VN Ren'Py Abandoned George and the Medical Degree [v0.0.8] [ZL-Games]

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I honestly waited to see what this game would be like after a few versions. I couldn't play it pass the Dean's office. I just couldn't.

Frame, open mouth, conversation, close mouth, transition, open mouth, conversation, close mouth, transition.

You have like 2 to 3 extra frames for every sentence than what should be there. It doesn't make it looks more real, it's fucking aggravating as shit. I ended up having to scroll back lines because I started mad clicking to get through all the useless animations.

I stopped when I got to Jessy, because her cold dead eyes made me no longer want to play. God make the conversations in this cleaner, and fix the model. I honestly can't touch this again because it was so infuriating to try to immerse myself in it while dealing with all that extra crap.

All that without even mentioning the broken english.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does anyone know how to start the new content?
Monday Evening: Knock on Jessy's Door (the one next to your own).
<skip forward a lot>
Saturday Morning: Go to the Gym and click/tap on Mindy.
Saturday Afternoon: Go to the Science Room and click/tap on Mery.
<skip forward a full week>
Saturday Afternoon: Go to the Classroom and click/tap on Milly.

That should be all of them.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Monday Evening: Knock on Jessy's Door (the one next to your own).
<skip forward a lot>
Saturday Morning: Go to the Gym and click/tap on Mindy.
Saturday Afternoon: Go to the Science Room and click/tap on Mery.
<skip forward a full week>
Saturday Afternoon: Go to the Classroom and click/tap on Milly.

That should be all of them.
Thank you.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
No wonder I couldn't find this one! a whole week :oops: Thanks for sharing that I was going out my mind looking for her :LOL:
It's always possible I've missed something, but after going another week and a half out from Milly's event, I decided there shouldn't be anything more. If there is, I'll let someone else spend time trying to find it. :cautious:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i have 2 love points for Mindy.
but when 2 love required for next event ,its says i haven't enougt love point
Yeah, I believe that's a bug. IIRC, 2 Love is exactly how much you should have with Mindy, unless you've made the wrong choices before. I'm not sure whether this has been fixed in later releases, since I'm not a patron so don't have access later than v0.0.5. (The game's actually up to v0.0.8 now, with v0.0.9 in progress.)
Finally got Milly event :) for all that effort it was worth it in the end

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I couldn't agree more. 190% worth it, just for that look. :love:

BTW, this forum needs a slobber emoji. :unsure:

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hmmm so another thing ... why not show us first you can handle this VN, i would recommend that you improve this one and not talk bout change game already, this sort of thing remembers me only to dev´s who do this always afterwards and never improve/finish there first step VNs
Seems, that Dev is bored with the current game and wants out...too bad for this game, BUT, you can register on Patreon and vote there without paying, I've already voted :)

ZL-Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
Seems, that Dev is bored with the current game and wants out...too bad for this game, BUT, you can register on Patreon and vote there without paying, I've already voted :)
Hi, thanks for voting.
I'm not tired or tired of continuing my work on this game, but I'm not noticing that it is not followed and the feedback is not positive. I'm getting advice and I've let you users decide what to do. In both cases my work will continue. Thank you

nyanza

Jun 6, 2017
"-Excuse me, am I the only male in this university?
-Yeah, I think so. Why do you ask?
-No reason.
-Hmmm.

-1 love
GAME OVER"

Cool stuff.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi, thanks for voting.
I'm not tired or tired of continuing my work on this game, but I'm not noticing that it is not followed and the feedback is not positive. I'm getting advice and I've let you users decide what to do. In both cases my work will continue. Thank you
It would be nice just to have more interactions with both students and teachers it's like when there is no event it's just the MC in an empty building
I'm in complete agreement with Mormont. Of course there will always be those who are negative, but overall, the primary problem I see with the game is only showing students or teachers when there's an event for them specifically. Wandering an empty building and checking every time period every day becomes a bit tedious.

I'm in no way at all saying you need to copy the game really, but an example of filling in the spaces "between" classes can be seen a bit in No More Secrets. If you haven't played it, ZL-Games, you might want to so you can have an idea of what I mean. You don't even need to play very far; the first episode of the game is at school, with student and teacher interactions. I just think that might give you some ideas of the types of things you can use to fill the space.

You might also play some of Annie's School Days for another example. I would recommend not making your game require as much grind as that one, since many people tend to hate that in games. Still, I do think that both of those provide good examples of possible interactions with other characters. Having other characters that aren't very important but who can interact with the MC or with other major characters makes the school feel more realistic and alive, and it eliminates the feeling of doing events just to do events.

Anyway, it's your game: these are just suggestions from someone who enjoys your game already and would like to see it continue. Unfortunately, I think the poll may spell the end of this game.

George-Poll.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mormont
Mar 4, 2019
From the way this is going, George isn't getting any degree anytime soon! ZL-Games, I don't want to be a dick but sometimes I gotta! There is no meat with the potatoes you are serving... Day after day clicking with nothing happening, MC almost feels like he is alone in the uni. At least a grinder with the same old, same old, is better than skipping time day after day and then checking every location for a maybe a 5 second exchange...

Reactions: Deadlyreaper