VN Unity Girl Galley Grand Line [Ch. 2] [Boy D. Joy]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
If/when this game gets animations I'll give it a try. I like the art and one piece but dont play games without animation.
i'd be fine without animation for this if it meant quicker releases. the scene art was so well made it was good as is.

and perhaps instead of outright animation, a live 2d would be a slight step up

May 20, 2022
Hi man, you got a very nice game. I came to ask if you can enlighten me about One Piece's copyright? I'm trynna see if making a OP based game is worth it or not. Thank you either way!

Reactions: BoyD.Joy

BoyD.Joy

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2021
Hi man, you got a very nice game. I came to ask if you can enlighten me about One Piece's copyright? I'm trynna see if making a OP based game is worth it or not. Thank you either way!
First, thank you for checking out our game, it means a lot to us.

Long story short there is the idea of " " (親告罪, shinkokuzai). This means if copyright holder doesn't complain about it, it's not illegal.

It falls similarly to doujinshi, but to prevent the copyright holder from complaining we are doing a few things to prevent this.

#1 - We don't have One Piece in the title.
#2 - We state that this is a parody and to support the official release.
#3 - We will not be selling the game, it is free; the only monetary gain we have is purely on Patreon.

Though if there are people out there more knowledgeable about Japanese Law, feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

May 20, 2022
First, thank you for checking out our game, it means a lot to us.

Long story short there is the idea of " " (親告罪, shinkokuzai). This means if copyright holder doesn't complain about it, it's not illegal.

It falls similarly to doujinshi, but to prevent the copyright holder from complaining we are doing a few things to prevent this.

#1 - We don't have One Piece in the title.
#2 - We state that this is a parody and to support the official release.
#3 - We will not be selling the game, it is free; the only monetary gain we have is purely on Patreon.

Though if there are people out there more knowledgeable about Japanese Law, feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
I see, thanks a lot my friend. That put me at ease. I wish you good luck with the game!

Reactions: BoyD.Joy

mashi81

Sep 18, 2020
if it is a one piece inspired game, why almost all the male characters i see in the screenshots are from shantae??

mcDonbalds

Jan 22, 2023
Experienced a bug that won't let met start the game:
When I open the game it goes to windowed mode - I have an ultra wide monitor so I cant press what I presume is an "I accept"/"I'm over 18" button on the disclaimer screen as it's below the screen.
I can't adjust the size of the window or go to setting the make it full screen, so I'm stuck as the button is off screen. Just an fyi!

BoyD.Joy

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2021
Experienced a bug that won't let met start the game:
When I open the game it goes to windowed mode - I have an ultra wide monitor so I cant press what I presume is an "I accept"/"I'm over 18" button on the disclaimer screen as it's below the screen.
I can't adjust the size of the window or go to setting the make it full screen, so I'm stuck as the button is off screen. Just an fyi!
Thanks for bringing this up to our attention, we'll take a look into this issue.

AFailure

Nov 10, 2021
Alright, just played this game for the first time, and while I think it's incredibly short, the artwork, style, and "gameplay" are great. I use quotations on gameplay since so far it's just clicking and interacting with a couple different things, like time skip and talking to Coby, but this has a LOT of potential, and I am a fan! I wish to reiterate that the artwork is incredible! Finally, a message to the devs: incredible work, and I really hope this game goes far! The teaser for Shells Town was very exciting! However, please don't take more than what you can handle, as it would be a shame for a game like this to fall before it can even get going! Great work so far though!

BoyD.Joy

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2021
Alright, just played this game for the first time, and while I think it's incredibly short, the artwork, style, and "gameplay" are great. I use quotations on gameplay since so far it's just clicking and interacting with a couple different things, like time skip and talking to Coby, but this has a LOT of potential, and I am a fan! I wish to reiterate that the artwork is incredible! Finally, a message to the devs: incredible work, and I really hope this game goes far! The teaser for Shells Town was very exciting! However, please don't take more than what you can handle, as it would be a shame for a game like this to fall before it can even get going! Great work so far though!
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, we do have plans to have more gameplay, but we are still learning and growing as a development team, so I know there are some things that maybe staple to some visual novel games, we could have used renpy but we have a somewhat specific gameplay mechanic we want to implement.

lol anyways I got on a bit of a rant, long story short; thanks for playing the game, and we may be going on a slower pace than most but we are doing this to make sure we don't get burnt out on development.

Reactions: AFailure

BoyD.Joy

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2021
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll take a look into it. We aren't 100% sure why it's happening.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes