VN Ren'Py Abandoned George and the Medical Degree [v0.0.8] [ZL-Games]

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Because some other supporters care about the common folk enough not to gate content...
Latest released buid is the no. 8th and dev already toiling on no. 9 .. possibly even 10th...
There are minute developments set to achieve fast updates ... still not a full engagement ;)!

Reactions: Mormont

ZL-Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
Download V.0.0.6 - George and the medical degree

Windows Version:
Mac Version:
Android Version:
Changelog:
- 2 New event Jessy with hot scene
- New event Mia (New schoolgirl)
- Update italian translation
Thank you and enjoy.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
V 0.0.7 has been on SVS for over a week. How about you drop that version too ZL-Games ?
It's been out since July 21st on Patreon and I honestly feel the more content you make available the more interest you'll get.
Even 0.0.8 has been out over 2wks. I've never seen such a widely staggered release schedule on any game/VN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canto Forte

ZL-Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
V 0.0.7 has been on SVS for a few days. How about you drop that version too ZL-Games ?
It's been out since July 21st on Patreon and I honestly feel the more content you make available the more interest you'll get.
Even 0.0.8 has been out over 2wks. I've never seen such a widely staggered release schedule on any game/VN.
Hi, when the pool expires, I will release version 0.0.7. If development ends, I will release version 0.0.8 directly.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Just the one Mia scene? shame was hoping to see a bit more of her was expecting a bit more from the Jessy scene as well talk about being a tease. Still, not a lot to do yet sadly

Reactions: McWoodz

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You may very well already be aware of this error (in v0.0.7), ZL-Games, but after the first Mia event Monday morning, I returned to my room and chose Take a rest (to forward time once). Then, when I try to go to the first classroom (click on the hall where the door to the room is), I get an error. I've attached my traceback file, in case it's useful to you.
View attachment traceback.txt

MikieB

Jul 6, 2018
Nice to see a new girl. But, i get this error after getting a handjob from Mia :
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/University/University_corridor_classroom1/day/scene/Mia/mi_University_corridor_classroom1_2.rpy", line 152, in script
    if mi_attr.love < 4:
  File "game/scripts/University/University_corridor_classroom1/day/scene/Mia/mi_University_corridor_classroom1_2.rpy", line 152, in <module>
    if mi_attr.love < 4:
NameError: name 'mi_attr' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/University/University_corridor_classroom1/day/scene/Mia/mi_University_corridor_classroom1_2.rpy", line 152, in script
    if mi_attr.love < 4:
  File "E:\Spel\Xxx\Patreon\ZL-Games\George_and_the_medical_degree-0.0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\Spel\Xxx\Patreon\ZL-Games\George_and_the_medical_degree-0.0.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Spel\Xxx\Patreon\ZL-Games\George_and_the_medical_degree-0.0.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/University/University_corridor_classroom1/day/scene/Mia/mi_University_corridor_classroom1_2.rpy", line 152, in <module>
    if mi_attr.love < 4:
NameError: name 'mi_attr' is not defined

ZL-Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
CookieMonster666 e MikieB
Hello, Solved the problem. Windows does not accept very long routes. Try putting the game folder directly in C: and tell me if you still have that problem.
Thank you

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Puh ... just from the start. Why is there always a delay? It takes ages to get the next textbox - or you spam click. Do you (the dev) like that? I just wonder why someone would choose that approach.

Then, the teachers shouldn't use forenames - that can be the case when they talk to each other or we have got acquainted to them.

Renders look quite good. I went to class and then I cant find anything to trigger. And no, a walkthrough is no answer to bad game design. As soon as you need such a thing your game is broken! So the game is over for me, because I hate pointless free-roam/"sandboxy" games. There is no good reason for it. Just tell a somewhat branching story as a VN - or cater to the no-lifer grind-lover faction and add pointless grind into it and at least show the player when and where events can trigger. and/or have a hint/quest system that tells us what to do next.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Yeah I am getting a weird slow delay before text appears. I have text on the fastest setting and it just seems like you sit there waiting for it to pop up.

I gave up for now since this makes it unplayable for me. Even spam clicking it is slow so it might be something with the transition timing.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
CookieMonster666 e MikieB
Hello, Solved the problem. Windows does not accept very long routes. Try putting the game folder directly in C: and tell me if you still have that problem.
Thank you
Yes, that fixed it. Thanks. Strange, though; I never had that issue with other Ren'Py games in that same folder. I've moved my games to a less "deep" location on my drive now.

Reactions: Canto Forte

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Yes, that fixed it. Thanks. Strange, though; I never had that issue with other Ren'Py games in that same folder. I've moved my games to a less "deep" location on my drive now.
It looks like the dev is using long filenames so they are possibly hitting the Windows Character limit. It is something like 255 characters so with the filename in your example just from game on it is already at 108 characters. Then when you add the long title of the game if you used that you are at 139. Now add in any subfolders and you can quickly approach the limit since each folder adds to the count.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hey. After the introduction scene, she will be in the corridor in the Afternoon mon-fri, just talk to her and one of the questions to choose from will get you the scene.
Got there, in the end, thank you. My stupid self was using the older previous version :LOL: that's why she wasn't showing up for me.