3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Make more.
I'll definitely do that. As I posted in "When will the game be over?" you can expect up to 96 different scripted medical examinations in the game, not counting the random ones which will make the game different every time you play it.

Reactions: Andarilho

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
I'll definitely do that. As I posted in "When will the game be over?" you can expect up to 96 different scripted medical examinations in the game, not counting the random ones which will make the game different every time you play it.
Wow cool.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Why am I paying for something that's free?
Aug 5 at 10:01am

I wrote that a couple months ago and since someone is deleting his pledge asking the very same question I will try to explain once more.

I know that MANY developers are earning THOUSAND of dollars by releasing demos out there and milking their patrons for MONTHS before completing their games (if ever). That's not my way to do things.

This site exist to support developers if you like their work, not to buy something. There are plenty websites out there who offer my game for free even before the public release, it's easy to google for them, so why hide that?

As I stated many times this game will be completed nonetheless, your support is very appreciated but it's something that will help me develop this game (and hopefully many more in the future!), because I pay for graphics templates (yeah, there are free sites out there for that too, I know) and I spend lots of my free time doing that with passion.

So, don't pledge me and my work if you don't like it, you'll get it for free nonetheless. After all why pay for an ice-cream when you can take some milk, chocolate and ice and do it for yourself?

Forgive my outburst but I really don't understand how many people like to pay for cut content instead of supporting an honest dev (well, EA and their DLC policy should answer that as well I fear...)

Everybody, support him now, if anybody deserves it, it's this guy.
If you don't, shame on you. :p

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
I completely agree with previous poster. This is one of the patreons that really deserve it.
I know. Right? :D

Masterfull new twist on these sorts of games, and you even get to learn something from it.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

After more than an hour of debugging I finally found and eliminated the annoying "Calendar messed up" bug. It looks like the introduction of the new "Persona-like" calendar was messing up with the old system of day-checking for in-game events.

This bug involved many game files and its fixing required to rewrite some portions of the game, so I cannot release the fix with the current version, it will be available starting from 0.0.5's August release, that will require to start a new game.

This will be (hopefully) one of the last times I will ask the players to start from the beginning, since I'm developing a method to let them skip to new content starting from the next release.

0.0.4 players will still experience the bug that, annoying as it is, it's not game-breaking.
If you don't know what I'm talking about... you'll know soon enough once you finish "Family Time" story arc, which messes up things pretty good in the calendar's day count.

Thank you for your support and testing.

Be safe and healthy.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Tired of starting a new game every time I release an update?

The answer to that problem is here:

:biggrin:
Nice, that certainly comes in handy.
Is the incompatibility of the saves something that you might be able to fix in the future or will we always have to start a new game or use the fast skip.
Because, to be honest, generating a save is not quite the same as using your own.

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
@berny that I'm afraid will remain unfixable. Not because I'm not able to fix it, but because it's impossible to fix.
I'll try to explain.
Every time I add a variable in the game it's being added in a file "main.rpy" which is read when you launch a new game. However, there are cases where this variables are written when you start a new game only (by clicking "New game" on the main screen) and if you load a previous savegame they are not recognized properly by the game and you receive an error.

I could only fix that in two ways:
- Declaring all the variables which I'll need in the game once and for all, which is impossible because the game is in development
- Declaring variables in new .rpy only, but that will create a mess in the code structure and I'm not used to work in messy development environments

So that's something you'll never get in the game as long as it remains in alpha stage. The best I've found for whoever doesn't want to try the updates because of the boring previously released content is over that post :(

Reactions: Cirro84 and berny

berny

Jun 8, 2017
@berny that I'm afraid will remain unfixable. Not because I'm not able to fix it, but because it's impossible to fix.
I'll try to explain.
Every time I add a variable in the game it's being added in a file "main.rpy" which is read when you launch a new game. However, there are cases where this variables are written when you start a new game only (by clicking "New game" on the main screen) and if you load a previous savegame they are not recognized properly by the game and you receive an error.

I could only fix that in two ways:
- Declaring all the variables which I'll need in the game once and for all, which is impossible because the game is in development
- Declaring variables in new .rpy only, but that will create a mess in the code structure and I'm not used to work in messy development environments

So that's something you'll never get in the game as long as it remains in alpha stage. The best I've found for whoever doesn't want to try the updates because of the boring previously released content is over that post :(
Ahh, what a pity. And thanks for the explanations.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Imagine you are a doctor and after a long day working at your clinic you find out one of your patients left her unlocked phone over the waiting room.

Inside you found countless pictures of her naked and in sexy poses.

What would you do? Return the phone without saying anything or would you rather try to exploit the situation, maybe blackmailing her for money or sex?

That's one of the choices you'll make on Clinical Methods, the upcoming 0.0.5 update of General Practitioner, a game where choices really matter and are not just a mean to "tell a tale".

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
Nice game, one of the best. Deserves to be in the popular games section tbh

@Bruni Multimedia, I hope you still have the sex carry position in one of the scenes I requested.

Here is your response to me a month ago: "Mmh no, not yet. I haven't thought about that position while developing 0.0.4 (I've already completed writing/rendering of sex scenes). I'll be sure to add them in 0.0.5."

Hopefully it's in 0.0.5. Great game once again, grats on the kid.

Reactions: Bruni Multimedia
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes