danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Is there a way of sidestepping the minigames? Have brain-to-hand challenges.
There should be a skip button on every mini game - if you skip (and it's a sex scene) the npc still orgasms. If you skip the dance practice or final game (skipping by letting it just play out until you miss five notes - although I'll work a skip button into that on the next build too) for now all that happens is that Heather is kinda pissed and you get less applause (although it also adds extra secret good girl points to the variables for yours and H's relationship - which might come into play later ...)

I was already wondering about how much of a core concept they should be though ... There's every chance the next build might have two versions - for those that do/don't like the rhythm game stuff. Just a checkbox on start to include/exlude that content or whatever.

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
Honestly, whatever frustration you might feel about me re-doing the game in various engines is a tiny fraction of what I felt trying to make my dream game in them!! And please note, this is still just a total labor of love for me; I'm pulling in less than $70 a month on Patreon and have had billing paused for the last nine months! I've set out the reasons for the (multiple) engine switch a bunch of times in posts on here and other forums but ... to recap:

I hit a wall with Twine. It seemed more about wrangling with CSS and whatnot to get it halfway close to what I wanted. Then I thought I'd found the answer with Ren'py. It seemed slicker and the UI looked so much better from the get go, but again it was too confined to just the visual novel elements - at least for what I wanted to do - and anything outside of that (the paperdoll dressup system, which is my big passion lol, plus the other ideas I had planned) again suggested I was gonna hit a wall ...

So I made the decision to cut my losses and switch again to Godot. This is a much more fully fledged game engine - which works perfectly for what I want to do with my game (2d, text and visual novel elements but with a bunch of other fun stuff). There's even some rhythm game elements in there now! Sure, I know it looks from the outside like I am taking a total scattershot approach and not sticking with anything (and honestly the code I was writing around the first Twine version was a total tangled mess). But lockdown has been like a training montage for me. I've gotten SO much better at writing code and game-making.

Sure, I'm still not a pro and this is still just a labor of love, but especially at this point - when it's still just a tiny game by a single dev who's making next-to-no money, why not make it the game I WANT it to be, rather than just keep on with a game engine that was frustrating me at every step of the way!

I swear, there'll be no more engine switching going forward. I'm in love with Godot. It's a total joy to use and while there'll no doubt be a bunch more teething troubles going forward as I figure out everything I need to know about export settings and whatnot, I'm hoping the releases will get quicker (and slicker) hereon in from build to build.

There ends my essay! x
Thanks a lot for the clarification!

It felt like you were just switching engines all the time, but knowing now that it's about the limitation of the engine i understand. I hope it'll go well with the godot engine and i'm looking forward to future content <3

Reactions: danasavage

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
I'm loving this game so much. It was definitely worth the wait.
Keep up the great work, Dana. I'm sure it'll pay off very soon! <3
Aw, thank you so much sweetie! Honestly, your good vibes have kept me going! It can be a little disheartening sometimes when the only replies or feedback I ever get is "why isn't this working" or "this is worse than the last version" or whatever, lol. So it's nice to know that at least SOME people are actually enjoying the game x

Reactions: CutelittleKitty

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
The rhythm games on the side do not seem to work, or at least the symbols do not disappear making me believe it does not register my key presses. The dance game works though.

Would be nice to have a back button and/or daily auto saves.

What's the save file directory?
On Windows it's Appdata/roaming/savedata (at least it was for me)

Reactions: HAL9000.1

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
What's the save file directory?
From the official Godot docs: On desktop, the engine stores user files in ~/.local/share/godot/app_userdata/Name on macOS and Linux, and %APPDATA%/Name on Windows.

And the save file itself should be a .json titled SaveData

Reactions: HAL9000.1

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
The rhythm games on the side do not seem to work, or at least the symbols do not disappear making me believe it does not register my key presses. The dance game works though.

Would be nice to have a back button and/or daily auto saves.
I'm gonna be working on the save system for the next build for sure - and can try to work in a back button too ... Should have made it clearer (or changed the icon from a down arrow for the side-screen rhythm games - which was something i intended to do but it slipped my mind - sorry!), but those should work with a press of Enter/Space rather than the corresponding arrow. More teething troubles!

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Is the femdom part simply the girls pushing you to be girly or is there any active femdom in the game beyond that?

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Is the femdom part simply the girls pushing you to be girly or is there any active femdom in the game beyond that?
Maybe I was a little too free and loose with the tags - currently the game is just the more gentle Heather route, where the player is urged to be girly - yes. BUT, once the Jennifer route is active (this is coming, don't worry), then holy shit yes! That's gonna be full on femdom. You can get something of a taster of it from the super old Twine version (0.1.5) where there was some Jennifer content but that's all gonna be reworked/rewritten. Basically the Jennifer route is going to open up all the more seedy areas of the city - you'll be forced into chastity if you don't behave, taken to the alleyway to please Johns to work back the money you owe her for your outfit, etc, etc.

Edit: obviously from my description above, that's also crossing over into sissification, too. But as long as by "Femdom" we're meaning 'a woman in a position of power forcing you to do things' which i guess also incorporates forced femme, then yeah. Tbh, forced femme is more the correct term (it's one of the main genres I write in on Amazon and there's a ton of stuff I can draw on!). But if you don't think the above vague description counts as regular femdom - and it's misleading for players seeking out that content - i'm happy to remove the tag. Definitely dont' wanna mislead anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Among Us

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Maybe I was a little too free and loose with the tags - currently the game is just the more gentle Heather route, where the player is urged to be girly - yes. BUT, once the Jennifer route is active (this is coming, don't worry), then holy shit yes! That's gonna be full on femdom. You can get something of a taster of it from the super old Twine version (0.1.5) where there was some Jennifer content but that's all gonna be reworked/rewritten. Basically the Jennifer route is going to open up all the more seedy areas of the city - you'll be forced into chastity if you don't behave, taken to the alleyway to please Johns to work back the money you owe her for your outfit, etc, etc.
Thanks, it makes sense [the financial domination part is neat]. But by active femdom I mean things she does directly to the MC or the MC does for her. Such as instead of being forced to as you say "taken to the alleyway to please Johns", instead the MC pleasing her [with his tongue] or her doing femdom things on the MC [spitting, facesitting, trampling, foot/boot worhsip, being slapped by her, or even whipped, watersports, you know, classic femdom fetishes]? Or at least some of the Johns being Janes instead?

I mean its perfectly okay, whatever you have in mind, but as someone obviously into femdom, I just want to know if the femdom here will exhaust itself in simply having a female pimp, but otherwise sexually serving males [such as in the game Earn your Freedom], or will it involve serving females too, which is how most of us classically understand femdom?

Reactions: ItzSpc

danasavage

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Thanks, it makes sense. But by active femdom I mean things she does directly to the MC or the MC does for her. Such as instead of being forced to as you say "taken to the alleyway to please Johns", instead the MC pleasing her [with his tongue] or her doing femdom things on the MC [spitting, facesitting, trampling, foot/boot worhsip, being slapped by her, or even whipped, watersports, you know, classic femdom fetishes]. Or at least some of the Johns being Janes instead?
I've edited my reply above. Eventually I want to have as many options open up as possible for the player, including direct hookups/scenes with either of your mistresses if you can please them in whatever ways they like! But at least for the next few builds (once the Jennifer route is active), I guess forced femme is a much more accurate term.

Once I have those two storylines up and running - Heather is basically done although I can always add in extra little scenes, and Jennifer is my next big ToDo - then I'll be focussing on more open-ended post game (and even "ignore the main story completely") content. Which, yes, will include hetero ways of pleasing your mistress if that's your bag.

Reactions: Aseratrix

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
I've edited my reply above. Eventually I want to have as many options open up as possible for the player, including direct hookups/scenes with either of your mistresses if you can please them in whatever ways they like! But at least for the next few builds (once the Jennifer route is active), I guess forced femme is a much more accurate term.

Once I have those two storylines up and running - Heather is basically done although I can always add in extra little scenes, and Jennifer is my next big ToDo - then I'll be focussing on more open-ended post game (and even "ignore the main story completely") content. Which, yes, will include hetero ways of pleasing your mistress if that's your bag.
Thx, definitely that's my bag :giggle:

"Forced femme" would be a great tag to make things clearer in games likes these. Thanks for your answers!

Reactions: danasavage

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Edit: obviously from my description above, that's also crossing over into sissification, too. But as long as by "Femdom" we're meaning 'a woman in a position of power forcing you to do things' which i guess also incorporates forced femme, then yeah. Tbh, forced femme is more the correct term (it's one of the main genres I write in on Amazon and there's a ton of stuff I can draw on!). But if you don't think the above vague description counts as regular femdom - and it's misleading for players seeking out that content - i'm happy to remove the tag. Definitely dont' wanna mislead anyone.
My last two cents: its up to you really if you leave the tag, I am just a simple garden variety femdom fan, and from experience I know that most femdom fans expect an MC serving females [directly], while its correct that femdom involves "a woman in a position of power forcing you to do things", but those things she forces you to do matter, and are usually expected to be centered on her or females in general, aka forcing you to serve and pleasure males somehow defeats the very purpose of calling it femdom [domination by females], when in actuality all your MC ends up doing is being used by males. But I am sure some people would disagree with me. We're on the world wide web.

Imagine a game tagged with "maledom" in which you'd have a male forcing the female MC to lick pussies and serve females, while he never did anything to her, nor would she ever serve a male in any way [directly]. Would such a game be loved by maledom fans, or in fact it would speak more to lezdom ones? Just think about it. That's all!

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes