3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me what bored you?
Probably because he reached the end of content, and he was left with repeating and doing same shit for hours.
Wake up, go to the gym, go to work, go to,... endless loop, no new scenes,.....

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
That comes with a game in alpha release 005, can't help with that.
And as I explainer earlier I cannot force the game to stop after an event, because given the nature of the game itself there is no "scripted timeline" but the player can fulfill exams and story arcs whenever he wish (if ever)...

Rest assured that the final release won't have ANY grinding (which is pretty useless even now).

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
That comes with a game in alpha release 005, can't help with that.
And as I explainer earlier I cannot force the game to stop after an event, because given the nature of the game itself there is no "scripted timeline" but the player can fulfill exams and story arcs whenever he wish (if ever)...

Rest assured that the final release won't have ANY grinding (which is pretty useless even now).
Well, keep up the good work. :)
We can't wait for more.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
About random examinations:

I hope you understand what something like that means in terms of programming and software engineering. :D

Zar

Aug 19, 2016
A good game, but there's way to much stuff in it that either shouldn't be in it yet or ought to have a clarifying note stating they don't work...
Stats that doesn't do anything, locations without any content, talk of hiring people and upgrading stuff while this cannot be done, talk of locations and events that don't seem to exist in the game yet...
It's nice you have plans for the game, but it makes the game seem like a mess, confuses the players and wastes peoples time when you add things before they are done, without making it clear, in game, that those parts aren't done yet.

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I see your point, still if I'm writing a story and I know some events/places WILL take place in the future, witholding them until they are ready would mean having to re-write portions of the story and backtracking every moment in the game where the event/place should be included.

For example let's take the sister/cousin story arc. It will span the entire game, still I'm developing the first two months of the game. You already happen to know she's having troubles with her husband but you'll never get to see him nor you can do anything with the info. I can't tell the player "This info will be important in future updates", nor I can not write about that because that game part is not present yet.

Showing people the features of the full game, albeit incomplete, is also showing them there is a plan for future updates and that I have very clear ideas about the general direction of the game. It also generates hype and makes it clear for people if the game is their cup of tea or not ("You have to upgrade the clinic? Boooring!" or "You also get to update the clinic! This is so much fun!").

Last but not least since the game is in early development (three months today) some things could also be removed from later versions (I'm not fond of the stats grinding thing, for example), but if a player agrees to play an alpha release well... shit happens :D

Taurens used to not have mounts in WOW beta, no one was surprised when they actually got one in later releases.

Reactions: asgodmpgod

Zar

Aug 19, 2016
Well the point I was trying to make is that I found it very confusing, not knowing what was in the game, and what wasn't, a little note like "not yet in the game" or "visiting this location does not yet trigger events" would help a lot with that.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
In every download post I make I always write to read the changelog. If people don't... too bad.

This isn't a full game yet, it would be silly on my part to treat it like it was and to lose valuable time (since I only work on this in my free time) adding pointless lines of text that are already been written in the changelog.

Known issues:
- Vanilla mode is still not completely implemented. Vanilla mode is the same as "Story Mode" without sexual interactions of any kind.
- Stats/Money gain and loss is functioning, however stats are still not used in events nor situations
- The game will end on June 30th to prevent players to go further. Full version of the game will cover an additional 11 months and there will be at least two more events in May.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
About random examinations:

I hope you understand what something like that means in terms of programming and software engineering. :D
Just read this on patreon and I must admit, I'm very relieved that you're planning to make this an optional feature. As interesting as it sounds, I fear that it might feel more like work than fun if we had to do it every day, plus, after years of playing video games I'm highly skeptical of randomly generated content, but that's another topic.
This actually sounds a lot more negative than I intended, it sounds really interesting, and if we can turn it on/off at all times, it's actually pretty great.
Just to be clear, the manually generated examinations aren't affected by that, right?

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Of course not. The scripted events and examinations won't be skippable. Each time you will work at the clinic, if no scripted exam is planned for that specific day, the game will ask you if you want to play a randomly generated one or not, thus earning 150$ by default.
You can choose to do that or not, it's entirely up to you. :)

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
@berny that I'm afraid will remain unfixable. Not because I'm not able to fix it, but because it's impossible to fix.
I'll try to explain.
Every time I add a variable in the game it's being added in a file "main.rpy" which is read when you launch a new game. However, there are cases where this variables are written when you start a new game only (by clicking "New game" on the main screen) and if you load a previous savegame they are not recognized properly by the game and you receive an error.

I could only fix that in two ways:
- Declaring all the variables which I'll need in the game once and for all, which is impossible because the game is in development
- Declaring variables in new .rpy only, but that will create a mess in the code structure and I'm not used to work in messy development environments

So that's something you'll never get in the game as long as it remains in alpha stage. The best I've found for whoever doesn't want to try the updates because of the boring previously released content is over that post :(
Actually you can, you'll need to add a variable with the version of the game the save was made, a routine that checks that variable after loading a game and initializes, changes, "renames" all the necessary values including the version value added in the next version, then do the same over and over until all the updates necessary are done and let you play the current version.

It would look something like this:
Code:
    if not hasattr(store, 'version'):
        call runupdate_old_to_004
    if version=="0.0.4":
        call runupdate_004_to_005

label runupdate_old_to_004:
    $ var1 = 1
    $ var2 = 2
    $ var3 = 3
    $ var4 = old_var4
    $ version="0.0.4"
    return

label runupdate_004_to_005:
    $ var5 = 1
    $ var6 = 2
    $ var7 = 3
    $ var1 = old_var1
    $ version="0.0.5"
    return
It's a good idea to display a message after the updating is done so the user can save the game with the new variables.

P.S. It's not easy and it requires keeping track of all the new and changed variables but it is possible.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
005a is out for 20$ patrons:

GENERAL:
* Corrected some bugs
* Added new Codex entries
- Codex entries now have pictures depicting the object of the entry
* Added 153 new images (as of 0.0.5a)

GAMEPLAY
* You can now fast skip a new game directly to the new content introduced in the updates
- Click "New game", perform the interview with Dr. Kirkman and then follow the instructions on screen
* You can now interview and hire a new staff member from a pool of three
- Perks and costs of the new staff member are outlined in the game

EXAMINATIONS:
* New examination available: Kiko
- Kiko's exam will be available after June 2nd
- Kiko's exam has been chosen by a 30$ patron
- Kiko is a flirtable character
* New examination available: Katia
- Katia's exam will start after June 18th
- In the final game Katia's exam will be restricted to whose that hire Dr. Borelli in the staff. However, since the other examinations are still in development the game will act as you hired Dr. Borelli.
THIS IS NOT A BUG.
- Katia is not a flirtable character

STORY:
* New storyline: "Clinical Methods"
- CM is scheduled to begin after you talked with Dr. Richards at the end of "Trip to Seattle" content
- CM will start on June 17th regardless of your daily activities
- CM will introduce you to interviewing and hiring new staff members for the clinic. Choose wisely.
* New storyline: "Kiko"
- After your examination of Kiko you will be prompted to the new storyline regarding her
- Kiko's storyline will be explored even in future updates

Known issues:
- Vanilla mode is still not completely implemented. Vanilla mode is the same as "Story Mode" without sexual interactions of any kind.
- Stats/Money gain and loss is functioning, however stats are still not used in events nor situations
- The game will end on June 30th to prevent players to go further. Full version of the game will cover an additional 11 months and there will be at least two more events in May.

In development:
* Added sound effects (breathing / heart) to all examinations
* You can now buy items from the store!
- Check the Codex for info about perks given by each item

D

dogk22

I do like this thing, eespite the poor quality of the renders. Good use for DSE...

However, the game keeps crashing when I start working at the hospital, exactly when I'm going to do the exams on the patient

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes