bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I agree on the wasted opportunities, for instance thugs only had once scene, also game was beging for some route splits and multiple endings, maybe some bad endings. Still like it but would only give it 3,5/5.
Yeah, there were so many points where you would think "Oh boy here ima be able to make a choice or get some bad ending or something" nope. Like the thugs getting one scene and one when ghosts instead of chasing you around, or when you are in the past and you cant even see the maids getting fucked. Also doors opening with the masturbation was an amazing idea. How many doors are there? Like 2

The tentacles descending to get you to the semen filled tunnel was another amazing idea you could have used for transportation and getting some different scenes with weirder ghosts, again used like twice. Those weird eyes that block paths could spawn tentacles and fuck Vena to open the doors instead of just breaking them, there were parts were the game asked for a character switch to some of the other girls, there is only one boss with a scene, when getting knocked out in the demo from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back you would have a hint that the ghosts would do "things to her" if it happened too often. Yeh nope. And then the ending was pretty fucking ass without even having scenes. The demo promised a lot more than what was delivered at the end.

AND STILL, the game gets a very solid 8/10 from someone as picky as me, imagine if he had taken all those opportunities, had actually used the introduced mechanics throughout the game, and made the game a little longer. It would have been a fucking masterpiece worthy of a statue. And to be quite honest, exactly the same can be said about Xenotake.

Sorry for the 200 word essay, never had the chance to rant about this game.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, there were so many points where you would think "Oh boy here ima be able to make a choice or get some bad ending or something" nope. Like the thugs getting one scene and one when ghosts instead of chasing you around, or when you are in the past and you cant even see the maids getting fucked. Also doors opening with the masturbation was an amazing idea. How many doors are there? Like 2

The tentacles descending to get you to the semen filled tunnel was another amazing idea you could have used for transportation and getting some different scenes with weirder ghosts, again used like twice. Those weird eyes that block paths could spawn tentacles and fuck Vena to open the doors instead of just breaking them, there were parts were the game asked for a character switch to some of the other girls, there is only one boss with a scene, when getting knocked out in the demo from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back you would have a hint that the ghosts would do "things to her" if it happened too often. Yeh nope. And then the ending was pretty fucking ass without even having scenes. The demo promised a lot more than what was delivered at the end.

AND STILL, the game gets a very solid 8/10 from someone as picky as me, imagine if he had taken all those opportunities, had actually used the introduced mechanics throughout the game, and made the game a little longer. It would have been a fucking masterpiece worthy of a statue. And to be quite honest, exactly the same can be said about Xenotake.

Sorry for the 200 word essay, never had the chance to rant about this game.
I think in regard of not wasting opportunities Alps was great, sadly short, but for something so short there where some of the best scenes i saw in any act game ever made, and there was a lot of them.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I think in regard of not wasting opportunities Alps was great, sadly short, but for something so short there where some of the best scenes i saw in any act game ever made, and there was a lot of them.
I dont think I have ever seen that one, now if you want fucking quality from one of these games, Bullet Requiem and Night of Revenge (in development still). Very good ones. Hell Night of Revenge might still even be better than Vosmug's stuff when it releases fully.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
I dont think I have ever seen that one, now if you want fucking quality from one of these games, Bullet Requiem and Night of Revenge (in development still). Very good ones. Hell Night of Revenge might still even be better than Vosmug's stuff when it releases fully.
Night of Revenge is boring, its way too easy, there are no penalties for losing clothes or getting violated by enemies and you can get of each animation with one key press. So i dont know how can this be better than Ghost Hunter Vena where you had penalties for both, although it was still easy to struggle out when getting caught and there was nothing that was making this harder, but that still better than abolutelty no point to try to struggle, in fact in Ghost Hunter Vena you get caught at sometimes and will see the erotic scenes, while in Night of Revenge the only way you would see them is actually getting caught on purpose.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Night of Revenge is boring, its way too easy, there are no penalties for losing clothes or getting violated by enemies and you can get of each animation with one key press. So i dont know how can this be better than Ghost Hunter Vena where you had penalties for both, although it was still easy to struggle out when getting caught and there was nothing that was making this harder, but that still better than abolutelty no point to try to struggle, in fact in Ghost Hunter Vena you get caught at sometimes and will see the erotic scenes, while in Night of Revenge the only way you would see them is actually getting caught on purpose.
Only way to get caught in Vena is suffering from arthritis

Reactions: Dude39939

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
You really hit the nail on the head with most of your post, but this is hands-down one of my biggest "problems" with the game (with quotes because it's still easily one of my favorite H-games ever, despite my disappointments). There are so many little touches and ~flawless~ build-up of suspense to certain moments that just... never actually pay off, or result in some really lackluster conclusion.

Like EVERYTHING with the two thugs. My first time playing through the game, I absolutely loved how simultaneously threatening and incompetent they were, and wish the game would've given them more time to actually shine. It really added some unique appeal to the idea of them capturing anyone, especially the teacher, Sui. I think I honestly held my breath throughout the entirety of that scene where she surrenders willingly to them in order to spare the other two girls, because it was so clearly building up to that moment, and everything with her failed escape to being immediately recaptured just heightened that sense of dread and anticipation.

Even the ghost that ruined her escape adds something, where you can see it stalking Sui when she walks off-screen earlier on and it blocks your path, forcing you to find another way around to catch up with her. I absolutely adore that kind of vaguely sinister tension growing over time, since so many games seem to lack that sense of intention with how they are written.

And I won't lie, I did still like that scene with Sui and the thugs when it eventually happened. I liked it quite a bit, actually. But I still feel like it didn't land as well as it should have, since Rixa is also there for pretty much no reason with nothing to actually contribute to the scene beyond drawing focus away from Sui's big moment. It either should've just been Sui there, or she should've had an earlier one as well with both of the thugs. Or hell, even just the faintest implication that it was happening while she was off-screen for so long.

Another one that really bugged me was all of the foreshadowing between the thugs and Norea. There's a genuinely intriguing thread of Sui attempting to drive a wedge between Norea and her two lackeys by consistently pointing out how she's losing control over them... and then Vena just kills them before it can result in anything. Sure, they do come back as ghosts and get hilariously distracted from attacking Vena by finally getting the chance to "party" with their boss, but I don't think it was worth the trade-off of them having no further dialog or personality by that point to drive it home. The whole tension of the "they were already planning to betray her" side-story amounts to nothing, because when the scene finally happens, they are really no different from any of the other random ghosts. The only positive thing about it was the initial reveal, where the game makes you go back and find her like that, like the punchline of the joke where the set-up was them mysteriously bolting off-screen earlier without any explanation why at the time.

As for the ending, I had the exact same complaint about Vosmug's last game, Xenotake. GHV has it much, much worse because of how seriously it suddenly tries to take it with... whatever the hell happens with Vena and her heart, I'm honestly not 100% sure what it was trying to get across there with how much exposition it tried to spit out in the last ten minutes, but the tonal shift felt super jarring. But there really should've been some way to ultimately fail and get a bad ending with everyone trapped in the house, or at the absolute least, give that fate to Norea as the game's main antagonist. The true villain of the game has some hints of characterization if you squint hard enough between the notes and the wasted flashback sequence, but has no real presence in the story as its told, so defeating her doesn't feel like enough of an accomplishment to justify the weirdly saccharine epilogue that just drags itself out foreverrrrrrrr.

I swear, this game and Tails of Azeroth are the banes of my existence, because I could rant about them endlessly for VERY different reasons...

(for the record, I'm also sorry for the essay, but begging on his blog for bonus/alternate scenes to be added or a spinoff "sequel" starring Sui has gotten a bit old, and the next game looks like it won't scratch the same itch... so I needed to vent about the story somewhere! :D)

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
I'm so confused by this game. It feels like my version 1.08 is broken. Pressing M is supposed to bring up the map but does nothing. Pressing C is supposed to repair clothes but instead makes a boop sound and does nothing. The floating hands at the beginning of the game are almost impossible to hit and when I do it does 1 damage. When I absorb the first orb the game says to press Z > X to attack, but this seems to do nothing. I guess those hands are supposed to drop something when killed, but if I leave the room and come back they despawn forever.

When I first meet the floating hands, the game says to press Z to attack them. But in the controls Z isn't even labelled as attack, X is. X just extends her hand out and nothing happens. Is this stuff mislabelled??

I can't get past the first wall thing and my gaming skill ego feels seriously injured. I feel like I am missing something obvious, what am I doing wrong? Someone please hold my hand.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I'm so confused by this game. It feels like my version 1.08 is broken. Pressing M is supposed to bring up the map but does nothing. Pressing C is supposed to repair clothes but instead makes a boop sound and does nothing. The floating hands at the beginning of the game are almost impossible to hit and when I do it does 1 damage. When I absorb the first orb the game says to press Z > X to attack, but this seems to do nothing. I guess those hands are supposed to drop something when killed, but if I leave the room and come back they despawn forever.

When I first meet the floating hands, the game says to press Z to attack them. But in the controls Z isn't even labelled as attack, X is. X just extends her hand out and nothing happens. Is this stuff mislabelled??

I can't get past the first wall thing and my gaming skill ego feels seriously injured. I feel like I am missing something obvious, what am I doing wrong? Someone please hold my hand.
It's been a while since I've played the game, but I'll try my best to help you anyway.

You can't open the map with M yet because you need to progress further. Pressing C to repair clothes requires one of the bars in the top left (don't remember which of the two) to be filled a certain amount. Hitting the floating hands in the beginning with Z stuns them. Z is your stun "attack". Follow that up with X to actually hurt them (after you got that ability, of course). The ghosts only stay vulnerable for a certain amount of time, so you need to be somewhat quick.

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
OK thank you very much. I feel like a bit of an ol' tardo now, but now I get it. X didn't seem to be doing anything but waving my hand at the air, so I was actually killing things by pressing Z over and over for 7 dmg. I felt like I was doing something wrong when it took 3 minutes of standing still pressing Z to kill a ghost wall.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
You really hit the nail on the head with most of your post, but this is hands-down one of my biggest "problems" with the game (with quotes because it's still easily one of my favorite H-games ever, despite my disappointments). There are so many little touches and ~flawless~ build-up of suspense to certain moments that just... never actually pay off, or result in some really lackluster conclusion.

Like EVERYTHING with the two thugs. My first time playing through the game, I absolutely loved how simultaneously threatening and incompetent they were, and wish the game would've given them more time to actually shine. It really added some unique appeal to the idea of them capturing anyone, especially the teacher, Sui. I think I honestly held my breath throughout the entirety of that scene where she surrenders willingly to them in order to spare the other two girls, because it was so clearly building up to that moment, and everything with her failed escape to being immediately recaptured just heightened that sense of dread and anticipation.

Even the ghost that ruined her escape adds something, where you can see it stalking Sui when she walks off-screen earlier on and it blocks your path, forcing you to find another way around to catch up with her. I absolutely adore that kind of vaguely sinister tension growing over time, since so many games seem to lack that sense of intention with how they are written.

And I won't lie, I did still like that scene with Sui and the thugs when it eventually happened. I liked it quite a bit, actually. But I still feel like it didn't land as well as it should have, since Rixa is also there for pretty much no reason with nothing to actually contribute to the scene beyond drawing focus away from Sui's big moment. It either should've just been Sui there, or she should've had an earlier one as well with both of the thugs. Or hell, even just the faintest implication that it was happening while she was off-screen for so long.

Another one that really bugged me was all of the foreshadowing between the thugs and Norea. There's a genuinely intriguing thread of Sui attempting to drive a wedge between Norea and her two lackeys by consistently pointing out how she's losing control over them... and then Vena just kills them before it can result in anything. Sure, they do come back as ghosts and get hilariously distracted from attacking Vena by finally getting the chance to "party" with their boss, but I don't think it was worth the trade-off of them having no further dialog or personality by that point to drive it home. The whole tension of the "they were already planning to betray her" side-story amounts to nothing, because when the scene finally happens, they are really no different from any of the other random ghosts. The only positive thing about it was the initial reveal, where the game makes you go back and find her like that, like the punchline of the joke where the set-up was them mysteriously bolting off-screen earlier without any explanation why at the time.

As for the ending, I had the exact same complaint about Vosmug's last game, Xenotake. GHV has it much, much worse because of how seriously it suddenly tries to take it with... whatever the hell happens with Vena and her heart, I'm honestly not 100% sure what it was trying to get across there with how much exposition it tried to spit out in the last ten minutes, but the tonal shift felt super jarring. But there really should've been some way to ultimately fail and get a bad ending with everyone trapped in the house, or at the absolute least, give that fate to Norea as the game's main antagonist. The true villain of the game has some hints of characterization if you squint hard enough between the notes and the wasted flashback sequence, but has no real presence in the story as its told, so defeating her doesn't feel like enough of an accomplishment to justify the weirdly saccharine epilogue that just drags itself out foreverrrrrrrr.

I swear, this game and Tails of Azeroth are the banes of my existence, because I could rant about them endlessly for VERY different reasons...

(for the record, I'm also sorry for the essay, but begging on his blog for bonus/alternate scenes to be added or a spinoff "sequel" starring Sui has gotten a bit old, and the next game looks like it won't scratch the same itch... so I needed to vent about the story somewhere! :D)
Yeah something I forgot that you reminded me of with this is, werent there a couple ghosts that appear to be big and powerful in some scenes, like the one stalking Sui constantly, and then they dont even appear again to have a proper climax to their appearances?

And yeah, the ending with all the exposition that was like 10 minutes of constant text was a mess. At least in Xenotake, although the ending was clearly pointing to a continuation that was never going to happen because Vosmug himself had already said that he didnt want to make a sequel, it was somewhat of an ending, but this was just like he didnt know how to ending and went with whatever crossed his mind first.

It really is a shame that this dude completely refuses to give a sequel to both his games, because improving over both of them would give very good results, instead of switching gears constantly.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
a continuation that was never going to happen because Vosmug himself had already said that he didnt want to make a sequel
Well, wouldn't you know what he's working on now. Maybe it's not a sequel, but it's pretty much confirmed that the next game is in the same universe as Xenotake.
It really is a shame that this dude completely refuses to give a sequel to both his games, because improving over both of them would give very good results, instead of switching gears constantly.
I don't necessarily agree with that. It can be a good thing to keep things fresh and not churn out sequels constantly. Sure, he hasn't made a single sequel whatsoever, but that's not a bad thing per se. Making a game that is not directly tied to your previous work allows for more freedom.

Reactions: bloodmane

lovebnb

Mar 27, 2018
so anyone knows any games similar to the following list:

1)ariadne
2)senguko rance
3)erotical night
4)malisa and the machine
5)and ofcourse this game
i cant remember other good games but i'm looking for something similar to any of the above

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes