

Each archetipe works with the MC's methods in a rock/paper/scissors kind of combination. A sad patient could be stimulated by a playful answer, or even a calm one, while shy patients could get mad if they receive a flirty answer from their caregiver.

The CL influences everything in the exam, from asking a patient to undress to examining him/her, up to giving a proper medical evaluation of the issue at hand.

This has been done to improve the realism of the simulation part of the game, what you think about it?
Well, I'd have to play it to tell you what I think, wanna share it? :eek:penedeyewink: I'm only a 5$ patron.

@JustABox What's the link for?

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
You can play that in 10 days, be patient @berny, and thanks for your support.

This feature is still not available to anyone, since I'm developing it right now :D

Reactions: jason95821

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

- Calm
- Professional
- Strict
- Sensitive
- Charming
- Flirty
- Playful

- Normal
- Doubtful
- Agitated
- Sad
- Shy
- Sensual
- Tired

Now that, makes sense!

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Its a download link for this game. Its my own site and i like to mirror files. :test:
Fair enough, more links are always appreciated. It might be helpful to add the version number though. People could get their hopes up and then be disappointed that it's the old version. Or it's the new version and you're my hero. ;)

Last edited:

petedragon

May 4, 2017
Fair enough, more links are always appreciated. It might be helpful to add the version number though. People could get their hopes up and then be disappointed that it's the old version. Or it's the new version and you're my hero. ;)
Its the old version, always handy to have another I suppose, but yes saying what version it was does help.

Reactions: berny
May 9, 2017
v0.0.5b:
Clara Porter says goodbye asking me to visit her ice cream shop (I suppose a C&P mistake with Rita Maxwell)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes