danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
test build dropped on patron
Can confirm! Although BE WARNED. Right now it really is a test build - there's a number of issues and glitches which I'm currently working to fix and which right now make the game almost unplayable ... That said, I should have an updated version of that out in a couple days time!

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Update: Working Version of the new Test Build - both as a download and also a playable web version ... Public release coming this time next month once I have added some more content outside of the Heather route and also made sure it's as bug free and playable as possible!

What is this version?
A from-the-ground-up rebuild of Girl Games, this time using the Godot game engine and which, at least in my opinion, sits somewhere between the original Twine version and the Ren'py one. Godot allows me to do so much more now, the sky's the limit as hopefully you'll see!

As for content, the test build currently contains all of the main 'Heather' storyline beats right up to (but not including) the Games itself . So in other words, all the training and feminization tasks Heather puts you through right up until the evening of the competition itself ...

What it isn't:
A totally finished, bug-free game with tons of extra content outside of the main Heather route. There's still SO much left to do - all the side stories, shops, the classroom stuff, dreams, daydreams, masturbatory fantasies, tons more clothes, random events, etc, etc. Plus the Jennifer route of course ...

Last edited:

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Can we import old saves ?
Afraid not - this is a whole new version from the ground up, made with a completely different game engine (Godot) . Working in Godot, I've actually had to write a save system myself! So yeah ... there's no way of importing old saves I'm afraid. BUT, I'm trying my hardest to make sure that once this new version is actually up and running then it will be robust and future-proof enough that players will be able to keep their saves between updates. It's one of the many things I want to get locked in, moving forwards! :)

Reactions: CutelittleKitty
Feb 14, 2020
Afraid not - this is a whole new version from the ground up, made with a completely different game engine (Godot) . Working in Godot, I've actually had to write a save system myself! So yeah ... there's no way of importing old saves I'm afraid. BUT, I'm trying my hardest to make sure that once this new version is actually up and running then it will be robust and future-proof enough that players will be able to keep their saves between updates. It's one of the many things I want to get locked in, moving forwards! :)
Not a lot of devs put in the effort to future proof their projects. So really appreciate the hard work on your end.
Also still super excited for the release and all the updates that will follow. (y):love:

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Not a lot of devs put in the effort to future proof their projects. So really appreciate the hard work on your end.
Also still super excited for the release and all the updates that will follow. (y):love:
Haha thanks! To be honest I've learnt this - along with so many other things - the hard way! My first iteration of the game (in Twine) was basically just a huge tangled mess. These days, I'm trying soooo hard to be as organized and clean and forward-thinking as possible. Because not only is it gonna allow for things like future proofing but on top of that it's gonna make my own job so much easier too! Once I have the framework and components all locked in (and I'm getting there, I promise) then after that I can just focus on the 'good stuff' - meaning story, story, story!

Feb 14, 2020
Haha thanks! To be honest I've learnt this - along with so many other things - the hard way! My first iteration of the game (in Twine) was basically just a huge tangled mess. These days, I'm trying soooo hard to be as organized and clean and forward-thinking as possible. Because not only is it gonna allow for things like future proofing but on top of that it's gonna make my own job so much easier too! Once I have the framework and components all locked in (and I'm getting there, I promise) then after that I can just focus on the 'good stuff' - meaning story, story, story!
The more you say 'locked in', the more I begin to think you're just teasing with this. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, I know that doing all this foundation work at the beginning is really tough. Especially since it is something that doesn't seem to pay off right away, but if you stick to it and get it all done, then it will make your life so much easier in the long run.
I believe people will see the quality right away when this new version drops! :giggle:

Reactions: danasavage

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
danasavage i am playing the newest version, so can i ask is there a method to cheat? because i stuck at can not go to living room of heather's apartment.
Hi! Sorry, just to be sure - are you talking about the Patreon test build? And is this where you're in her bedroom getting dressed for the party? If so, then there's a wardrobe check type deal - basically you need to be be dressed enough and look pretty, so: wig, top, skirt! Hope that helps. That said, there were a few janky elements in that build and maybe the wardrobe stuff got fucked up (i'm currently reworking some of the code). Hopefully you were able to save a little earlier in case that's the case and you've found yourself stranded naked! x

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Any update?
Still going hard on getting a new version finished and out, don't worry! Looking like it might be another week (optimistic version) or perhaps two or three (pessimistic version). I have SO MUCH done though - a full 'Heather' route through the game now, and am just working on adding in a bunch of fun extra stuff to make the day to day loop seem less repetitive.

I could have released versions along the way, but negative reviews have put me off releasing publically too early - so instead I'd set myself the goal of waiting until the game had a bunch of (hopefully) satisfying content before the big re-release (i.e. 4.1 - new Godot engine, reworked everything). Although after that, I am planning to go back to a montly public release cycle.

Hope all that makes sense, and if you want to see how the new game is looking, there are a few test builds of this new version over on my Patreon :)

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Btw, kids - not sure if I need to write it here or if the 'updated' notification will be enough but ... yeah. New version (0.4.1) is now out as a full public build. Hope you all enjoy! x

Reactions: Malfred

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
You should really post a zip file with the entire game in it, instead of a Mega folder with each file.
by looking at the amazing single screenshot i'd say he better doesn't post anything here..

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
In all honestly, the game was great to begin with using HTML, i was alright with you redoing it all over and switching to Ren'py, but now you're redoing the whole game again with Godot engine? Can't you stay with just one engine and fill out the story? Feels like soon the game will be redone all over again with RPGM maker :s

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
In all honestly, the game was great to begin with using HTML, i was alright with you redoing it all over and switching to Ren'py, but now you're redoing the whole game again with Godot engine? Can't you stay with just one engine and fill out the story? Feels like soon the game will be redone all over again with RPGM maker :s
Honestly, whatever frustration you might feel about me re-doing the game in various engines is a tiny fraction of what I felt trying to make my dream game in them!! And please note, this is still just a total labor of love for me; I'm pulling in less than $70 a month on Patreon and have had billing paused for the last nine months! I've set out the reasons for the (multiple) engine switch a bunch of times in posts on here and other forums but ... to recap:

I hit a wall with Twine. It seemed more about wrangling with CSS and whatnot to get it halfway close to what I wanted. Then I thought I'd found the answer with Ren'py. It seemed slicker and the UI looked so much better from the get go, but again it was too confined to just the visual novel elements - at least for what I wanted to do - and anything outside of that (the paperdoll dressup system, which is my big passion lol, plus the other ideas I had planned) again suggested I was gonna hit a wall ...

So I made the decision to cut my losses and switch again to Godot. This is a much more fully fledged game engine - which works perfectly for what I want to do with my game (2d, text and visual novel elements but with a bunch of other fun stuff). There's even some rhythm game elements in there now! Sure, I know it looks from the outside like I am taking a total scattershot approach and not sticking with anything (and honestly the code I was writing around the first Twine version was a total tangled mess). But lockdown has been like a training montage for me. I've gotten SO much better at writing code and game-making.

Sure, I'm still not a pro and this is still just a labor of love, but especially at this point - when it's still just a tiny game by a single dev who's making next-to-no money, why not make it the game I WANT it to be, rather than just keep on with a game engine that was frustrating me at every step of the way!

I swear, there'll be no more engine switching going forward. I'm in love with Godot. It's a total joy to use and while there'll no doubt be a bunch more teething troubles going forward as I figure out everything I need to know about export settings and whatnot, I'm hoping the releases will get quicker (and slicker) hereon in from build to build.

There ends my essay! x

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes